Glee Recap: Party Poopers

Glee Recap

There are truly no words to describe what went down on Friday’s Glee, but these two are a good start: Oy. Vey.

The New Directions were forced to perform at the bar mitzvah of a spoiled tween (who also happens to be the superintendent’s nephew) named Myron Muskovitz, a pint-sized nightmare dressed head-to-toe in gold, sequins and, of course, pure evil.

Despite a few bumps in the road — Myron pooped himself and had to borrow a pair of Kitty’s panties, for example — the bar mitzvah was a relative success, and the New Directions were glad to finally be rid of the tiny terror when all was said and done… so they were understandably irked when they learned that Myron’s uncle had strong-armed his middle school into letting him graduate early, thus making him New Directions’ latest gleek.

Glee Spencer AlistairTHE GAME | Meanwhile, Glee‘s new “post-modern gay teen” Spencer developed a crush on Roderick’s friend Alistair, but after discovering that his own flirting skills are less than stellar — he really is perfect on mute, though — Spencer asked “Hot Rod” to help him out. In exchange, Spencer volunteered to help Roderick master the ropes in gym class, but as expected, he ended being “the wrong kind of dick” and making it worse. It wasn’t until Myron got trapped in his faberge performance pod that Roderick was able to muster the strength to climb the auditorium ropes to save him; as Spencer explained, in a crisis, “even babies can lift cars.” As for Spencer, he didn’t just get the guy — he also sealed it with a kiss.

SIBLING RIVALRY | Mason and Madison updated their proverbial Facebook status to “it’s complicated” this week, as Mason’s budding crush on Jane threatened to destroy their already incestuous unstable relationship as siblings. But thanks to Mason’s (rather on-the-nose) performance of Queen’s “I Want to Break Free” at Myron’s bar mitzvah, his sister finally realized the error of her insane, controlling ways and gave him her blessing.

And now, it’s time to play the Rating Game…
Myron: “Lose My Breath” — Rating: C
Spencer: “Friday I’m in Love” — Rating: B
Mason: “I Want to Break Free” — Rating: C+
Jane, Spencer and Roderick: “Uptown Funk” — Rating: B-
Literally everybody, even Coach Bieste: “Break Free” — Rating: C
New Directions: “Cool Kids” — Rating: F

I’m afraid to ask, but… Glee fans, what did you think of this week’s episode? Are you happy for Spencer and Alistair? Jazzed about the glee clubs’ newest additions? Or are you going to try to pretend this whole episode was one big fever dream? (It is flu season, you know!) Drop a comment with your review of the episode below.

1. Timothy says:

To be honest, though I once wouldn’t have missed an episode of this show, I can hardly be bothered to scan the recap (though I did). Kudos to you Andy for suffering on our behalf through the wreck this show has become.

• Andy Swift says:

Thank you for your kudos. They’re all I have left to sustain me.

• dan says:

Yes, thank you. I enjoy the recaps. I love Glee and I’m trying to like this season, but … Oy Vey, I just don’t know if I can watch this one. But I have been warned.

• Tai says:

I must agree. I’ve been living off these recaps for three seasons now. Thank you Andy for taking the hits for me. It’s greatly appreciated!

• cc says:

Don’t let the above review of this episode, or of several of the posted comments I’ve read, stop you from watching what I though was one of the best episodes of Glee this season.
        It focused on the newbies and their talent and personal potential story arcs, and featured new dynamics against the original Glee cast. Becky is gone, and Sue is being controled and tortured by the new Glee kid, whose father she likes. Mr. Shuester delights in calling Sue SuziQ. All of the songs were interesting.

• lina says:

I don’t agree with the low ratings of the music at all. I thought the songs and singing was really good. I was smiling while watching most of this episode. True I could have done without the little kid. He was a bit much. But other than that great! These characters kick season 4 newbies ass except kitty. I like them. Kitty has great chemistry with them. Im a little sad we wont see them too much longer. The episode was fresh for me and it was nice to not have Blaine and Kurt stepping all over it. Glee could have kept it’s season 3 momentum I think if they would have given Mr shue this group of kids and said farewell to the graduates and left it like that. Occasional visits from the alumni are great. But this was as good as the season premier this season for me. The episodes in between were silly in a close to bad way. This was very very enjoyable and had the little bit of magic seasons 1 to 3 had for me. Much better! I didn’t even miss the old cast. for me that says a lot.

• Junior Gomes says:

I can’t agree more! The two previous seasons were crap with all that stuff about Kurt and Blaine suffering for each other for no reason. And I simply loved the new cast in this episode! Kitty fits in so well with this group. Spencer, Alistair and the Roderick are going to be a nice team. I mean, Spencer and Allie as valentines, and the Roderick a nice friend around! I can’t imagine how sad it’ll be when the season(and the show) is over! I wish they could have more two seasons with this new cast!

• Junior Gomes says:

I say the same! Don’t let these reviews downplay the greatness of this episode! This episode was simply fabulous! The way Spencer got interested in Alistair gave me more reasons to keep watching the show for two more seasons, at least! A totally fresh and beautiful romance! I was so mesmerized by the way they kissed in the choir room. <3

• arlielaurie68 says:

Ditto. I loved that last season the main group actually grew up, but when Murphy decided to make all of last season dissapear into this ridiculous mess of this one, I can’t even bear to watch this year. He ruined the dreams of every single character. If he was going to sink the ship, why didn’t he just end it last season??? Have watched 0 eps this year, reading your brave recaps is almost more than I can do. I miss the greatness this show once had…

• Junior Gomes says:

So, if you can, watch it! You’ll feel so happy to watch their performances like the way they used to do back in the old times! This episode deserves a major highlight for the beautiful and fresh romance between Spencer and Alistair. They’re cute! I miss the old times as well, and I felt so bored watching the two previous seasons, but this one has been bringing around the old feelings I used to have watching the two first seasons! It’s worth watching, no doubt!

• Sally says:

Things were looking up this season, and then THIS happened. So awful. Myron was shoehorned into the cast in the most far fetched idiotic manner.
      Spencers solo made me cringe, I dont know how it got a B. I actually didn’t mind the SOUND of Cool Kids.
      Spencer and Alistair was a nice surprise, but he basically forced the guy to kiss him. I dont know……it all just seemed forced and left a bad taste in my mouth. I wish the Myron bit never happened. I agree with the comment down below that they wasted a week to develop a character no one would even like.
      It was just wrong and I’m sad.

• The Beach says:

So now, on top of the rest of this ridiculous season, they have added a spoiled, obnoxious tween to the cast. Spencer is adorable (even though he can’t dance) and Roderick has a really great voice. Those are the only two positives I can give to this wreck of a once great show. I thought I could stick it out to the end for old time’s sake, but no. It’s just too horrible. Adios, Glee.

2. Tom says:

*Raises eyebrow* Glee did Friday I’m In Love? I’m impressed

3. CCFF says:

Worst episode of glee ever. Myron was annoying (seemed like little Blaine to me). Songs were dull. The Myron solo was very uncomfortable to watch. The Spencer finding a boyfriend storyline was forced and rushed. The best part of the episode was knowing that Chris Colfer got paid and didn’t have to participate in that train wreck

4. Tom says:

Goodness, I didn’t see this episode yet, but the performance grades are very harsh. :O

• Don’t bother. There have been quite a few episodes over the last few years that could qualify as Glee’s worst but I don’t think they could hold a candle to last night’s monstrosity of an episode. I’ve actually enjoyed about a third of the episodes this year; some even reminded me of why I used to love the show. However, last night was a reminder as to why I’ve grown to dislike it so much. They did every possible thing wrong, which is quite a feat. Sue went on one of her abusive, in-hall rampages, which generally ranges somewhere between mildly amusing and horrifying. She capped this rampage off by slapping a student; I found it repulsive.

The obnoxious featured guest-star of the week, the fey, awkward, auto-tuned monster of a stage kid not only monopolized one of the final episodes of the show(one that should have been spent on the original characters) but we now have to deal with this little twit for the remainder of the season, due to an implausible move by his superintendent uncle. I can’t imagine how excruciating the final few episodes will be with him in it.

They pretty much abandoned all of the original players to develop characters who have not been given enough screen time thus far for anyone to give two sh1ts. Roderick was bullied and belittled into climbing a rope but thanked his bullier, at episode’s end, for the abuse. They writers also tried to explain why the twins have been so unnaturally close but the 20 second heart-to-heart failed to explain anything and the twins have been, are and always will be creepy. The token black girl in the club, the one with the beautiful voice and some acting skills, was given token lines to read.

Sue and WIll Shuester compared penis size. Rachel mooned over Sam during a group performance. Mercedes might have been in the show but I can’t remember if she was. Coach Bieste was used as a minor plot device. Kitty displayed out-of-character kindness and then rolled her eyes.

And don’t get me started on the music.

• The Beach says:

^ What a perfect post !! +1000

• dan says:

Where was Kurt, honeymooning with Blaine? Too bad Mercedes wasn’t there, she wouldn’t have tolerated that snippy Bar Mitzvah boy. How old is the actor playing Alistair? 35 maybe? Who in the writer’s room thought Sue’s temper tantrum with the slap (in slow motion!) was a good idea? I can’t believe this is how TPTB wanted the last few episodes of this show to be remembered!

• Junior Gomes says:

I think they finally decided to remove gradually the old cast from the show, since they were getting annoying and depressive. Kurt and Blaine had been a major bummer throughout the two previous seasons. IMO, the new cast will make the show fresh and alive again. I did love the romance between Alistair and Spencer. Well, so to speak, this new cast has more power, and they are more in sync than the newbies in season 4.
        Now, as a recap, the best parts of this season with the old glee cast were exactly when Santana had some heart-to-heart chats with Kurt and some other members in the choir room letting them know how ridiculous they had been until that moment. This season is being continuously a major work! I, honestly, wish Glee could have one more season after this one!

• KC says:

That’s because they were terrible!

• Junior Gomes says:

Do watch it! It was awesome! It’s worth watching! Don’t let the low ratings decide your opinion! I loved it!

5. Victoria says:

I liked the development for the new kids; it’s nice getting to know them a bit more. But they could’ve developed them with something less obnoxious that a snotty kid’s party. That entire context made no sense to me. I missed Kurt and Blaine, too. Their reactions to bratty Myron would’ve been great. I’m sure they’re having a lovely honeymoon, though. ^_^ Generally I didn’t dislike the episode, but it seemed like an awful lot of filler to shove in here right near the end of the show.

6. Co says:

Wow this was one of the worst episodes ever and that’s saying a lot. This episode couldaybe have worked and that’s a big maybe if they did it earlier in the season. With only 5 episodes left of the final season they in my opinion wasted it by giving the whole episode to the new kids instead of the original cast. I don’t mind the new kids and they all sound good to a extent. This whole plot was so stupid and they songs weren’t performed the best especially the last song omg they sucked maybe I take back with what I said when I said they sounded good. I see where they are trying to take the storyline with the whole glee club build it up like in season 1 but maybe this would have worked better if it wasn’t a such a short season. I’m sorry I want to see the original cast more and we seem to see less and less of them.

• LilAngel says:

Except for Rachel, all the originals’ storylines are done. So we can spend one episode with the new kids. I hope the last 4 episodes will be Rachel only!

• Junior Gomes says:

I think so! All the original characters’ storylines are done! And the new kids are more interesting now. I’m done watching Kurt and Blaine too… I loved the heart-to-heart Santana had with Kurt in the episode she proposed Brit. That’s so worth watching and rewatching! hahaha

7. Bee says:

Thank you, Glee, for not taking the Parks and Recreations route of bowing out leaving fans wanting more. No, this horrific mess of an episode is allowing me to be more than OK with you leaving the air.

These kids are very much reminding me of what some high school glee clubs probably actually sound like in real life and are making it painfully obvious how talented the original group was.

8. Carmen says:

This was honestly the best episode of glee that i’ve seen in probably 2 seasons. The songs were great, the storylines were interesting. I love the new new kids and i wish we got more of them. They’re all so much more well rounded than the last batch of new kids. I also couldn’t help but notice that a major couple was missing from this weeks episode and it sort of had me thinking that maybe not having Klaine shoved down my throat for an entire episode REALLY helped things too. That being said, i’m sad Kurt missed a chance to wear blue sequence and sing some really good songs but i’ll take this episode over any other one this season so far and probably over the majority of season 5 episodes too.

• Bandslee Lee says:

“blue sequence”? Is that like Picasso’s Black and Blue period?

• David says:

I thought this episode was hilarious and I think Andy’s in a bad mood.

• jmahkai says:

I have to agree this was the best glee in a while. I love the new kids and I’m of the minority that likes and wants to see the current glee club progress more than watching the original members get forced into each episode. They graduated and moved away. Hanging around a high school this often isn’t healthy and can’t be academically sound strategy. No happy ending for the grown gleeks with straight F’s from missing and not properly studying for classes/working. Bringing in a middle schooler (this seasons sugar motta) is a stretch but awkward stretches is what this so is known for. Aswell makes for some great one liners. Watching the club members actually have personalities and develope is awesome and love to see growth. When Alister and Spencer kissed I marked more than for Klain or even Finchel. (Britney and santana have no equal J/S) I’d love to see more shows like this. Wish someone would pick it up for another season (Hulu, Netflix, somebody!)with this group of kids. So that they can really develope then when a original makes a appearence (rarely) it will actually mean something and feel special. P.s for those that say Spencer and Alister seemed rushed.. um duh. Lets not forget that kurt and blain wasn’t a season long thing either. More time but they had more time. I think it was done well. Loved this

• Daniel Davis says:

I agree that this whole homecoming season has a depressing air about it which feels entirely unintentional. The original plan, to have Finn come back and take over for Will and lead the New Directions, was a good one. Obviously, things had to be changed after Corey’s unfortunate overdose, but as usual, Glee has overdone things by bringing the entire cast back to Lima. It feels incredibly forced and kind of sad. For a show that is supposed to show us how dreams can come true (Don’t Stop Believin’, right?) it certainly seems like this is ending up the opposite.

Not saying anything bad about coming back to town and being a teacher. I’m going to be a teacher soon, possibly in my home town. But for the characters of this show, that was never what they wanted, so pulling them all back in is a let down.

I don’t agree with you about another network picking this show up. I’m glad it’s almost done. It has needed to be done since halfway through season 4. That season, in my opinion, showed enormous potential, but floundered due to the writers’ penchant for building up storylines for weeks only to abandon them, and then crashed and burned when the endgoal involving Finn and Rachel became impossible.After that, they didn’t know what to do with the show, and I don’t think they ever have been able to figure it out since.

• Daniel Davis says:

As a side note, the whole relationship dynamic of this show, in which everyone has to end up with someone else in the group, and most of them don’t seem to have any other friends, also makes this seem really weird and forced. Why can’t these guys expand their lives beyond high school? Sure, Finn and Rachel were meant to be together, and so were Kurt and Blaine. Maybe Santana and Brittany (though honestly, I liked Brittany with Sam). I guess Puck/Quinn is acceptable too because they have a child together. But that’s already 8 cast members ending up together. Most people don’t marry the people they date in high school. Most people don’t fail to make other friends. I’m all about staying close with your high school friends, but branching out is healthy too.

• Junior Gomes says:

This episode was simply the best over the past 3 seasons! Kurt and Blaine not being overly praised and sought gave me some fresh air! The cast is really nice and fits better than that of the 4th season. I can’t love this season more and feel more sorry for the show being almost over. I wish they could have one more season! Please!

• KC says:

What show did you watch? It was so cringeworthy! The singing and acting was so bad. As said above, compared to the originals, these kids have very little talent

9. MT says:

Glee is just painful to watch.

10. Kobe Busia says:

Excellent, just excellent. I just finished tonight’s Glee episode, and wow, I am blown away by how much I enjoyed this one. The new kids got some focus, it was primarily about them, we got some great background details on them, the conflicts/storylines were awesome. Spencer and Roderick’s interactions were awesome, and I can totally see these 2 as very good friends down the road, I’m glad we finally got some insight into Mason and Madison’s sibling relationship, and how Mason wants to be more independent, as well as how they didn’t just resort to making incest jokes about them. I had a feeling they were gonna make Mason and Jane a thing, especially after their duet from Jagged Little Tapestry, and they do have some chemistry building there, so kudos for that eh? Also Spencer, I’m glad he’s not portrayed as a stereotypical gay kid, he’s your cool guy who happens to be gay, not a gay guy who happens to be a quarterback. To add to that, Spencer getting a love-interest was kinda unnecessary but it worked and now he’s in the Glee Club, so that’s a good sign. I love how it was more about the new kids, and not about the old characters, can we get a spin-off revolving around them please? Lol, that’s probably not gonna happen, but it’d be cool if it did. Now we come to Myron and you know he’s talented and all, but he’s such a whiny, demanding male diva, and don’t throw hate at me for this, but the fact that he was singing Ariana Grande and Destiny’s Child made me wonder if he was gay (I’m not being homophobic, it’s just my own personal observations). The songs were fun and refreshing, I mean their cover of Cool Kids (yeah that’s right, they covered Cool Kids, deal with it), I wasn’t sure if I was gonna like it, but I did and it was fun to see. Also Uptown Funk was funky what I can say, Break Free by Ariana Grande was cool, and even the cover of Lose My Breath by Destiny’s Child, that was good but kinda awkward. Only thing I didn’t like was Sue Sylvester. Now I love Jane Lynch, but I’m REALLY starting to hate Sue, mainly because her whole, “Oh I’m gonna tear down the Glee Club schtick she’s had going on for 6 seasons by now is tired and repetitive. Other than that, solid episode, really fun and well-written, I hope Glee can keep this up till the final episode. For a final note, there was no Blaine, what a relief (no offense to Darren Criss fans, but it was nice not to have Blaine shoved down our throats). All in all, I give this episode an A, I would’ve given it an A+, but the whole Sue thing dragged it down, but an A is fine and a fair grade for it. Awesome job Glee writers.

• Junior Gomes says:

The comment so far! I totally agree with you! This episode put all the new characters into perspective! And the original characters, after some much time in the show, were not relevant to it. And finally Kurt didn appear crying over spilt milk and complaining about how sorry he is for leaving his current husband, Blaine.

• fiberlicious says:

Arianna Grande? That song is Queen classic!

• LilHoldin says:

Uh, they sang both “Break Free” by Ariana Grande ft Zedd, and “I Want to Break Free” by Queen. They were correct.

11. figgs says:

Well… at least Rachel cracked me up. And everyone’s reaction to Myron’s performance.

12. Tovah says:

Freaking pointless! They are down to their final 4 episodes and they focus on the newbies?! Really?!

13. Em says:

I looooooove glee but this one was reaaaaaaaally boring… We are almost at the end and they do this? Seriously?

14. Mimi says:

I hope it was s dream. It was awful. No Samchel and no real plot other than adding two new glee kids.

15. Sigh says:

It’s amazing how much this show has jumped the shark. Compare this episode to one of its best in the show’s prime, the first two to three seasons, and it’s tough to believe it’s the same show. Glee is a complete shell of what it used to be in writing and acting and the ratings reflect that. I get they wanted to give the newbies some time as they’ve gone literally entire episodes without them doing anything except being in the background, but a whole episode dedicated to them with just three of four episodes remaining? Couldn’t they have done all this earlier in the season? And Myron is now the worst character in the show’s history. Just ridiculous that he would join the glee club and be allowed in the high school and even know enough about the New Directions and want them at this phase of their existence. Sue has been completely ruined and is a cartoon and should be in jail, and isn’t it weird that Schuster comes back so seamlessly to McKinley when he was just at a rival school, trying to beat them? And was Kurt’s absence explained?

• Judi says:

Kurt is on his honeymoon

• Sigh says:

Oh yeah, I guess Kurt was on his honeymoon. How nice of Sue. It’s still ridiculous to me Sue is randomly a creepy Klaine shipper and Britt looked up to them and wanted them involved in their day and Santana allowed that.

16. Just a big waste of time SMDH

17. Dj says:

This was the first time I’ve watched Glee in almost 2 years and wow it was pretty bad.

18. Goodbyenoway says:

The only reason to watch is the smoking hot Spencer. The other characters are ugly and forgettable. What a waste of a final season.

19. Goodbyenoway says:

Any episode without Darren Criss is worth watching. The show died the minute Ryan Murphy became obsessed with him.
    The gayest character among the newbies is Mason and now they’re making him straight? No one could possibly buy that.

• Joe says:

Blee sucks

• Angel says:

Well, Blee had ratings they can only dream about today. *lol*

The episode was okay. But we don’t have much time left and I’d prefer to focus on the futures von those characters I actually care about. Like Kurt and Blaine and Mercedes and not only Rachel.

• LilHoldin says:

He was obviously not straight when he was giving Jane moony-eyes during their duet. Why does everyone think that male cheerleaders are automatically gay? I never read him as gay.

20. Bandslee Lee says:

With four/five episodes left to the series, this is what they expect us to enjoy? Terrible. Just terrible.

21. Heather says:

I liked “Cool Kids”! Fav part of the episode!

22. Hmm says:

Does Roderick know any other insults besides calling someone a dick? And I thought for sure the guy twin is gay.

23. kim says:

Well, Ryan likes to think that the choir room was the heart of Glee, maybe he should rethink that and realize that the chemistry of the original cast was actually the heart of Glee.

24. Jenn says:

Disaster and a half. I miss Season 1.

25. John K. says:

I like that they did an episode all about the new kids, but it is pointless since this is the final season. I wish they just went full-on “Expose” from Lost and treated the newbies like Nikki and Paolo, as one big meta commentary about how poorly this show treats any new additions to the glee club except Sam and Blaine. Remember Sugar? And Joe and Rory? And Lauren? And, of course, Marley/Jake/Ryder. Instead, the show tried to give them real storylines which we all know won’t matter again in the last four episodes.

26. brandydanforth81 says:

I Wanna Break Free & Cool Kds were good.Liked the Mason/Madison scenes.Will jumping on Sue was hilarious.Hate Myron,please tell me he’s not really gonna be around for these last few episodes.Roderick,Mason/Madison are the only newbies I like.zgood to see Kitty again.Im so tired of Sue vendetta against Sue & Glee Club.

27. martim says:

I found it very entertaining, definitely one of my favourites from this season. Finally more action between the newbies, they deserve a 22 episodes season. Also the music was quite entertaining and the last group number reminded me of the good old days.

• kim says:

They are lucky they got 13 episodes, you do know that this was the lowest rated scripted show to get renewed this past season. They reduced the episode count and stuck it on Friday nights just to burn if off and not to tick of Ryan Murphy.

28. Joe says:

Filler. Nothing of note happen. It could have had some relevance if Rachel actually got to help kids in the club but they set it up and then nothing. The other stories were set up and completed in a blink of an eye. The acting from Spencer, Allistar and Roderick was flat.

29. Babygate says:

Wow. It sounds like the kind of episode you’d hate yourself for watching. I hear that the entire cast will be back for the final two episodes so I may tune in for those, otherwise, so glad I’m not wasting my time on this mess anymore. Shame though, there was a time when Glee brought a lot of joy to millions of fans…

30. Johanna says:

I thought I would never sleep during an episode of Glee.

31. Diz says:

Stupid. That is all.

32. Tim says:

Maybe the worst episode in Glee history?

33. Chris says:

I didn’t hate the epodise, but with only a few weeks left I expected more :( Honestly I don’t need to know the new kids, I do like them but I don’t care to see storylines (they should focus on training them for sectionals only). I’d rather see the characters I’ve loved for six years. I loved Break Free, Uptown Funk and Cool Kids. This Myron guy is awfully annoying, if he’s there then fine but please no storyline for him…leave him to sway in the background.

34. Pace says:

Someone please make it stop. At this point I don’t know if I can make it to the finale…….this was truly a painful episode to watch.

35. Lou says:

Perhaps the worst Glee episode ever. Broderick is the only one of the new students I care for. The others are awful. At least I cared about the first new batch a few seasons ago. Why didn’t they bring them back. Going back to Lima for final season was a terrible decision by Ryan Murphy. It all seems forced. At least NYC last season was realistic. Should have kept show there.

36. Maurice says:

I can say after just now watching this episode, it was funny. Not the greatest, but just funny. I won’t go into details about certain parts of this episode as so many have done before me, but I could not stop laughing and smiling. And as far as this episode being dedicated to the new new kids, it makes sense. You already know that many of the original cast will be a part of the series finale and maybe even before that (if you follow each of them on social media like I do) so it really isn’t at all necessary to gripe about the direction of this episode. It made sense. It was right. And it was funny. And the songs…. I have pretty much all the soundtracks and EPs and will gladly add this to my collection.

Spoiler alert: Dalton Academy (The Warblers) fusion with McKinley High (New Directions), that should be an emotional episode. Plus original songs too (maybe next week or the following week). But I’m already ready for next week’s episode.

37. JDH says:

Glee isn’t bad. It’s fans on the other hand… For the last 5 years, all people have been doing is complaining. When they split it between Ohio & New York everybody complained about either New York being boring, or Ohio being boring. Then Finn passed away, & fans complained about Glee trying to do happy episodes. Then when they moved it to New York, fans complained still & if anything ratings fell even further. The show Glee is about the “Glee Club”… Now fans are complaining, because for the first time in 9 episodes, we actually spent time with the kids we’re supposed to be cheering for? “Season 2 was terrible”, “Season 3 was depressing.”, “I miss Season 1 & 2.”, “I miss Marley & Jake.”, “I hate Marley & Jake.”, “Season 4 sucked.”, “Less New York!”, “More New York!”, “More Newbies!”, “Less Newbies!”, “Where are the Originals?”

Glee fans make Sue & Will’s personalities seem far more realistic. Glee doesn’t make me ashamed to be a fan. It’s fans like this…

• Matt says:

Amen. My thoughts exactly!

• chattykat11 says:

I agree with you about the restless fans. Everyone has been complaining about something for what seems like forever. Yes, the show is weak, but it’s a guilty pleasure so it’s fun to watch. The songs are one of the main reasons why I have watched since 2009. Tonight’s songs were okay. Can’t get out “Cool Kids” from my head. Now that there are only a few episodes left, I am very curious to how it will end. Also curious about the songs.

• Rafael says:

Marley, Jake and Ryder aren’t gone yet, these three will return in the series finale. Joe is coming back next two weeks!

38. adam says:

I actually liked the episode. But then again i feel like i’m watching Glee on autopilot so maybe i’m wrong and i actually hated the episode. I don’t know anymore.

39. Daniel Davis says:

When I saw the synopsis for this show, I thought it was going to be a big waste of time, considering how close we are to the end. And, technically, it kind of was. Nevertheless, I kind of enjoyed it.

Yes, it’s way too late to try and develop the New New Directions, but I guess I’d rather them have one episode of development than none. The fact that they have been standing around like background cardboard characters throughout the season has felt even more unnecessary than this episode. I’m probably in the minority, but I thought this was a minor improvement. Too bad we didn’t have an episode like this earlier in the season. Maybe we could have spent more time on that and less on the stupidly contrived Blurt will they or won’t they, since we all knew 100% that they would.

40. Ronnie says:

This episode represents what is good and bad about Glee. Focusing on the newbies because it is at the core about the club was a good idea but the execution was uneven. The musical numbers were entertaining but what wa bad was bringing in a character so over the top and eventually proven to be so awful that it spoils the rooting interest you have in the other new characters introduced. If they stayed with the tone and balance they’ve brought to the first 3 episodes and the last two and stop going off the rails, maybe it will end on a satisfactory note.

41. Basil says:

I loved this episode and so far season 6 is good and the music numbers are mostly excellent.
    they are tying up all the loose ends from previous seasons.

42. DexterMorgan says:

I actually liked this episode and this season. I prefer this group of new New Directions over the other new cast, and it was nice to see more of them. But I really hated last week’s episode (so tired of all the marriage crap on the show), so my bar for this week was quite low.

I really did not care for the New York setting. Every single cast member annoyed me in that setting.

43. H says:

Break Free is one of my favorite song and it’s the first time IMO the performance for that song was really bad and dull.

44. KS says:

Strong contender for worst episode yet. And at this point, that’s really saying something.

45. Herrocky says:

My question to the producers of the show is why now? Why all of a sudden do they decided to focus on what’s happening with the new kids? To be honest I really liked them and I would like to know them better if we weren’t in the LAST season with only like a 3/4 episodes left. Glee is supposed to be about the original glee kids and them only. Like I said, even though I like this episode, it’s pointless. They are just gathering a lot of things and crammed it all in one episode.

This is just my opinion, but I think if Murphy really wanted to create some sort of an exposure about the new kids instead of making it as if he just wanted to add something to their presence on the show other than being background seat fillers, he could have at least extended the show for at least one more season that focusses solely on the new kids or make a spin off based on Glee about the new kids.

Why? Because I think these new kids are more interesting than the season 4 new kids (Actually I don’t know how the story goes on season 4 because it’s a massive train wreck so I skipped some episodes of that season). Roderick was dealing with weight issues which would be realistic if the acting was a little better. The sentimental moment between the twins were sweet and heartwarming but it’s the last season so pointless. I love, like totally love the Spencer-Alistair (Spalistair?) bit cause’ to me it shows that the LGBT romance were not limited to characters who were flamboyant and cheerleaders (I know there’s the deal with Karofsky but it was a ‘bully falls for victim’ story cliche, it was predictable) The Spencer-Alistair was actually real and it’s believable. There should be more of Jane other than including her into the twin’s moments. Now, Myron- a big HECK NO! if this was real, the chances of a 13 year old to join a high school show choir are unlikely but I liked his character, it’s and of course it’s hard to not like Kitty even back in season 4.

I feel like I’m rambling so long story short, I like the new kids but the show ain’t got no time for their share of the story.

46. Herrocky says:

My question to the producers of the show is why now? Why all of a sudden do they decided to focus on what’s happening with the new kids? To be honest I really liked them and I would like to know them better if we weren’t in the LAST season with only like less than 5 episodes left. Glee is supposed to be about the original glee kids and them only. Like I said, even though I like this episode, it’s pointless. They are just gathering a lot of things and crammed it all in one episode.

I don’t think they should drop the season 4 new kids just like that, but I’m glad they did

47. Network says:

There sure are a lot of people who waste their lives watching things they don’t like. I can’t even begin to fathom spending time doing things I don’t enjoy.

48. Rafael says:

This is the first time I ever see Beiste singing, which is also good.

There was too much yelling and screaming in this episode, Myron most of time and Madison once in the cafeteria.

The rating of this episode was TV-14-L, but it should be TV-14-LV because of two violent scenes:

1.) Sue attacked Will during a rehearsal.
    2.) Myron kicked Sue’s left knee at the end.

We need only one Madison solo because we already seeing Mason’s single strong solo lately.

Spencer is another lesbian?

That “Break Free’ performance by Ariana Grande was spectacular.

Now how are they going to officially terminate Sue’s character in the end?

After Sue gets officially terminated, we have to be careful and make sure that we don’t mentioned too much of Sue’s stuff to Sue’s new replacement and to the future publicity as strictly ordered.

I’m looking forward onto the new two episodes.

49. dsrbroadway says:

A little harsh on the performance grades, no? I actually thought Mason’s I Want to Break Free was pretty great. Though I do agree on the New Kids F grade. Why is it whenever they end the show with a production number the last two seasons, especially with New Directions 2.0 and 3.0, it’s just a three-minute slog to get to the next episode preview.