Pilot News: Scott Michael Foster, Degrassi Grad Among Latest Castings

Pilot Castings 2015

Scott Michael Foster (Chasing Life), Stacey Farber (Degrassi) and Morris Chestnut (Legends) are among the latest actors to book pilots this winter.

Per our sister site Deadline

* Foster, who also recently wrapped an arc on Once Upon a Time, will play an entitled rich kid named Wick in the ABC drama Boom, which documents how the largest oil discovery in U.S. history triggers an economic explosion in North Dakota.

* Farber will star in the NBC comedy Take It From Us, in which a present-day husband and wife give relationship advice to their son, based on their experiences growing up in the 1990s. Farber will play the wife, Alyson, who came from a prominent family and ached to “change her life in a big way.”

* Chestnut will lead Todd Harthan’s untitled Fox procedural, formerly known as Rosewood, playing a charismatic pathologist “who can read living and dead bodies like a book.”

* Dave Foley (Hot in Cleveland) has joined Ken Jeong’s ABC comedy Dr. Ken, playing the head of the hospital where Jeong’s character works as a frustrated HMO doctor.

Your thoughts on these new castings? Drop ’em in the comments section below.

1. Christy says:

Yay!!! So happy for her, I’ve missed her on my TV! She’s such a sweetheart, I hope it does well!

And I’ll DVR anything Scott Foster is in, so yay for that too!

2. jen says:

what does scott michael foster new show mean for his role on chasing life? will he be doing both shows? he is the whole reason why chasing life is as awesome as it is.

• Lauren says:

I don’t think he’s the sole reason, I looooove Italia Ricci and April, but I’ll really miss him if he leaves the show, I hope he can do both. I don’t want April back with Dom. Who breaks up with someone right before chemo?!

• Right? I never hoped a pilot would fail so much T.T
      I mean… I need him in Chasing.

• Hannah says:

ABC family shows tend to have a different filming scheduling that ABC shows. It might be able to work. Especially since they’re both part of ABC entertainment, which makes it easier to work together.

3. A-C says:

What does this mean for Stacey Farber’s role on Saving Hope? She can probably do both, like Daniel Gillies was doing both Saving Hope and The Originals.

• Sarah says:

This has me kind of concerned as well… I hope she can do both like Gillies! They’re both great and I would then have 3 wonderful shows to watch :)

• Ally Oop says:

Gillies has stated in a recent interview that being on both shows has really burnt him out. As both The Originals and Saving Hope are full season shows (18+ episodes each) something had to give. I can’t tell you anymore for fear of spoiling it for people and please no one else spill the beans here.

4. Ian says:

Yeah, I need Scott to still be doing Chasing Life.

Neither Boom, or his role on it as a spoiled rich kid, sounds like much of a trade up for him than staying on Chasing Life.

5. Sue says:

OMG that’s what Scott Michael Foster looks like with a shave and a haircut? I can’t believe that’s the same guy I used to watch on Greek. Wow!

6. Joey Padron says:

Happy for Scott & Stacy booking new show pilots! Both great actors.

7. Ally Oop says:

I wonder if Stacey Farber is staying on Saving Hope as she plays an interesting character. As for Boom, it has by far one of my favourite premises of this pilot season and the addition of Foster makes it even better.

8. MoshiMoshi says:

Ellie!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. I hope he doesn’t leave Chasing Life. I love that show!!!!

10. Scott Michael Foster currently stars on ABC Family’s Chasing Life. His character had a brain tumor

11. Podsto says:

Another procedural drama? Who would have guessed, and on Fox no less!

12. Chuck Gorman says:

Will Farber still be part of Saving Hope?