Supergirl Scoop: Jeremy Jordan to Play CatCo Tech Guru... and More?

Supergirl Jeremy Jordan Cast Winslow Schott

Smash alum Jeremy Jordan can put his newest role in the Winn column.

The multitalented actor has signed on to guest-star as Supergirls Winslow “Winn” Schott, a tech-savvy colleague of Kara’s, TVLine has learned.

RELATED CBS’ Supergirl Casts the Heroic Helen Slater and Dean Cain in Top-Secret Roles

Per CBS’ official character description, Winn is a “superstar IT whiz” who works alongside Kara (Glee‘s Melissa Benoist) at CatCo.

But those well-versed in DC Comics lore will recognize Jordan’s character’s name as an alias used by the villainous Toyman, who uses toy-inspired gadgets to wreak havoc and commit crimes.

RELATED Supergirl Is (Sorta) Casting Superman

Jordan is the latest addition to a cast that includes Supergirl‘s Helen Slater, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman‘s Dean Cain, Nashville‘s Laura Benanti, Grey’s Anatomy‘s Chyler Leigh, Homeland‘s David Harewood, Ally McBeal‘s Calista Flockhart and Desperate Housewives‘ Mehcad Brooks.

In addition to Smash, Jordan’s TV credits include Law & Order: SVU and Elementary. He’s also known for playing Jack Kelly in the Broadway production of Newsies.

1. Leah says:

Will there be singing on this show? Is it bad that I’m hoping for some?

• Wordsmith says:

Between Jordan, Melissa Benoist and Laura Benanti, they certainly have the talent pool at this point.
      Thinking back on the Grey’s musical episode, Chyler Leigh is a very capable singer too.
      It’s a terrible, terrible idea creatively, but a highly amusing one to ponder.

• Zack Quinti says:

They have already had the Flash sing, so why not Supergirl.

• Sally says:

He’d have been a good Jimmy Olsen…..but whatever, they cast someone else.

2. Espn? says:

Uhhh the cast also includes SUPERGIRL? Glee’s Melissa Benoist

3. Kelly Deeny says:

Another plus in the reasons-to-watch column!

4. Dean says:

So this is Toyman? I buy it, this picture alone he as the creepy stalker beady ‘I stare at you trough your window because I hold a torch for you’ eyes.

5. mtmslg says:

This seems a waste of his talent.

6. Peter says:

Is he predisposed to sing onto tv that flops?

7. Tran says:

Supergirl’s casting continues to grow and trending.

8. MattySi. says:

This show it turning out to have a fantastic cast. I’m looking forward to it more and more. Still iffy about Melissa’s casting though.

9. ninergrl6 says:

This is HUGE!!! I adore JJ & have seen him on stage several times. While I’ll miss hearing him sing (that’s what CDs & YouTube are for), I will watch this show 100%!

10. “who uses toy-inspired gadgets to wreak havoc and commit crimes.” like killing little children. I’d be honestly very surprised if they used that plot on many levels, but at the same time not too much since the show is taking a lot from the Superman comics and virtually nothing from the Supergirl ones.

• Wordsmith says:

Does Toyman do something different in the Supergirl comics? Not sure what point you are making.

• cdhaskell says:

Supergirl comics book created a crazy son of Toyman who was even nutter than the father. It will be interested to see if Toyman jr will make a comeback in June 2015 when DC Comics reboot the title again.

• The point is that this show is 99.9999999% a Superman show and 0.00000001% a Supergirl show.

• And Arrow is 95% a Batman show, it’s what makes it watchable.

• There was a comic book back in the 90’s in which Batman berates Green Arrow for stealing the Batcave, Batmobile, and even the teen sidekick ideas from him. And there was another during the Kevin Smith run in which he downright accuses him of not having any original ideas, heh.

11. cdhaskell says:

I can’t wait to see how Jeremy Jordan debut as Winlsow”Winn” Schott. I got a feeling that one episode will become a musical episode.

12. Fernanda says:

why he is not the new Jimmy Olsen?

13. Drew says:

Someone needs to arrange an all-singing panel at ComicCon for the stars of the DC TV universe.

14. Matty says:

This cast is fantastic… hopefully the show is too. I’m rather surprised Calista agreed to do this show; she’s been famously selective about projects. She even turned down Desperate Housewives.

15. Me says:

This may seem petty but I cannot see him as anything other than the obnoxious Jimmy in Smash..so I think I will pass!

16. Babygate says:

Man, way to ruin the show. I couldn’t stand him on Smash. He absolutely ruined that show for me. He was one-dimensional and had zero gravitas. Too bad, I was looking forward to Supergirl.

17. mc says:

I don’t know, I’ve forgiven him for what he did to/in Smash, so maybe it’s good to see him again on TV. And with this pool, I won’t be surprised if they start singing

18. Iakovos says:

SUPERGIRL is just getting better and better. And we have not seen a pilot yet. Please CBS, give this front-stage treatment and not give to The CW. And let;s hope it is well done in the writing!

19. Davey Elmer says:

I think people expecting his character to be a villain are going to end up being disappointed (at least for a while). Recent information about the character points to him being Kara’s “Felicity” and one of at least two confidants (the other being her sister Alex) for her as she starts her superheroine journey.

• cdhaskell says:

Winslow Schott don’t sound like he will be one from the comics book. In the comics book he is an elderly man who went crazy.It look like the series just took the name from the comics book and reboot him into a differ person. It don’t sound like he will become a future supervillain.