Ratings: Last Man, Family Guy and Once Slip; Revenge and Good Wife Steady

Last Man on Earth Ratings

Fox’s Last Man on Earth this Sunday drew 3.7 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating, down 16 and 21 percent week-to-week.

Opening Fox’s night, Bob’s Burgers (2.3 mil/1.0) slipped two tenths. The Simpsons (3.6 mil/1.5) and Brooklyn Nine-Nine (3 mil/1.4) each ticked down a tenth, while Family Guy (3.5 mil/1.7) dropped 12 and 19 percent.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Once Upon a Time (5.8 mil/1.8) slipped 13 and 14 percent, landing just above the series lows (5.7 mil/1.7) set by the winter finale. Secrets and Lies (5.3 mil/1.3) dipped 12 percent and one tenth, while plucky Revenge (4.8 mil/1.1) held steady.

CBS | Madam Secretary (11.2 mil/1.2) inched up a tenth, while Good Wife (8.8 mil/1.0) and Battle Creek (6.7 mil/0.8) were flat.

1. Tran says:

I have a feeling Last Man on Earth won’t last that long as does Secrets & Lies and Battle Creek.

• M says:

Agreed. Not at all interested in S&L and Battle Creek after the first episodes. And I was really hoping Last Man on Earth would be funny. It shouldn’t have brought in other characters so soon when it was marketed as being about one guy. OUAT is suffering from the same mess of too much going on that contradicts the ‘focus on the core characters’ promise, IMO. At least The Good Wife didn’t loose more points after last week’s weirdness, though I’m a bit tired of the recycled plotline of Diane and her husband’s sociopolitical differences never mind the campaign. I wish B99 was doing better, though it doesn’t seem to be as funny this half of the season. I suppose most shows start to run out of ideas by this time of the season.

2. wrstlgirl says:

I turned off Once again last night. I’m just not interested anymore I guess. I am liking Secrets and Lies. Hope they don’t pull it and leave us in limbo. Revenge is just so so. I could care less about Margaux vendetta against Emily except now she’s hurt Jack so I have to watch :-)

• Zach says:

I’m slowly losing interest in Once too. As weird as this may sound, it’s just too much plot, plot, plot with very minimal character development.

• M says:

4b reminds me of 2a. The Book/The Author is just likeThe Compass/Wardrobe. The characters inexplicably change behavior/relationships like pod people from Invasion of the Body Snatchers instead of authentic character development because the writing is focused on explaining the magical thingamabobs and revenge plots instead of showing the characters having experiences/interactions with each other and reacting to the crazy stuff going on. I don’t know what AU they borrowed last night’s Belle from, but that was NOT character development, it was the tail (plot) wagging the dog (characters). Disappointing for sure.

• wrstlgirl says:

And the actors look like they are just going through the motions. There’s no excitement or heart in any of the characters anymore.

• RichCD says:

Our family stopped watching Once during the Frozen arc. For a show built on contrivances, it has just become too much. And its no wonder the actors look bored, since the show completely stopped caring about consistent characterization.

3. kmw says:

OUAT won with their demo but despite everything falling on FOX, almost all their shows did better than everything else. I Know CBS has more viewers on their shows but their demo numbers, especially on Sunday are horrible. Good Wife lost to almost all the other shows it was up against(it barely beat Dateline in demo). Revenge, while it is doing ok, it should be doing much better against their weak competition. I don’t think their numbers will give them another year

4. Dennis says:

Yay Revenge! Hope it gets a fifth season!!

5. Boiler says:

So another night when CBS had the most viewers by a long shot, except Battle Creek, and said to be struggling. Ah well the fight is over from me but hopefully someone wakes up and fixes this system

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I wish you well in that quest, “Boiler.”

• Boiler says:

Matt, when I see interviews that justify the way they do it now, with facts, I’ll believe it. Otherwise I continue to believe that this is 2015 not 1950

• Mark says:

Old people don’t buy video games, they go to the movies less, and they generally are more frugal even if they earn more, they also aren’t very vocal about the shows they watch, so this is why

• Mark says:

People actually should be glad advertisers look at 18-49 or else every show would have to cater to the 50+ crowd who drives up total viewership, which would mean more procedurals and multi cam comedies, because I hate to be ageist but old people don’t go outside their comfort zone when it comes to tv.

• OlivaK says:

Wow, is the air pretty pure up there on Mt. Olympus, bud? It must be so difficult for someone as “enlightened” as you think you are to comment down here with the rest of us, common folks. You don’t “hate” to be an ageist–you revel in it. Just as you did in your tactless comments on Sunday’s Performance of the Week. Spare me, your holier-than-thou musings, on a group of people you know nothing about. How sad, we all can’t fit into your little box of who truly deserves to watch what–per you. Ageist? Throw in snobby, elitist, and misogynist–you are indeed the “perfect” package.

• Boiler says:

Mark, that is just stupid. You must think this is 1915 not 2015

6. Kelly Deeny says:

Glad to see REVENGE is steady, but I hope it’s numbers increase. It keeps me guessing and anticipating the next episode.

7. aurat22 says:

For me with Once the problem is so far this half is it’s been mostly about introducing the Queen’s of Darkness especially Mal, and very little about the Story Brook residents. Guest Stars are fine IMHO when they enhance the tales of the regular cast but they shouldn’t replace the regular cast as the main focus, which in this case, again IMHO they have. I won’t quit watching entirely but I may start only watching on DVR, so I can start fast forwarding through much of the QOD stuff. I am not really into any of their characters.The Zelina/Regina sister dynamic is interesting but that’s it.

8. Lenny says:

Last man on earth might have been good of it didn’t have a new female show up after the marriage. Made the show annoying and unfunny. Here’s a novel idea you got the crazy ugly lady and the hot woman. How to solve the problem? Kill the ugly lady. There now live happily ever after.

9. Gerald says:

I really enjoy Secrets and Lies and Good Wife, but Walking Dead is the priority. So I hope the day after numbers increase their points. The Good Wife I am HOPING Alicia drops out. Prady is a good guy and Alicia can get back to being a lawyer. I hope this ends soon.
    Once is not as bad as I thought. At first the Queens of Darkness were a turn off but I am on board now. Yay August.
    Brooklyn 99 was a great episode last night. Still makes me laugh out loud.

10. Larry says:

I really wish Revenge went back to the original premise of Emily struggling to exact revenge on others. The producers make it TOO easy for her to win every week. I don’t root for her or Nolan any more like I did in season 1. When the producers twist the narrative to the point, you start rooting for Margaux to get something over your lead -your show has totally lost its focus. At this point, I could care less if the show got renewed or not. There are just no likable characters any more -except perhaps Ben.

11. Carol C says:

I’m really enjoying Battle Creek and am sorry the numbers aren’t great. It reminds me somewhat of Common Law which I loved but lasted for just one season.

12. DavidSask says:

Battle Creek looks dunzo! Revenge at this point, would love ABC to schedule a 2 hour wrap up movie (when other networks have repeats_, advertise it heavily, hope can end on high! Secrets and Lies please be limited series with an ending as you suck!