Mom Bumps Jaime Pressly to Series Regular for Season 3

Mom Jaime Pressly Cast

“Hi, my name is Jill” is a phrase Mom fans are likely to hear more often in Season 3: The CBS comedy has promoted guest-star Jaime Pressly to series regular.

The My Name Is Earl alum, who debuted as Christy’s newly sober pal earlier this season, will be a permanent part of the cast when the recently renewed sitcom returns in the fall, the network announced Friday.

RELATED Mom‘s Allison Janney on Bonnie’s ‘Life and Death’ Stakes After Alvin’s Demise

Pressly’s Jill is rich and a handful — which proves problematic when Christy tries to help her out (but awfully fun when she needs a housesitter).

The actress most recently starred in TV Land’s Jennifer Falls, which was cancelled after one season.

1. nickchoo says:

I love this show and don’t mind adding Jaime Pressly to the mix as she’s always fun (although, on a shallow level, I’m not crazy about her boyish haircut in ‘Mom’), but I do hope Mom doesn’t neglect its existing supporting cast any further. The restaurant characters are virtually nonexistent (if not for Gabriel’s tryst with Christy in recent episodes), and I imagine that Spencer Daniels’ Luke has been permanently written out as he’s only been one episode this season, which is a shame as I thought he was really funny. And more Baxter, please! Matt Jones is hilarious!!!!

• BrightLight says:

YES more Baxter please! I was just thinking this during last night’s episode where he only had 3 lines but all of them were hilarious. His delivery is so fantastic. JP has been a highlight for the show this season and I do hope that this means we will see more OS since *SPOILER* her character is living with JP’s character now *END SPOILER*.

2. Tran says:

She was so funny during her My Name is Earl days.

3. Evan says:

I’m glad to see the show building up its cast with these strong, funny ladies. I disagree with people upset by the restaurant staff members being pushed aside…I am all for it. Gabriel is fun but ultimately unimportant to the show. I am way more interested in the antics of Christy, Bonnie and their friends. If only Octavia Spencer could commit to a series regular position, that would be a killer line up. This is great news.

4. John NYC says:

Glad to see she’s got another gig, like her as a comedic actress. Don’t watch the show but I wish her the best.

5. Amanda says:

I really want to like this show, tried watching a few episodes…love Anna Faris and Allison Janney, but now they’re adding Jamie Pressly and I still cannot get behind this show. The premise is just too sad and depressing and as much as I want to laugh, I just can’t…I don’t know, I guess I’m probably taking this show wwwwaaaayyyy too seriously, but growing up in that life wasn’t funny to me.

6. A fan of TV says:

And the cancelation if Hart of Dixie becomes official in 3-2…

7. Brock says:

They need to remove the restaurant and focus on specific characters. I love Jaime and Octavia and would adore it if they AA 5 were the sole focus.