Pilot News: Phylicia Rashad to Lead CBS' For Justice Drama

Phylicia Rashad For Justice CBS Drama Pilot

Cosby mom Phylicia Rashad might soon have a new TV brood: She has signed on to play gay FBI agent Georgina Howe in the drama pilot For Justice.

Georgina is an oft-discriminated-against Washington, D.C. power player whose responsibility to her work — in the criminal section of the Department of Civil Rights Division — often clashes with her obligations to her radical family.

RELATED Pilot Season ’15: Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows, Who’s In Them

For Justice is penned by Law & Order vet Rene Balcer and counts Robert DeNiro and novelist James Patterson among its executive producers. Selma director Ava DuVernay, also an EP, will direct the pilot.

In addition to playing The Cosby Show‘s Clair Huxtable, Rashad’s TV credits include PsychDo No Harm and Steel Magnolias.

1. Joey says:

Sounds great. I’m pumped for it.

2. That pedigree is absolutely amazing. Rene Balcer, Robert DeNiro, & Ava DuVernay. Wow.

3. I wonder if she will have to hunt down a former television star that raped over 30 people?

• Lucifer says:

I love how the number of Cosby accusers always fluctuates from 20-50. 30 seems to be the one most people settle on though, despite every report saying it’s about 20.

• Dude says:

You’re so right Lucifer. 20 is a much more reasonable amount of women to drug and rape.

• Lucifer says:

Did I say anything in defense of rape? No. I was simply pointing out the number continues to rise and fall because nobody seems to even want to keep track of who has come forward.

• Lucifer says:

It’s almost like people don’t even care about the women who have come forward and just want to sensationalize it even more by inflating the number of accusers.

4. Tony Lang says:

Hope they make an episode where she pursues an iconic family-oriented entertainer who turned out to be a sexual predator.

5. lechatnoir says:

When i saw her picture, I thought in Spanish ” Phylicia a muerto” I got scared. You never from Mrs Rashad on TV line. I am happy she leading a show.

6. herman1959 says:

This could be awesome; please don’t dismiss it because of something she had no part in.

7. El says:

I won’t be watching, sorry. It’s one thing to defend a friend, and quite another to take an extra step and smear the alleged victims. Dealbreaker in my books, but YMMV, of course.

8. movies says:

Very interesting information!Perfect just
    what I was looking for!

I was looking at some of your content on this site and I think this website is rattling instructive!
    Keep putting up.

9. He is qualified and right here he is talking about star
    plus serials online. He is exceptional in this field and always give expert reviews.
    For more information remember to take a look at his web site.
    Indian Dramas online

10. He is qualified and right here he is talking about star plus serials
    online. He is exceptional in this field and always give expert reviews.
    For more information remember to take a look at
    his web site. Sony TV Dramas online

11. He is qualified and right here he is talking about star plus serials online.
    He is exceptional in this field and always give expert reviews.
    For more information remember to take a look at his web site.
    Indian Dramas online

12. Zee TV Drama says:

At this time it sounds like Drupal is the preferred blogging platform available right now.

(from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

13. I was recommended this website through my cousin. I’m no
    longer sure whether this publish is written by him as no one else
    understand such precise about my trouble. You’re incredible!
    Thanks!