Ratings: Parks Pops With Finale, Agent Carter Dips, NCIS Slips, POI Ticks Up

Parks Recreation Series Finale Ratings

NBC’s Parks and Recreation wrapped its run on Tuesday night with 4.2 million total viewers and a 1.6 demo rating (per finals), surging 50 and 33 percent week-to-week as well as up sharply from its previous finale (2.7 mil/1.0).

In total audience, Parks commanded its largest crowd since January 2012. TVLine readers gave the finale an average grade of a very high “A.”

Opening the Peacock’s night, The Voice (14.1 mil/3.9) slipped two tenths from its Monday premiere but was up two tenths from Season 7’s Tuesday launch.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Facing stiffer competition with The Voice now in the mix, Fresh off the Boat (5.8 mil/1.8) dropped a few eyeballs and a tenth in the demo; Repeat After Me (3.9 mil/1.3) dipped. Agent Carter‘s finale (4 mil/1.3) dipped in audience plus a tenth in the demo, tying its series low. (That said, ABC notes that Agent Carter improved upon last winter’s S.H.I.E.L.D. hiatus programming by 43 and 25 percent.) Forever (4.7 mil/1.0) was flat.

FOX | MasterChef Junior’s season finale (4.8 mil/1.6) slipped 13 percent and two tenths, while New Girl (2.9 mil/1.3) ticked down and Mindy (2.3 mil/1.1) was flat.

CBS | NCIS (17.4 mil/2.3) dipped 4 percent and three tenths, New Orleans (13.7 mil/1.9) ticked down a tenth in the demo, and Person of Interest (9.6 mil/1.7) inched up 4 percent and a tenth.

1. Joe says:

Fresh off the boat didn’t bomb against The Voice , that’s great to hear

2. Katie says:

Agent Carter is so amazing, and the finale was excellent- it deserves much better ratings than it’s gotten, and definitely a second mini-season. Renew Agent Carter, please!

3. Tran says:

If Agent Carter gets renewed, why not return in mid-season 2016.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It just might!

• Alex says:

I really enjoyed Agent Carter as the drop in for AOS, to avoid repeats during the break.

• Christina says:

Definitely a perfect way to fill the gap. I’d love another mini-season!

• prish says:

Tell them to get rid of the two fade-out villains, the first episode. I got tired of the whacking blond and the speaking power psychologist, at the end. The last episode was great, though. Having the psychologist help the suffering at the beginning of his arc, then having him talk about how war changes people, meaning himself changing from the helping to the destroying, worked. However, the profound and expertly written point has been made and digested by the viewing public. We need Carter to move onto others.

4. Ames says:

I hope TMP is renewed…I can’t imagine her and her crazy wit not on my TV anymore…also her and Danny are amazing. I am so glad they have managed to maintain the quality level on this show even though the two of them are together now… MORE MINDY PLEASE!!

5. bj says:

I love Agent carter. I definitely hope it comes back.

6. me2 says:

Yeah POI! Best show on tv!

7. topoopon says:

More Peggy Carter, Maybe start to include some Golden Age heroes.

8. Dave says:

2 things
    1) If the people who have watched parks and rec finale would have followed the series everyweek, maybe there would have been a lot of other seasons (respect a show you’re fan of)
    2) Agent Carter needs to go to Netflix

• Amy says:

Shocking as this sounds, not everyone has Netflix. However, it was a perfect addition for the AOS split between Fall/Spring season.

• Dave says:

I know, but it’s better than have your show canceled, don’t you think?

• Znachki says:

One thing that works in its favor is that both Marvel and ABC are owned by Disney. So all of the residual and ancillary money stays in house. Makes it easier to get renewed.

9. Amy says:

I really like the short Agent Carter. It gave us a lot and we didn’t have any filler episodes. I really hope we get a 2nd season!

10. kmw says:

Good for Parks an Rec. I just wish NBC wouldn’t have pushed their last episodes into two months. All things considered for FOTB pretty good seeing what is going up against. The two CBS lead ins for POI drop and it rises, pretty good for them as well. FOX ,even with Masterchef, couldn’t get them a good night. At least they have tonight

11. liame says:

I really enjoyed POI last night, I stopped watching when Carter was killed. My girl Annie Ilonez was starring so I couldn’t resist. I hope they bring her back.

• Chase says:

when carter died ? do you know how amazing the writing got after ? Between The Samaritan Arch and the Brotherhood Arch this show fires on all cylinders