Wes Bentley Checks in to AHS: Hotel

Open Season 1 Casting Wes Bentley

Print him a keycard and swipe his credit card for incidentals, because Wes Bentley definitely will be part of American Horror Story: Hotel.

The actor, who appeared as the ghoulish Edward Mordrake in the anthology series’ recent Freak Show season, will be a series regular when Ryan Murphy’s horror drama returns to FX.

VIDEO Watch Lady Gaga’s American Horror Story: Hotel Teaser

Murphy announced the casting Tuesday via Twitter.

No word yet on who Bentley will play. He joins a cast that includes pop star Lady Gaga, Matthew Bomer (White Collar) and Cheyenne Jackson (Glee) — but not Murphy muse Jessica Lange, who recently confirmed that she will not return for the series’ fifth season.

1. jasie says:

Still want him to bring on Jessalyn Gilsig. She’d be a great fit for AHS

• alistaircrane says:

I agree, but I guess she’s busy with Vikings.

• Robert says:

That is a brilliant idea but I think she is busy with Vikings. I wish they would release storyline and character info for AHS Hotel already, that is the one thing I hate about this show, the long wait for proper information.

• Andy says:

She was just killed off of Vikings, actually.

• Robert says:

Bad for herVikings fans good for those of us who would love to see her join the Hotel Cast! Thank you for the info Andy. I can see her and Wes playing a couple, they are both brilliant actors.

• jasie says:

I dont thinknhe fully knows the characters yet. I think they get written based on the actors cast. Not the best way to do a show and is why there are so many filler type eps in AHS.

2. K says:

Great news! He’s so underrated.

3. alistaircrane says:

With the exception of Lady Gag-gag, I’m loving this cast!!!

4. lisa says:

Really like Wes Bentley. Am I the only one noticing the somewhat similar appearances of the three male cast members so far? Maybe they’ll be related to each other

5. Joey says:

With the way casting is looking for Hotel, the main cast might be opposite in gender compared with Coven, which was almost exclusively female minus Evan Peters and Denis O’Hare.

6. Sam says:

It would be so nice to see Jennifer Lawrence on ahs!

7. bearcouch says:

Hey! Do you guys have a page for April premieres by chance? Thanks!

8. IMHO says:

Wes Bentley as Mondrake was one of the bright spots in AHS Freak Show
    I think the AHS Hotel Season could be pretty good maybe like ” The Shining”
    The cast so far is fantastic but wouldn’t it be fun if Jack Nicholson checked into the Hotel as a guest kinda like a nod to a horror classic.

9. AHS Hotel is becoming the place where past AHS guest stars end up at. They check in, but can they check out?

10. aurat22 says:

Anyone guessing Matt and Wes might play brothers? They have kind of a similar look, IMHO.

11. Rhiannon Reeves says:

School days!

12. Casey says:

Mordrake*

• J.B. says:

This is the second time I’ve seen a website use Mondrake. I wonder if these sites are using the same press release with the misspelling. Because nowhere else is the character called Mondrake.

13. Michelle says:

Am i crazy or does he look like a mix of Bradley Cooper & Ian Somerhalder (black haired guy from vampire diaries)

14. Tiffany says:

I absolutely adored Bentley in AHS Freakshow.. Really his mordrake episodes were the highest point in that whole tragically bad series.. I’m hopeful for Hotel , and i just so happened to love Lady GaGa, and i think she has just the right amount of diva to fill Jessica Lange shoes..

15. Carrie says:

Jessica Lange is American Horror Story….please come back Jessica.

16. Alieva says:

My gosh, Jessica Lange is going to be missed.. she is an amazing actress and I really cant imagine AHS without her.