Pilot News: Lucifer Lures ChiFi Alum

Lucifer Lauren German Cast

Lucifer has found his leading lady.

Chicago Fire‘s Lauren German will play a homicide detective entranced (and disgusted) by the Dark Prince in Fox’s DC Comics drama pilot, our sister site Deadline reports.

In the potential series, German’s Chloe Dancer works for the Los Angeles Police Department and teams up with Lucifer (played by Rush‘s Tom Ellis), who has abandoned Hell and chosen to help L.A.’s finest apprehend and punish criminals. Their partnership causes the Lord of the Underworld to wonder at Chloe’s inherent goodness, which in turn causes him to think humanity might not be so bad after all.

The pilot was penned by Californication creator Tom Kapinos, who will exec-produce alongside Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Sleepy Hollow EP Len Wiseman (also the pilot’s director).

In addition to her tragically ended stint on Chicago Fire (sniff!), German’s TV credits include Hawaii Five-0 and Memphis Beat.

1. Tran says:

She’ll always be Leslie Shay from Chicago Fire ever since her tragic demise in the Season Three opener.

2. Steven says:

Chicago Fire just hasn’t been the same without her. Shay was just such a fun character.

3. Luis says:

Luciter has abandoned hell and is helping the L.A.P.D. catch and punish criminals . . . I would think the Prince of Darkness would refuse to work with anyone less than The Closer

4. How soon can we start taking bets on how many episodes it’ll be until her character dies?

5. Dean says:

Its funny you think after reading a pilot synopsis for a show you think ‘No way I’m watching this’ and then they cast the one character of a show you liked as its lead. Funny how the world works.

6. Ciasto w piekarniku,do dodalam troche prawdziwej
    czekolady.

7. Weezy says:

Is it just me or does she look dangerously unhealthy in the picture above? I used to think Lauren was a very beautiful lady, but now she looks like an upper obsessed skeleton.

• Thomas says:

OMG, she looks awful, black circles under her eyes, plus under her eyes are red and doesn’t look like she is not wearing makeup. I could be wrong about the makeup, cuz I’m a dude and i don’t have any experience with putting the stuff on! But I found this site to address this. I hope she isn’t ill, but if I noticed it! Well!!

• Janelle says:

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed. She looks like she is sick in Lucifer. Around her eyes look strange.

8. HAP says:

Kapinos. Dawson’s Creek. Californication. Now this. Can’t pigeonhole the guy.

9. Roger Canada says:

I still miss Shaycago Fire :(

10. H50fannie says:

Too bad when she was on H50 her performance was not as good as she was on CF

11. Lauren says:

Yay!!! Happy she got another job. I’m still angry they killed her, one of the two female characters instead of the billion males, as well as one of the most interesting characters on the show.

12. One says:

Tom Kapinos’ ego will ruin this. How in the world can you take a comic book where Lucifer wants to create his own universe and think “You know what this could be? A cop show”

13. CatInTheHat says:

Leslie German killed off on CF – ridiculous move imho
    Tom Ellis’ Rush cancelled 1st season – ridiculous move imho

I will watch this just because of the 2 leads but have few hopes it will make it.

14. ? says:

I hate everything about what they’re doing to this really cool comic book series by making it a stupid police procedural, but I really like Lauren German. Hrrmm.

15. Cate says:

Can anyone please tell me the name of the actor who plays gray cooper in Lucifer ?

Many thanks