Ratings: Fresh Off the Boat, MasterChef Rise; NCISes Slip; Boy Hits Low

Fresh Off the Boat Ratings

Fresh Off the Boat opened ABC’s lineup this Tuesday with 6.1 million total viewers and a 1.9 rating, ticking up in audience and growing two tenths in the demo versus its week-ago 8 o’clock airing.

Leading out of that, the premiere of Ellen DeGeneres’ Repeat After Me retained 4.3 mil/1.4 (down sharply from last week’s second Boat episode), while the penultimate Agent Carter (4.1 mil/1.4) was steady.

Elsewhere….

CBS | NCIS (17.7 mil/2.5) slipped 6 and 14 percent, New Orleans (14.3 mil/2.0) was down 12 and 13 percent, but Person of Interest (yea, Root!) was steady with 9.1 mil/1.6.

NBC | Parks and Rec (2.9 mil/1.2, 2.5 mil/1.1) ticked up from last week’s double pump. Marry Me (2.1 mil/0.8) was flat, while About a Boy (2.4 mil/0.7) slipped 11 percent and two tenths to series lows. Chicago Fire (6.1 mil/1.4) was steady.

FOX | MasterChef Junior (5.4 mil/1.8) rose 17 and 20 percent, while New Girl (3.1 mil/1.4) and Mindy Project (2.5 mil/1.1) each ticked up a tenth in the demo.

THE CW | The Flash (3.7 mil/1.4) dipped a tenth, while Supernatural (2.3 mil/0.9) inched up a tenth.

1. Tran says:

Even though I’m Asian American, Fresh Off the Boat is always promising.

2. Joe says:

I’m really liking fresh off the boat , I hope it sticks around

3. David4 says:

Fresh Off the Boat isn’t DOA?! That’s good! Where ABC makes room for it though will be interesting.

4. Aimee says:

So happy for Fresh Off the Boat!

5. Network says:

Sure would be nice for Fresh Off the Boat to get some help even though it looks like it is doing well on it’s own. The middle has to be heading towards an ending in another season or so. Maybe it can move to Tuesday and the goldbergs can move into the main 8pm spot.

6. Ray says:

Haven’t watched Fresh Off the Boat yet (I’m saving up eps on the DVR), but I’m thrilled its doing well for ABC. Those numbers would be much better if it was on Tuesday, but ABC better be kind to this one!

7. Runner says:

I love Fresh Off the Boat. Constance Wu is everything.

8. kmw says:

Interesting night what with most of CBS down, FOTB did well, and for once FOX had a good Tuesday night. Good that Chicago Fire was steady but NBC is struggling(without their SNF, Super Bowl, SNL special and The Voice they would be even worse off) Also good for POI for staying steady, especially with the NCIS shows being down

9. lululime says:

That scene with Jessica watching the Nightly News on the couch was really funny. And Mindy, “I have great credit, I have 25 credit cards!”

10. Gerald says:

Agent Carter was so good last night. Ratings are not bad, hopefully good enough for a 2nd season.
    I also really enjoyed Flash and Supernatural.
    I wonder how ratings will do on Supernatural when it moves to Wednesdays when it returns in March.

11. Jared says:

Fresh of the Boat seems to have a ton of buzz right now which is somewhat surprising considering mid season comedies(or new comedies in general) never seem to see a S2.

12. I really like Fresh Off the Boat. I’m glad the numbers are up. I was concerned with it going up against The Flash & NCIS (thank goodness for DVRs that record up to 5 shows at a time LOL)

13. Frog212 says:

Like that?! Do You Like That? No?! Well girls don’t like that either! No means No! Respect Girls! Nightly News!

• amberreed01 says:

I died at that and Eddie saying he was going to explain the difference between spring break and black spring break.

14. Alice says:

“No Evan, this stuffed animal belongs to Grandma now. That’s poker.” I love Fresh Off the Boat

15. Kelly Collins says:

Fresh off the boat is so funny!

16. Hannah says:

Yay for Fresh Off the Boat! Great show.

17. DavidSask says:

Repeat After Me is such a lazy programming decision hope it dies fast! PS. Wendy WIlliams did similar show first on Oxygen! It will be interesting what NBC does for this night next year as is fail currently! Fresh Off The Boat is great don’t F’ this up ABC!!!

18. herman1959 says:

I’m really going to miss Agent Carter, but I’ll start watching Fresh Off The Boat on hulu (my Tuesdays at 8 belong to The Flash). I’ve learned from Blackish not to get too hung up on titles.