Exclusive

First Look: Anna Friel Is on a Life-and- Death Odyssey in New NBC Drama

Anna Friel is a wanted woman — a U.S. soldier targeted by her own country — in the new NBC drama American Odyssey, and TVLine has your first look at the poster for the series as well as a nailbiting new trailer.

(CLICK TO ZOOM, READ MORE BELOW)

NBC Odyssey PosterIn the Traffic-like action drama (premiering Sunday, April 5 at 10/9c), after a team of soldiers takes out Al Qaeda’s top commander, Sgt. Odelle Ballard (played by Pushing Daisies alum Friel) discovers files that prove that a major U.S. corporation is funding the jihadists. Before she can blow the whistle, her team is attacked, all presumed dead. But the truth is that Odelle survived and is the only witness to her unit’s assassins: Blackwater-type private military contractors.

As Odelle struggles to find her way home, a U.S. Attorney turned corporate litigator (played by Peter Facinelli, Nurse Jackie) finds himself embroiled in a merger with the company that funded the jihadists, while a political activist (Jake Robinson, The Carrie Diaries) meets a hacker (Nate Mooney, The Riches) who claims to have unearthed a military-industrial-complex conspiracy.

Watch the new promo below and tell us: Will you be tuning in?

1. Tee says:

Looks good! Anna Friel is very cool (Chuck!), so I’m excited for this. Hopefully it’s more edge on your like the first season of Prison Break than the first season of Hostages.

2. Ray says:

Yawn city. Pass

3. johnhelvete says:

The full trailer does make me interested in the show, but the poster is awful.

• ejdax37 says:

I agree, it’s the hair, no one’s hair looks that good in real life ever, especially in the desert. She looks like she escaped from a fetish shampoo commercial, but trailer looks pretty good, I will give it a chance.

4. Eric says:

I love Anna Friel but she’ll always be Chuck to me. I don’t have much interest in this one, as I expect it to be gone soon enough anyways.

5. Maryann says:

Why would the preview be blocked in my location? If it is not available in the eastern US, where is it available?

• johnhelvete says:

I was able to watch the trailer an hour and half ago but now it appears to be blocked. Really stupid move by NBC if you ask me, the show needs to build as much buzz as possible before it airs and the trailer is actually pretty good IMO.

6. Fatima says:

I am pretty sure I saw that poster a while ago on another site.

7. A fan of TV says:

I couldn’t be LESS interested in yet another drama centered around BS wars in the Middle East that will never end despite all the talk of ‘defeating terror,’ (war makes money, and neoliberalists love money), even if this one wants us to think its a bit anarchic in regards to the overdone theme. Pass.

8. Mike says:

Doesn’t look great. I’ll pass. It won’t last longer that most NBC shows (13 weeks).

9. DavidSask says:

This show being on NBC and network is sure to be DOA!

10. herman1959 says:

It sounds like another copycat show; I’ll pass.

11. bj says:

I saw a preview for this on telly tonight. It looks really good. I’ll definitely be tuning in.

12. Hmm, the show might be too close to the truth.

13. Arlene says:

EXCITING!!! Does she make it home?

14. As a two time, Vietnam veteran (unfortunately, medevaced out both times),& medic, plus a full-hearted believer, in what our government still, is not, “guarantee, I WILL be, not just watching this story,but have (& will) recommended it to others( vets,& their families). Selah, & Amen & Amen

15. mike castillo says:

i servedin afghanistan. an this show looks dumb .iam tire of seeing military guys with the (shamak)afghan scarf. to be honest you get hell for wearing it. only the 50.caL. gunners get to wesr it .because all the dust you breath..this a propaganda. lets get woman in combat rolls…. i hope it gets cancell! !!