Pilot Scoop: Wesley Snipes Joins NBC's Endgame Thriller

Wesley Snipes Endgame Pilot

Wesley Snipes is poised to tackle his first series regular TV role in 25 years, having boarded the NBC thriller pilot Endgame.

Penned by Leverage‘s John Rogers and from the producers of The Blacklist, Endgame is set in the high stakes world of Las Vegas, where a former sniper turned security expert (played by Strike Back‘s Philip Winchester) is drawn into a mysterious conspiracy that forces him to complete a series of heroic challenges in order to save innocent lives.

Snipes will play Johnson, the unflappable “pit boss” of The Game aka the odyssey Winchester’s character is wrapped up in, TVLine has learned. Johnson is described as highly intelligent, analytical and mysterious, someone who keeps an eye on the big picture but is also capable of cleaning up a mess when things spiral too far out of control.

Fun fact: Snipes was thisclose to playing Empire‘s Lucious Lyon, until Taraji P. Henson threw her support behind Hustle & Flow costar Terrance Howard.

In addition to his lead role on the one-and-done 1990 ABC cop drama H.E.L.P., Snipes’ TV credits include episodes of Miami Vice, Bernie Mac and The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd. His film resume meanwhile includes The Expendables 3, the Blade trilogy, White Men Can’t Jump and Jungle Fever.

1. Tran says:

Didn’t know that Wesley Snipes appeared on a TV series back then and was short lived but I think his new TV role should work after he’s done a number of movies back in the ’90s. Hope Endgame gets picked up as a series for NBC.

2. greg says:

I’m glad to see Snipes getting a chance, very good action star and good actor, very impressed with his doing his own stunts, hope he can get his own series, i think he got a raw deal, they did not put Nick Cage in jail for tax evasion, they let him work , why could’nt they do that with Snipes??

3. Dude says:

Awesome! I really like Wesley but I don’t think he’d have done what Terrance does with Lucious.

• Carlito says:

I beg to differ, the role of Lucious is exactly the character that has always fit Wesley!

• Amanda says:

Yea, but I don’t think his chemistry with Cookie would go as well. She works better with Terrance….but Wesley couldv’e done ok with it.

• Mer says:

I am thrilled to see Wesley in this new show. But I agree, Terrance already had great chemistry with Taraji since “Hustle and Flow.” I think they cast wisely, not to say Wesley wouldn’t do a good job.

4. Dean says:

Didn’t he go to jail? Not sure casting someone with criminal offences is the smart decision? I mean look at the show Bill Cosby was suppose to star in that ended before it began.

5. Pati says:

I didn’t know Phillip Winchester had already lined up something after Dtrike back. Love him and love Strike Back so mad it’s ending. I hope this gets picked up it doesn’t sound bad

6. Lizo says:

Oh awesome!! I’ve always hoped he would have settled that tax thing earlier, think of all the movies we’ve *not* gotten to see from him. Delighted he’s coming to TV.

7. TVNerd says:

This might pair with Blacklist nicely…sounds like Las Vegas meets Blacklist with a bit of CBS procedural element

• Tran says:

Couldn’t agree more. What if NBC is going to placed Endgame in the 10 p.m. Thursday night time slot next season after Blacklist if the series gets picked up?

• TVNerd says:

Yeah and I’m guessing Blindspot gets post Voice launch Mondays at 10/9C and Chicago Med will be sandwiched between Voice results show and Chicago Fire on Tuesdays at 9/8C.

8. There’s only one Wesley Snipes.

9. David4 says:

I thought he was in jail for tax fraud.

10. Carlito says:

How can Henson have that much power over the director’s choice. The Director could have asked Regina Hall to play Henson’s role and kept Wesley! I believe Wesley fits the character much better than Howard………………..

11. anne says:

Looking forward to seeing Wesley snipes on tv again.He is a great actor.hope it becomes a series.He would have been great on empire.

12. annie says:

I am glad to see Wesley back on the screen. Good. Luck Wesley and I hope u r in more pics

13. storey lawrence says:

There’s been a definite void in tv and movies without the uniqre artistic realism that seasoned veteran no nonsense WESLEY SNIPES brings to each role he plays.My friends, my family and I all love him and will continue to watch and support him in these quality ventures. Congratulations to those responsible for having the insight and good sense to showcase such a remarkable talent

14. Juliet Sandford says:

Had the privilege of meeting Wesley at Chaz n’ Wilson’s on 79th and a b’day party for his mom.
    Such a nice guy and a great actor. I like all his films.