Post Mortems

Eye Candy Finale: EP Explains Lindy's Big Move, Teases Season 2 Twist

Eye Candy Finale

The first season of MTV’s twisted thriller Eye Candy reached its explosive conclusion Monday, but as it turns out, bringing the Flirtual killer to justice is merely the beginning of Lindy’s journey.

Following Jake’s arrest, Lindy made herself scarce, without exchanging proper goodbyes with any of her friends in New York — including Tommy. As for Lindy’s sister, not only is Sara alive, but footage from Jake’s tablet suggests she faked her kidnapping in order to “keep Lindy safe.” (Um… what?)

TVLine took our burning questions to Eye Candy executive producer Christian Taylor, who was more than happy to explain Lindy’s motivations — and offer up a major hint at what a second season would have in store for fans.

Ready? Let’s do this…

TVLINE | In R.L. Stine’s book, the killer is one of Lindy’s roommates. Why didn’t you follow that in the show and make it Sophia?
The book was really more of a [starting point] for us, and after I developed the story, I departed from the book and kind of reinvented a lot of it. When I started developing the show with the writers, anybody could have been the killer, so we just had to decide what would be the most interesting or most extreme option.

Eye Candy FinaleTVLINE | And of course it was the guy with the accent.
[Laughs] Yes! We just really wanted to surprise people.

TVLINE | I’m glad Lindy and Tommy got some closure with that chat they had online. In your own words, where does that relationship stand now?
They’re definitely still at odds. There’s an olive branch that’s been extended to him, and it’s one of my favorite scenes when he says, “I’m sorry” to her at the end. It’s really moving. I’m excited to explore their relationship if we get a second season. Will they ever get together? I don’t know.

TVLINE | Well, you did give fans a little payoff with that make-out scene at the Airbnb.
You know, the fans really wanted them to kiss, so I gave them a kiss — even if it wasn’t a real kiss.

TVLINE | I don’t know, it was a pretty good kiss.
You know what’s funny? I think they kiss a lot better than Jake and Lindy kiss, which was really lucky. You never know what the chemistry is going to be like when you’re casting, but Casey [Diedrick] is great and Victoria [Justice] is lovely. It all worked.

TVLINE | Did you show us Jake’s backstory in the hopes of us sympathizing with him a little?
[Laughs] Well, I think sympathizing with a mass murderer is a hard thing to do. So I wasn’t trying to do that, but I wanted the backstory to maybe give a little insight into the mind of a psycho and to show what triggers him. That was the reason for going into his past.

TVLINE | And then there was that Sara twist. “Lindy will be safe” is going to haunt me forever. What does it mean?!
[Laughs] I’m not going to tell you anything! No, there’s going to be a big conspiracy that we’ll explore next season about why her sister did that. And I’ll say one thing: It will be linked to their father.

Eye Candy fans, your thoughts on the season finale? Hopes for Season 2? Drop ’em all in the comments section below.

1. Mike says:

really enjoyed this season hope for a season 2

2. Erica says:

omg there has to be a season 2!! This show is awesome!! I have so many questions that HAVE to be answered next season! Omg love this show!

3. Brogan Smith says:

There needs to be a second season of eye candy eye candy is mine and my best friend show ever Monday we get on the phone and talk to each other when eye candy is on there needs to be a second season of eye candy it is a really good show it always have us freaking out and if it don’t have another season everyone gonna get mad cause everyone loves this show and you can’t just do one season if y’all just do one season of eye candy I’m gonna get really mad cause you can’t just make one season of a show and everybody starts watching it and then not make another seasons

4. Staci says:

Please a second season!!! :)

5. kayla marie says:

PLEASE LET THERE BE A SEASON 2! YOU HAVE MY FULL ATTENTION! I’M ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS SHOW. :)

6. This series is the best television show I have ever experienced. The meaning and passion is a referral to the real world today. I would enjoy seeing a second season. Every episode made me more FOMO than the last. I honestly enjoy your show “EYE CANDY” the most

7. OMG that was one of the best thriller shows ever!! I hope the creators make at least 3 seasons!

8. alistaircrane says:

I wanted Sofia to be the killer like in the book. :-/

9. Jessica says:

Season 1 totally has me wanting more. Please bring a season 2 ASAP!! Absolutely love this show.

10. I don’t no about everyone else but I personally love the show it is so awsome because I never thought that Jake would be the killer but me and my mom think that Jake isn’t the only killer maby he could just be working with the killer. But any ways I would just like to say I am a big fan of the show and Victoria because she inspires me because when I grow up I want to be a singer and a dancer and I want to right my own songs and I really want to learn how to play the guitar,piano,trombone,and violin and I no it’s kind of weard that a 10year old is telling you all of this oh and in the show lindy besides Jake has a great taste in men Ben,and tommy are super cute and don’t get me ring if Jake wasn’t such a meany he wouldn’t be so bad so there that’s all I got to say oh by the way in the movie Victoria looks really pretty.

• Ranisha Morris says:

Why can’t eye candy continue on MTV?? My family and I use to watch Eye Candy every Monday..Please continue playing Eye Candy on MTV. .

11. Ashley says:

There better be a season 2!!!

12. Eder Lopez says:

I think that this has been one of the Best shows so far MTV has put out there recently. Most of this shows are ehh same story blah blah. I think that Teen Wolf is a pretty good show but hands down Eye Candy has by far been the best show of these recent times. There definitely needs to be more seasons of this show! I cannot wait to see them! For sure tho keep Victoria and Casey as the main people. Don’t kill their characters by putting other people or killing them in the show. The show would not be the same without them. but yesss BY FAR BEST SHOW I’VE EXPIRIENCED IN A WHILE. EYE CANDY SEASON 2 PLEASEE!!!!!!

13. jb says:

THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD IM SO GLAD I GAVE IT A CHANCE! doesn’t even seem like an mtv show

14. JEN says:

Please don’t take Eye Candy form me now lol I am not over the loss of SOA yet lol I replaced SOA with Eye Candy so that should tell you how much I love this show !! Thanks please continue with a season 2

15. I really love watching this season of eye candy and I can’t believe that jake is the Flirtual killer and when I seen the season finale I was like omg jake is the Flirtual killer and when I find out that that jake is the Flirtual killer Am like o’ no Not him please not him and I was like but he is the Flirtual killer and I can’t wait to find out what happens next in the season finale and I really really really really want there will be a second season of eye candy so please please make another season of eye candy please please please please please please please please please please please please I want to find out so so so so so bad what happens next in eye candy

16. Ashley says:

Loved the show. I wasn’t expecting to, watched it on a whim, and now I’m crazy about it. I hope that MTV gives it a second season.

17. Hailey R says:

If there isn’t a season 2… I’ll just keep endlessly wondering what life is. That’s how special this show is. Me and my bestfriend watched t every Monday, all we needed were blankets and some kind of mini snack. We would totally forget about our phones.

18. Beedon says:

I loved it, hope there will be season 2. And I also want Tommy and Lindy together.

19. Ashley says:

Renew the show! Best & freshest show MTV has right now, would be a huge mistake to not have a Season 2. Dying to figure out more about what’s going on with Lindy’s sister & of course see Tommy/Lindy (Tindy) happen!

20. lauren ratcliffe says:

I think it was good that Tommy and lindy chated over the computer like they were taling to each other but I think he shouldvof told her he liked her and I think they should of kissed

21. I love this show!!! pleaseeee don`t cancel Eye Candy!!! a lot of us now a days don`t have tv/satellite, we have to watch it on the computer. if i could watch it every Monday on tv I would!!! Don`t make us lose a good show, I lost Stalker already, I don`t want to lose this tooo!!!! #RenewEyeCandy #SEASON 2!

22. Amber says:

Please let there be a season 2 soon!!! Love this show

23. Bingcute says:

This is my favorite show. Can’t wait for season 2.

24. alicia says:

Omg yes please do a second season!!!!, this has been my favorite show, its so thrilling and reminds me of a horror movie except every week there’s a new twist. Pleaseeee!! Praying for a season 2, and hopefully Lindy and Tommy will get together

25. nzinga mair says:

I love this show so much but I wish that it will come on every single day lol and it is so awesome

26. lacey says:

We need season 2 and many more!!! This is absolutely one of the best shows around!!! Always on the edge of your seat and awesome cast!!! Let’s keep it going MTV! We also need more Lindy and Tommy action! 😉

27. melissa says:

I really enjoyed this season I have so many questions and can’t wait till season 2 and I hope to see Tommy and Lindy have a future

28. gabriela says:

This show was very addicting! Fell inlove with the characters. Hope for season 2!

29. gabriela says:

This show was very addicting! Fell in love with the characters. Hope for season 2

30. I got hooked right away, it’s a great show and I can’t wait for it’s return. I want Tommy Lindy to get together!! Awesome show “Eye Candy”!!!!! Please return asap, there is so much more to see and I do hope it does return!!!!

31. Larena Navarro says:

SEASON 2!!!!! I absolutely LOVE this show I got hooked the first episode! MTV would be dumb not to give it a second season. Every minute of this SHOW had me on my toes. Ugh. I need more !!!😄 It would haunt me never knowing what happened to Sarah !

32. Ally Hidalgo says:

I was very certain Jake was the virtual killer from the very beginning because of how he had just met her and he just shows up at her place. I love how the writers gave him a good back story of his past. I do however believe that there is probably more than just one killer out there in the show. Something about the Live Chat scene with Tommy and Lindy and that little side smirk and the way Jake looked at Tommy made me feel like Tommy is hiding something and there is more to him then we know. It may just be my imagination but I am so EXCITED for season 2!! :D

33. Margarita says:

I really enjoyed watching the show!! And I cant wait to watch season 2. Hope Lindy and Tommy will date. I wanna see them together!

34. Rachel says:

this show has been too much too gone too fast! I absolutely adore the characters and the cast and the show had me wrapped up in the flirtual killer drama since the first episode! The season finale was nothing short of jaw dropping awesomeness, but I’m going to miss it so much! I already don’t know what to do with my Monday nights… Hoping for Season 2 and some answers!!

35. Ramon says:

I really enjoyed this season, especially the season finale, so I hope they do a second season!!!

36. Kari says:

The season finale was really good. I hope there is a season 2 I really want to know why Sara did what she did.

37. katy says:

I loved Eye Candy.I was also surprised that Sarah had not actually been kidnapped. That was a really good twist.I am very sorry for Tommy,because I think Lindy and Tommy very well fit together. I’m really hoping make will be season 2.This was my favorite show.Please make will be season 2!!!
    Tommy and Lindy perfect couple forever!

38. Essie says:

This show has become one of my favorites. The season finale was awesome. I can’t wait for season 2 if there is going to be one! It has to be.

39. erica guevara says:

Eye candy is the best i love how they put it together and mysterious this show is!!! Please second season there should be cuz this show did not suck at all.

40. Alyssa says:

Oh my gosh! This season finale had me on the edge of my seat! My jaw dropped at the ending of the show! Will there be more?! This CAN’T possibly be the end????

41. Robb7 says:

Great show — needs a 2nd season to iron out the details and answer some real questions!

42. Ange says:

NEED SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!

43. Lindsey says:

Eye Candy is my favorite show! I love the cast the storyline and the music. There definitely has to be a second season!

44. Manda says:

Eye candy is such a addictive show. Its by far my favorite show. I really hope there’s a season two!

45. Atty says:

Really hoping for a season 2

46. Mariah says:

Please season 2!! I’m dying over here to see what happens!! Please there has to be a second season!

47. jm says:

Some Open Questions:
    – How did Lindy contact George?
    – Who was working with Jake at the cyber crime unit?
    – Who take care of Jake after his parent´s deaths?
    – Did Sarah and Jake know each other?
    – How did Tommy enter on the captains office?
    – If Jake had someone working with him at the police station, may he be able to escape?
    – Does Connor still have his job?
    – Has anyone thought that the black cop was going to kill George (or put him in jeopardy)?

About the show, i did love it. Noone is safe and i like it. Only George has not been put under a death thread. I dont like Tommy, so for me i dont care about this selfish character. I would have love that he bite the dust in the finale… or at least something. He is presumptuous

48. Rayrenis says:

I love it , please we need a second season but right now im in love with tommy OMG! Can’t wait 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍