Elizabeth Mitchell, Goran Visnjic Join Crossing Lines Season 3

Crossing Lines Season 3 Cast Elizabeth Mitchell Goran Visnjic

Crossing Lines‘ new leads have a rather impressive TV-drama pedigree:  Lost‘s Elizabeth Mitchell and ER‘s Goran Visnjic will take over as series leads in the crime drama’s Season 3, our sister site Deadline reports.

In addition, Frank Spotnitz (The X-Files) has signed on as an executive producer of the drama, which follows European law-enforcement officers as they deal with international crime in the European Union.

RELATED 2015 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Mitchell and Visnjic will play new team members Carine Strand and Marco Corazza, respectively. They join returning cast members Donald Sutherland, Lara Rossi and Tom Wlaschiha; Stuart Martin (Babylon) and Naomi Battrick (Waterloo Road) also will make their debut as series regulars in the new season.

But will the latest installments of the series — which films in Europe and is financed, in part, by European producers — be available to American audiences? That one’s a little tougher to answer.

RELATED Extant Season 2: Who’s In? Who’s Out?

In the United States, NBC aired Crossing Lines‘ first season but chose not to continue with the series — then led by William Fichtner (Invasion) — past that. Netflix then streamed the drama’s second season in the United States; a rep for Netflix could not confirm that Season 3 of the drama will be available in the U.S.

Crossing Lines‘ third season takes place six months after the events of the Season 2 finale, with Sutherland’s character bringing together the team after a top prosecutor vanishes.

1. GuessWhat says:

never even heard of this show. like them both though.

2. Amanda says:

So no more Eva or Tommy? That’s really disappointing. Eva was the best character part of the show, so now there’s really nothing to keep me watching. Part of it’s charm was the unknown cast members. It would survive without Louis and Anne Marine, but Eva and Tommy were the heart of the show. I was planning to complain about it not being available here, but now I don’t even care.

• Fyrkat says:

Awesome news, but have to say I hated the character Eva. I will miss Tommy though.

• Amanda says:

Really? She and Tommy kept the show from becoming “another procedural” for me. They both had this subtle charm, I’m sad to see both of them go.

• felicia says:

I agree !!! I don’t even want to watch this anymore. I was so excited for season 3 and I started episode 1 and no tommy or Eva? No thanks !

• bernierlise says:

Not only is there no more Tommy and Eva, but at the end of season 2, we do not even know what happened to them. Is Eva dead or not? VERY disappointing for those who have followed the series.

• monika says:

So no Tommy, Eva or Louis… so i´m out. Really after everything they will kill Eva like they did with Anne Marie… Louis was my fav and the way he died was so stupid!!

• Anne OBrien says:

Give it a shot. Goran Visnijc (sp?) joined ER after everyone said no one could replace George Clooney and I thought he was much better and more likeable. I hate to see favorites leave, but new ones can be surprisingly good.

• Tommy is my fave; if he’s not on there–and if Carl is gone, too–then I’m not watching season 3!

• Buddha says:

Yes @brileyrebecca, Tommy is magnetic an Carl is sarcastic an comedic. Cant do without those two on board

• Buddha says:

I totally agree with you Amanda! Tommy brought the Irish swag an without him, Im not really interested

• Ann says:

No Tommy? Why?

• Donna Varty says:

Why change the actors, they do not suit the show at all. bring the other ones back. Very disappointed. All the original players were very real in their parts, the blonde American & her partner are not, I really enjoyed it until this change. Amanda says the same thing, totally agree with her. Just scrolling down & everyone is saying the same thing. This show is just not the same. Fast forwarding a lot but quit watching now.

• Earl Martin says:

And if they were going to change somebody why not Donald Sutherland? He’s an appallingly bad actor and the scenes between him and Elizabeth Mitchell in season 3 are so terrible they’re comical. This show definitely took a turn for the worse with the recasting and is nowhere near as good as the first two seasons.

• rose says:

i agree

3. Diz says:

I never saw season 2.

4. rainey13 says:

I love the international cast and locations, and I’ve been catching up on Season 2 on Netflix. Hope they do pick up Season 3!

5. Dean says:

The Snow Queen as a cop? meh at least she’s playing a good.

• lauren says:

She played a cop on “V”, was a badass on “Revolution.” No shrinking violet on “Lost.” But you go with a role she did for like a month, okay. lol

• Dean says:

Never saw any of those shows you listed so I wouldn’t know. I only know her on Once where she played an ice powered villian

• Josh says:

Yes well shockingly enough, Elizabeth Mitchell has played many roles outside of Once Upon A Time, in fact it was her Lost role that pretty much got her the Once role.

6. rimom5 says:

Second season is not on Netflix and I loved that show!

7. Dana says:

I didn’t know S2 was on Netflix! I know what I’m doing next.

8. Równolegle możemy rozpocząć drugą formę promocji poprzez ulotki oraz
    plakaty, która wykona dla nas drukarnia cyfrowa i agencja IT w jednym.

9. Keith says:

It airs in Canada,not that it helps us here

10. Jennifer Sturdivant says:

Ooh I hope this is available in the US. I loved this show. Going to miss William Fitchner and am glad to hear that there was a 3rd season after the cliffhanger at the end of season 2. Love Goran too. Fingers crossed for netflix or amazon or something.

11. English says:

They were both on ER at the same time, actually.

12. kirads09 says:

So are you saying Fitchner and much of the entire original cast will be gone? I am confused. As a huge fan I say NO. I can’t see this a proper vehicle for Mitchell and afraid she will be the death knell to this series. If no William Fitchner, Donald Sutherland or Marc Lavoine count me out. I won’t be tuning in for a “new” cast. Sorry.

13. I literally just binged on season 2 about 2 weeks ago and was looking for news on the new season. I didn’t even know they did a season 2 until it showed up on Netflix. I really liked the show, but I’m a little worried about the number of people who left the show (only 2 of the original cast is coming back for the 3rd season). I’ll still check it out if it shows up on Netflix.

14. Viv says:

I don’t even care what the show is about–If those 2 are in it, there will be chemistry for years! I will find a way to watch this!!!!

15. Lee says:

I am an avid watcher of this show and I really hope Netflix picks up season 3 the same way they did for two.

16. H says:

So a Croatian plays an Italian and an American plays a British (German, Belgian… I’m not sure)?

17. Amara says:

Soooo happy there a 3 season. Love the show. Second season just finished here in South America and was amazing. To bad some of the original casting are gone, but i keep watching and see how is go. If you have a chance to watch it, the show is really good

18. ursula says:

Glad to see a new producer, new actors and hope better plots. At least these new actors can act. The show started out in season 1, as being pretty good but season 2 just got worse and worse. The final two shows didn’t even try to produce a good show, so many holes and bad acting.

19. Bette says:

Gosh – no Tommy or Hickman or Eva? I’m seriously bummed; they’re my favorites.

20. leprecaun28 says:

This was a great show so I can’t figure out why NBC didn’t pick up season 2. There are many fans on IMDB wondering if there will be a third season. Can’t wait…..although I’m disappointed that William Fitchner isn’t coming back…. :-(

21. Cheryl Lopez says:

Love this excellent series and implore Netflix to stream series 3..a lot of our friends are hooked too! Thank you

22. Przepis na Oopsie Burgera znalazłam na niemieckiej stronie , trochę
    z dupy taka nazwa, ale niech im już będzie.

23. Carmen Marshall says:

I would love to see season 3! Please Netflix, show me!

24. Dens Cio says:

I just got hooked with this show after watching a marathon on Netflix! Hope to see the 3rd season! Sad on how the 2nd season ended with Louis getting shot!

25. lynn says:

Terrific show. Please, please, please let Netflix pick up third season.

26. Al says:

There has to be a way to bring back Eva and Tommy. Those guys gave the show a mysterious, twisting European depth. Of course I liked Hickman and Sebastian and the others but Eva and Tommy always kept me guessing as to what was next and, speaking of that, what happened to Eva at the end of season 2?

27. Oh! my God i cant wait to watch season three.

28. Kaywin says:

I watched Seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix. With the change in cast I am not sure that I will watch Season 3 even if it is on Netflix. I liked the original cast and the premise of the show.

29. Kareem says:

I hope Netflix will be bringing Season 3 to the U.S. Maket. LUv the show, and left us with a cliff hanger.

30. Jill Taylor says:

Crossing Lines is a fantastic show. Netflix must show season 3

31. James Yates says:

I will be extremely disappointed in Netflix if they do not air season 3 of crossing lines, the only reason I started watching series on Netflix is because I read on the internet they don’t like having series without ending to them. I love this show, so I will be extremely disappointed if they do not continue showing how ever many season is made. Thank you very much.

32. Anne Burnett says:

Please air the series un the US.

33. lynn says:

I thought that Marc Lavoine was one of the most intriguing actors to watch on a television in a very long time. He and Donald Sutherland’s and William Fichtner’s characters played off each other very well. I also liked the dynamic Tommy and Eva added to the series. Hard to imagine reinventing the chemistry of the first two seasons without so many of the people that made the show amazing.

34. Ander says:

Typical BS…. The original actors made this a great show. Now the Hollywood “celebs” walk into a popular show and ruin it with their bogus acting…

35. Chris Walker says:

I love this show, and will miss Tommy, Eva, and Louis, especially Tommy … I always fall for the Irish charm in conjunction with that bad boy attitude. I’m willing to give the new cast a chance, because the remaining cast is still extraordinary. But there was definitely something about those French, Irish, Italian accents that was very alluring, and helped to sell the idea of an international team of crime specialists.

36. T. Webb says:

Keep this going and let’s see it here in US!!! This is really a good program and we would like to see more of it!!!
    To sad to see the major end the season 2…

37. Sandra Mills says:

I hope you do bring season 3 of Crossing Lines to those of us who are waiting patiently. I have watched the series over a couple of time and love it more with each viewing.

38. Sara B says:

I am a big American fan.. I really hope it continues in the U.S. Ive watched season 1-2 but Ive been looking for season 3, I hope Netflix will continue with it soon.

39. Sara B says:

My hubby is Lapd and I’m always on the look for a good show.. He always shoots them down but I still love crossing lines.. I really love the drama and the fact that this team comes from all over… ( I loved tommy and everything he stood for, he was a really good man. ( aside from that his irish talk.. I just loved loved it I’m part Irish and I really love him he’s not a tosser or a winkera;) And that none of them are perfect they all have problems.

40. Ernie George says:

please bring season three to netflix, one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time

41. Lisa Clark says:

I really enjoyed the series, and hope it continues. Though now knowing Det. Major Louis Daniel; Det. Tommy McConnel; and Sgt. Eva Vittoria will not be returning is giving me second thoughts. I especially loved Louis & how this character he ran his team like a family

Wow, I’m really saddened to now know that Tommy won’t be part of the team anymore since this young man really needed to be part of this group that was more family then professional teammates.

42. HeyMarla says:

Good series. Hope Netflix comes through and airs the 3rd season

43. Bob says:

I hope Crossing Lines 3 gives some closure to the finale of CL2. So much was left unknown. Eva, Hickman, Louie, and Tommy — what happened with them.

44. Diann says:

Never saw until this week on netflix. Ove the show. Characters are great. Surely hope we get the third season

45. Tomas says:

Yeah…..just finished season two. All my favorites are gone now so guess its time to find another show to watch. Cracks me up how these writers write so good and then fall on their faces. Almost had a winner here….and you blew it. Oh well

46. Djary says:

Netflix streamed season 2; It was like going to a “Lone Ranger” movie and watching the Lone Ranger get killed. So now I don’t care who tries to revive Season 3, the best will only be imitated. But who knows, maybe Donald Southerland will finally take off his coat and scarf indoors, not having to sell himself so “macho.”

47. Ed potenza says:

When will we know if season 3 is available on Netflix.

48. Love the show. it keeps you on the edge of your chair. The story lines keep you guessing. Please keep going with this great adventure. Dolores Craig

49. Ed says:

I agree with Dolores 100%. Hope I can watch in the USA

50. Not worth watching without William Fitchner.