Exclusive

Castle Casts 24 Vet Reiko Aylesworth, Housewives' Ricardo Chavira

Castle Aylesworth Chavira

Out goes Renee Walker, in comes Michelle Dessler.

TVLine has confirmed that on the heels of Annie Wersching’s Castle encore, fellow 24 alum Reiko Aylesworth will guest-star on the ABC drama.

What’s more, Desperate Housewives vet Ricardo Chavira has a key role in the same episode; the actor revealed the castings with this photo on Twitter:

TVLine has learned exclusively that Chavira will play Alex Lopez, a popular congressman whose life may in danger, while Aylesworth is playing his astute wife, Mia.

They both appear in Episode 18, when Detective Ryan — who it was established has been working side jobs — pulls some hours at his brother-in-law Frank’s private security company, which has been charged with protective Congressman Lopez.

UPDATE: David Conrad (Ghost Whisperer) guest-stars as Frank, while Heather Mazur (Awkward, Pretty Little Liars) plays Ryan’s sister/Frank’s wife Gwen.

Teasing the Ryan-centric episode, showrunner David Amann told TVLine, “He gets involved in a situation where [he and Frank] are guarding somebody important and an incident occurs, and he is caught in the middle of it.”

Since her three-season run on 24, Aylesworth has appeared on such series as ER, Damages, Lost, Hawaii Five-0 and Revolution. Chavira’s post-Housewives credits include Burn Notice, Welcome to the Family and Bad Teacher.

Castle resumes its season, with Episode 17, on March 16.

1. Tran says:

How many 24 alums were on Castle now that they’re adding Reiko Aylesworth into the mix? I know that Penny Johnson Jerald aka Sherry Palmer is still a regular on the show.

• Charlie from Revolution STINKS says:

Um, also for those of us who were One Life to Live fans, we remember that both Nathan and Reiko were both on back in the day.

• l marzen says:

Don’t forget Beckett, Stana Katic appeared in 3 consecutive episodes of 24, but I can’t remember her character name. And Annie Wersching was Jack Bauer’s FBI girlfriend who was killed in last full season of 24!

2. aurat22 says:

David Conrad is in this episode too? Loved him in Ghost Whisperer!

3. Harry_Wild says:

I thought the last episode would be higher in rating but it still stuck at 1.6 share! I watch it now mostly on line at ABC.com. I have to wait a week and day to see it. I still am a Castle fanatic; but the extreme plot twist in seasons 6 and 7 left me to watch TNT episodes where Castle and Beckett are united and I thought that the latest episode where Castle is now back with Beckett in the squad would have higher ratings like the good days even against the Blacklist where Castle held it own at around 2.3-2.8 share!

I going to give it a couple more episodes to see if old viewers like me come back to watch it live! I will try to watch live too; just to help the cause!

• I can’t wait for the next episode…..In the meantime I watch all of the old episodes including season seven on TV-SERIES.NET,ON DEMAND,YOUTUBE and off course channel seven the New York area.

4. Just one thing says:

That sounds like a nice Ryan-centric episode. Too bad it doesn’t look like we will get another for either Lanie or Gates before the season ends. Or at least it doesn’t seem like they will, if the usual end-of-season pattern holds.

5. Simone says:

Wait, DAVID CONRAD too!! That’s awesome! :D

6. lame says:

Why are the Ryan centric episodes pretty good and the Esposito episodes weak. That subway bomber episode could have used Will Beall’s ability to heighten the tension.

7. E Cruz says:

Looking forward to my favorite showing continuing their great show.

8. E Cruz says:

Can’t wait for my favorite show to continue.