Revenge Recap: Accidents Happen

Revenge Recap

“I don’t want any more loss.” a breathy Emily sneered at Victoria halfway through Sunday’s Revenge. Unfortunately, Emily would soon be reminded that loss — much like David Clarke — is always lurking around the corner.

A sincere attempt at a truce with Margaux — Emily even brought her real birth certificate as a “peace offering” — ended in tragedy, as Margaux and her fuchsia pantsuit were side-swiped by a speeding taxi. (For those of you keeping score at home, that’s the second time a speeding car has attempted to murder a major character this season. This is why I always take the subway.)

Margaux lost her baby, as predicted, but even I was surprised by her next move: She told Victoria that Emily pushed her into the oncoming cab! As if any more fuel needed to be thrown onto that fire, Victoria is now determined to bring Emily to justice — as if she even knows the meaning of the word.

Elsewhere this week…

(LADY) JUSTICE IS SERVED | Emily managed to retrieve Jack’s original blood sample from the night he was arrested — it’s amazing what Margaux’s goon is willing to hand over when he’s got a gun pointed at his forehead — but the judge refused to admit it into evidence for fear of contamination. Even worse, Jack’s mom-torney reacted so poorly to this that the judge held her in contempt! But because Emily always has a Plan B up her sleeve, she worked with Nolan and Ben — whose proven himself to be quite useful during the past few weeks — to blackmail the judge into testing Jack’s sample. (Truth be told, it was the kind of nonsense plan that could only work on Revenge, down to the fake name Emily used during her ominous call to the judge. “Lady Justice”? All right, then.)

HE AIN’T HEAVY, HE’S MY (DEAD) BROTHER | Good news: Louise did not drag Lyman’s corpse from the beach to the bedroom as she suggested at the end of last week’s episode. Bad news: She confessed the (accidental) murder to Nolan, and on this show, we all know that the people with the most secrets inevitably finds themselves in the most danger. The only silver lining in this whole situation is that Lyman’s funeral would give us a chance to reunite with the incomparable Carolyn Hennesy as Mama Ellis. Oh, how I’ve missed her.

SOCIAL NETWORKING | But before Nolan winds up in a heap of inevitable danger, it appears a little romance is in the cards for Emily’s long-suffering BFF. The social worker in Jack’s custody case was so impressed by Nolan’s defense of his friend that he returned to the club later that night for an off-the-books follow-up session. He was deterred when he saw Nolan’s wedding ring, but Louise’s doting husband was quick to offer an explanation over a drink. (So not only is Nolan now an accomplice in Lyman’s murder cover-up, but he’s also blabbing the truth about his sham marriage to a cute social worker. Didn’t Nolan used to be… smart?)

Revenge fans, what’s your take on this week’s big twist(s)? And do you really think, as the promo suggests, that Emily will reveal her true identity to the world next week? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories below.

1. Jimmy says:

I really hope we’ll be having an Amanda Clarke reveal next week because I’m hoping it will end this whole Margaux plot. As for baby Grayson, I would utterly shocked Margaux actually lost the baby. You can see that plot device coming from a million miles away.

2. Scott says:

I’m so over Margaux, she went too far when she had Carl taken away from Jack

3. Fred says:

Revenge was at its best this week.Loved the episode.

4. Alichat says:

Oh for the love of god…..can we kill Margaux already? Seriously…..get rid of that character. She’s pathetic.

• mabell says:

Couldn’t agree more! I never did like anything she contributed to the story. Does anyone else think that they are trying to wrap things up so that this is the last season?

• Bates says:

This has to be the last season, it has gotten real bad. The writing is just awful, and the newer cast members are cartoon characters. It’s a shame, it was so good the first year. This is my last season.

• mediaanon says:

Same here, storywise they’re just dragging this out and everything about Margeaux’s character is just so contrived.

• mediaanon says:

I hope they are: the hard turn towards Jack and Emily lately, Emily and Victoria don’t have much to do anymore, Margeaux can not carry the show, etc.

5. Doo Bee Doo says:

Totally predictable, down to Victoria blaming Emily for everything AGAIN.

6. art tart says:

What a crock for the writers to come up with such a lame story line for Margo to blame Emily for pushing her in front of a taxi. There would be so many surveillance cameras around the businesses that would show that was a lie.

I’d be surprised if Revenge were renewed for another season, they need better writers. Seems no one has a job on the soap opera except Ben or Jack when bar tending. Silly.

• cass says:

Yes, seriously, couldn’t they come up with something better than that! So unbelievable too since I’m pretty sure she was standing in the parking lane (with a car not too far in front and behind her)…don’t know what was wrong with the taxi driving to drive right into her in the first place, buthe wouldn’t have been coming straight on from where she was standing anyway.

• GuyAwks says:

Uh noone needs a job. They’re all retired multimillionaires. This is a show about rich people in the Hamptons, remember?

• mediaanon says:

Everything about Margeaux is forced and contrived, that’s why her sudden villain turn doesn’t work, she’s suddenly a cartoon villain now. I hope this is the last season.

7. cyrano says:

I’m sure Nolan can find the footage from a street camera that proves Margaux-away Lame’archal was NOT pushed by Emily. And I mean really, after EVERYTHING Emily did the Victoria and the Graysons did Victoria really think she would be so stupid to just push that un imbecile into an oncoming car? This show has good moments and TERRIBLE moments. That was a terrible moment. ABC should tell Sunil Nayyar et al. Wrap it up we got no time for this cray cray drama. And then develop the pilots on its slate already.

• cass says:

AGREED! Although we know Victoria will not let Emily know she is blaming her… there have been many situations in the past between characters that only went anywhere due to a complete lack of communication. So I doubt that Emily will know she is being blamed for pushing Margaux and she won’t do anything to prove her innocence.

8. wrstlgirl says:

You didn’t see that coming? Come on dude. I knew Margaux was going to accuse Emanda of pushing her the second she was hit. The whole “revenge” theme of this show has gotten so ridiculous it’s cartoonish.

9. Juan says:

I would have pushed her cause she is pissing me off. It was really nice to see mama porter back and I’m glad Louise told Nolan cause I like that their relationship is honest. Anyways next week looks awesome and I can’t believe she is gonna tell the world.

• kiwirevengefan says:

You think Nolan and Louise’s relationship is honest? I can’t believe Nolan is going to cheat on his gorgeous wife with that dork of a social worker. Come on Nolan, you are better than that. I’m worried that if Louise finds out that will truly send her over the edge and she will probably commit suicide.

• Shannon says:

Uhhh, you know their marriage is platonic right?

• kiwirevengefan says:

Yes, I do know that but do you remember how Louise reacted when she thought for a moment that Nolan and Emily had a thing? She is pretty fragile at the moment and Nolan is ignoring her. Oh your brother died, so sorry for your loss, bye bye I’m off to help Emily and Jack. Oh you accidentally pushed your brother over the cliff, so sorry, bye bye I’m off to help Emily and Jack. This is a ticking time bomb waiting to blow up in Nolan’s face. And really, that social worker is a nasty piece of work. Nolan always picks the wrong ones.

• cincobayou says:

Good call! I agree with you on this. Hope that Nolan does the right thing and leaves Tony alone just to be honest with Louise and not hurt her feelings.

• N says:

I love Louise & I think she already commited suicide…. I Loved this eoisode!

10. westwingwolf says:

Who else believes this is the setup Margaux & henchman were talking about? She totally sacrificed her baby to keep up her revenge. I know it sounds crazy and doesn’t make sense, but this is Revenge we are talking about. And there is no way that was an accident when those two were planning something. That taxi was gunning for her and she didn’t try to get out to the way. Plus Margaux is rich. She doesn’t need to hail for a taxi when she has her own private car service. If she really didn’t know this was coming, she’d be too busy grieving to think or even care about purposely blaming Emily. She had this planned. They wanted Victoria back in the revenge fold, and for Margaux to go this low makes her the worst person ever. So I hope when it is revealed, Victora & Emily will team up to ruin Margaux.

• Tracy84 says:

That’s an interesting theory. I don’t think she actually would sacrifice her baby, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she miscarried off screen and told no one and then arranged for the car to hit her so that when the doctors confirmed her miscarriage she could blame it on Emily. Although I can’t see how traffic cameras wouldn’t clear her immediately and show that there was something off about the “accident”. Besides how could Emily have shoved her in front of the Taxi? Was it just supposed to be lucky timing? How would she have known that the taxi would come out of nowhere? Is Margauex gonna claim that Emily arranged it? I really want Margauex to die and I hope she takes Victoria with her. I need to see her get what’s coming to her. I will be mad if she ends up with a happy ending.

• westwingwolf says:

I did think about her possibly have miscarrying off screen, if she was even pregnant to begin with and wasn’t using this for some reason. That would make more sense. My thinking is if they set this up, then they probably had it so the traffic cameras weren’t working or showed an angle where no one could tell if Emily pushed her or not.

• kiwirevengefan says:

But how would Margeaux know that Emily would be there? I thought Emily surprised her on the street? But your theory is interesting, there could be something there.

• KL says:

Where’s the taxi driver in all this?
            Did Margaux’s henchman set her up as he was the one who insisted that she carry this revenge thing through…as this is getting personal with him as he was humiliated by Emily.

• kiwirevengefan says:

Also if she had miscarried already how did the ultrasound scan show up the baby? I guess she could have bribed the hospital but really?

• cass says:

yes that is an interesting theory. if it is true, she is COMPLETELY CRAZY! She never acted like she cared about the baby anyway (aside from wanting to get rid of Daniel because he wouldn’t be a good father, only to be so obsessed with her love for him after he died).

• mc says:

I was thinking of the exact same thing. I was waiting for a reveal like that by the end of the episode, like a phonecall from the guy, or a flashback.
      But the scene with Emily and David was lovely, albeit short.
      And it was nice to see Helen Hunt reeled back in to direct

11. This show is such a shell of itself that I find it hard to muster up any feeling about any of it. Too littke Louise, too much Margeaux, nothing interesting happened at all.

12. kn1231 says:

Everyone talks about hating Charlotte, but I would much rather have her around than Margaux. The show has set up what I feel will be the final revenge battle: Margaux & Victoria vs. Emily & David. I actually have been enjoying Victoria and was hoping to see her and Emily team up but I guess that was short lived. Hopefully this all ends with an epic battle that is really rewarding for fans.

• art tar says:

Charlotte is not likely to come back, I read she signed on on another show now. She likely thought like everybody else Revenge was going to be canceled.

• kn1231 says:

She’ll be back, even if its for a small guest spot in the final episode. They have loose ends to tie up with her.

13. Goodbyenoway says:

Hate hate hate Margaux. Kill her please.

• jinx2014 says:

I am so with you. She is just horrible. She has always used her own driver so why would she be hailing a cab??? Something fishy.

14. nikki says:

I miss the days when I actually cared about the characters. RIP Conrad, Aidan and Daniel.

15. Was hoping Margeaux would just die already. Thanks for the recap. You just saved me an hour of disappointment.

16. Deion says:

As Margeaux sat in that bed, I knew what she would do. Victoria isn’t an idiot. Why would Emily push her in front of a car on a crowded street? Please end Margeaux in the finale.

17. bill says:

Margaux is such a lame adversary. I bet that most viewers were hoping she didn’t survive being hit by that taxi.

18. Janex says:

please can you kill Margaux character already?? Too much and we don’t like her. And you better end this season with Emily tell the world of who she really is. End of story. This drama gone too far already. Plot after plot to keep it going. No sense anymore. Stay on point you guys and dont add another character. It’s too much already.

19. Janex says:

Please kill Margaux character already. We don’t like her. Emily needs to tell the world who she really is. End of story. Don’t add plot after plot and add another character. End this show now coz it’s getting too much.

20. Margaux’s baby died. I knew that was gonna happen the minute Daniel died, and it cut to the scene where she was waiting for him.

• Shannon says:

I had an idea when they never made her look pregnant and with the whole “keeping my pregnancy a secret” thing.

21. DavidSask says:

Have you ever heard one fan of show say they liked Margaux? EXACTLY!!! Get a clue already for a show on death’s door, not overly smart of show-runners.

22. Kelly Deeny says:

As much as I don’t like Margaux’s actions, I understand them. I don’t think she’s driven by hatred or vengeance so much as by heartache and pain. As for claiming that Emily pushed her when that could be very easily disproved…I think her main goal was to reignite Victoria’s fury, which worked. Sure, the truth would easily be discovered, but what kind of damage could Victoria due in the meantime? I liked seeing Emily go to bat for Jack, and that he was there to see her in action. The women of REVENGE Emily, Madeleine, Karine, and Elena) stole the show this week with their powerful performances.

• Nosey says:

Would have to agree she is driven by pain, just like Amanda. But I am not sure about her methods, and not sure what she plans to accomplish. The Revenge in Season 1 was more or revealing the truth which was an accomplishment. Her takedowns was revealing others. To tell bold face lies as a revenge plan (even when Amanda did it) just not impressive. In Season 1 Tyler sought revenge on her and it was warranted and his plan was perfect. Even when she fixed things (clearing bother Jack an Daniel’s name), made sense. It is just nothing makes sense. Natalie Water’s character even made more sense to me, I like her an Victoria’s cattiness. Amanda and Margaux’s do not like.

23. AnitaC24 says:

I’ve enjoyed this program, but admittedly I’m done. Just too much twist and shout for me.

24. SJ says:

First of all, how was what happened to Lyman “murder”? It was an accident, plain and simple.

Secondly, I really don’t get what Emily stands to lose by revealing her identity. Who are these lives she’s trying to protect? The show has been very murky on that. Anyway… wish it had been Margaux who died. Which is a sad sentiment considering how I loved Vanasse on Pan Am.

Also, is the Nolan/Louise marriage still necessary? She got her money and knows what really happened to her father. So many things on this show that don’t make sense anymore…

25. Essie says:

Good episode, but I’m so done with Margeaux. I’m wondering if they are going to drag this storyline out trying to prove Emily didn’t push her. That would be bad cause it can be easily proven with security camera’s, eye witnesses etc. Loved seeing Jack’s mom though.

26. KL says:

I am hoping that during that press conference in the promo, Emily is not revealing her identity, but she is bringing down the Lemarchal media empire by revealing Pasquale’s role in the bombing. Total devastation!

At this point, Victoria knows that Emily can make her “disappear”….her new wealth via the inheritance notwithstanding. Any revenge seeking on her part is patently futile.

27. Liz says:

if they’re wrapping up the show for the finale, then i hope she does reveal herself next week. i’ve loved the show, but i think it’s reached it’s natural ending.

28. Iakovos says:

Am thinking REVENGE is ready to finish. The concept of the whole REVENGE plot is done. Let’s clear the carnage, serve the just desserts (that murderous Victoria!), and move on. The Porters seem secure and that is step one. Jack and Emily need to be the endgame here… and sail away on that boat David now has? Margaux’s allegation likely cannot stick and she will just have to go away. I find it difficult to sympathize with her character at all and I have defended her. Perhaps the newly free-of-family burdens Louise can begin a new life elsewhere with Nolan’s help and let him go to find love (so overdue!). Charlotte can come home clean and sober and ready to embrace her new life as a Clarke.

• Sarah says:

So you are basically saying that Emily needs to quit her job to go and be a boring little wife to an even more boring Jack? I would think in this day and age they are not trying to do a fairy tale – shouldn’t being equal partners matter? I am not seeing any romance left between Jack/Emily.

• Nosey says:

She wants to be with him, and was devastated when she found out she could not have children. She wants that life she just had unfinished business, which has already bed finished. She try to end this at the end if Season 1 and sail off w/ Jack. However you are right, no longer seeing their spark between the two. When they both were with someone else, you can tell they wanted each other, but when they were both single it doesn’t seem that way.

29. ABC says:

Think Nolan (who has personality to spare) should ignore the new dude and hook up with Ben (who has no personality at all). Perhaps two real human beings will emerge. That opens up a lane for Amanda to marry Jack and adopt Carl and we’ll end the series (mercifully) with them flying off to California leaving the crazies in NY all to themselves. It could happen!

• kiwirevengefan says:

So what you are saying then that in order for Emily and Jack to be together all other possible contenders need to either be killed off (Aiden and Daniel) or be otherwise paired off (Ben and Nolan, really? Ben isn’t gay). What do you think that says about Jack and Emily’s relationship. If it was true love they would find a way to be together. As it was you saw Emily after they had reunited Jack and Carl this episode. She didn’t even want to go out for a celebratory drink with them all.

• ABC says:

Ben isn’t really anything … a boring, blank slate. Making him a closet case would give him something. Now, he’s nothing more than an instant cure for insomnia.

• Nosey says:

Her father was going, does that mean u should question her relationship w/ her father? She goes out of her way for Jack, I thought she wanted to make sure a Jack was not in the cross fires, it wasn’t like she went to see Ben. I question her and Aiden’s relationship, she should be revenging his death but has not. I think if she had feelings for him she would have taken down Queen V by now. She took down a judge for Jack.

30. Annoyed viewer says:

The story became dragging. End it already! So predictable and the plot would just go on and on. Revenge’s plot line is ready to say goodbye but the writers and cast sure doesn’t! Lol

31. Jo says:

This happened in the middle of NYC where there’s always a million people walking by, how can they expect for this lie to stick? They’re just screwing with us at this point really…

32. Margaux shoulda used Uber!

33. Sherry Walsh says:

I agree….can we get rid of Margaux already ???? Standing at the curb in a RED jumpsuit flagging down a cab (yes, where was your personal driver and car ? ) ….and she lived through it ! She’s a terrible character……please writers, enough of Margaux !

34. Marlene says:

Just like everyone else, I’m done with margeaux, ughhh…!!
    Ofcourse she wouldn’t take a taxi. Of course Emily wouldn’t push her in a busy street. Of course the accident is so unbelievable. It all doesn’t make sense, sooooo annoying. Bad writing. All this makes it harder to remember; why is it a problem when Emily her true identity comes out? I totally forgot.

I liked it when Emily wanted to make peace. The revenge story with margeaux is uninteresting, nobody cares for margeaux, her character or her story or her acting. Unlike Victory but i like the truce how it is now. And i like the father daughter bonding, that’s sweet and what we revenge fans want to see too!

35. Santiago says:

The fire’s been ignited. The Victoria v. Emily feud is on again and I love it….it’s the best they could’ve done. I love Margaux. I loved good Margaux. I love her…dark side….let’s call it that. She’s not the TREMENDOUS villain like Conrad was, like Victoria, Malcolm (and he was just in 2 and 1/60 of the episodes), but she’s a good villian, you can see how unexperienced she is when you saw her first attempts to take down Ben and to expose Jemily to the FBI. Now she’s going too far but in a good way. Soapy twists but that’s what Revenge is! A prime time soap-opera!
    I hope this isn’t the last season. I would be quite a challenge for the writters to make one more season but I absolutely want it. Love the show. Love Emily. Love Jemily and Lolan.

– EXTRA: I’m going to complain about everybody in every article complaining about The Initiative arc. THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! If you watch a show about a guy being framed for a terrorist attack by a group of people, IT WAS NECESSARY THAT THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE APEARRED AGAIN! IT WAS OBVIOUS AND NECESSARY TO THE SERIES! Those who didm’t like this plot….shouldn’t have watched the series at all!

36. Susan says:

Why are we all watching this if it is so bad and totally nonsensical!

37. Susan says:

Did anyone notice how washed out Margaux looked when she and Emily were “making-up”, lol, in the street. Like someone else mentioned, she already had the miscarriage? Hmm…Since Louise claimed her brother was dead drunk, wouldn’t the police have taken a blood sample to verify? Of course they would! Arrgh!

38. SusieQ says:

I just wish the writing could return to the excellence of the 1st season. It’s time to end this show.

39. Andrea says:

OK. I think with all the security surveillance in the streets, Margaux’s story about Em’s aka Amanda will be put to rest. I’m not even sure why the writers even went there.

40. Tony says:

I am so done with this show.. It has become so predictable it is BORING! Now will only watch the grand finale if I live that long.

41. Dave says:

How about Margaux dies and we get back to Victoria Vs Emily for the final few episodes of the season … which, god willing, will also be the final few episodes ever. Stick a fork in it …

42. Barbara says:

STOP WHiSPERING!

43. herethere says:

I don’t like that Emily was blamed for pushing Margaux, but maybe they’ll make the story interesting and the truth will come out that Margaux’s brother put a hit out on her.

44. Alex says:

Does anyone else have an impression that Victoria is behind Magaux’s miscarriage because of Margaux’s decision not to announce the pregnancy, and not to support her project in the first place? Victoria had the same expression on her face when Margaux told her that she wouldn’t announce she was expecting Daniel’s baby (yet), and also when Margaux told her that Emily pushed her; i.e. hatred, mistrust towards Margaux. I can definitely imagine Victoria being behind it

• kiwirevengefan says:

I doubt it. I think Victoria was genuinely looking forward to seeing her grandchild, her favourite son Daniel’s only child. I think she was devastated when Margeaux lost the baby. The look she gave Margeaux when she said Emily pushed her was hatred for Emily, not Margeaux.

45. Randy Harper says:

Is there proof M. Was really prego??

• kiwirevengefan says:

Well she did have the Ultrasound scan which showed the baby and the beating heart. So unless she faked that somehow then yes, she was pregnant.