Exclusive

Glee Series Finale Sneak Peek: Watch Rachel and Kurt Perform 'Popular'

Glee Series Finale Video

Glee fans, get ready to feel Wicked nostalgic.

The first half of Friday’s series finale (Fox, 8/7c) flashes back to the New Direction members’ first encounters in 2009, featuring a musical nod to one of the show’s longest-running rivalries.

I’m referring to Kurt and Rachel’s never-ending battle for diva supremacy, which finds its roots in TVLine’s exclusive clip from the finale, in which the duo struggles to share the spotlight for a performance of “Popular.”

Longtime Glee fans will recall Rachel and Kurt’s infamous diva-off to “Defying Gravity,” another Wicked tune, in Season 1, followed by an encore four years later in the show’s 100th episode.

Hit PLAY on the preview clip below, then drop a comment: How do you hope Glee ends?

1. Meredith says:

Huh. I expected to love this, but there was something off in the vocals. Also, Rachel’s eyebrows, but mostly the vocals.

• rine says:

I LOVE the vocals here, although too much Rachel to my liking.

• Meredith says:

The harmonizing was really good, but it seemed as though they were trying to show that Rachel’s voice especially had developed over the years, but it was way worse than her voice ever was in the beginning (not that it wasn’t great in the beginning, because it was). That combined with the overly dramatic lip syncing/facial expressions disappointed me, particularly because it’s a song I think they could have done really well together straight from the get-go.

2. Dave says:

Lip syncing so obvious in this clip

3. A fan of TV says:

RIP Glee. I used to love this show, never missed it, because it was always fun. When Cory/Finn died I just couldn’t watch anymore, it was all just too sad and the newbies were just repeating season one tropes and character stereotypes :( But some of the shows starts deserve long careers after this is over, and for their talents I hope they do have them.

• rine says:

That was back then. It changed in season 5 and especially season 6.

• 'A' Has Spoken says:

You should have given season 6 a try. WAY better than seasons 4 and 5 combined. And the new kids they introduced were amazing! I loved them and am sad that we only got 1 short season with them. :\

4. cuius says:

Given iTunes released the music for both parts of the finale on Wednesday – not many surprises

5. KC says:

LOVE it. Really looking forward to the Series Finale tonight!

6. I dont understand why they sang Popular? I always thought that was more so a Rachel/Quinn song or at the very least would fit the narrative.

• .... says:

First of all there is no way Dianna could have handled this song and secondly the Wicked songs have always been sung by Kurt and Rachel on the show and they weren’t going to change that in the finale.

• Mallory says:

I just find it more funny that it’s not Kurt giving Rachel the makeover (and singing Galinda’s part) since in Season 1 she actually asked Kurt to give her a makeover….

7. Bizzle says:

And they also sang For Good (in New York, if I recall correctly).

8. Sandy says: