Ratings: Apprentice Up Vs. 2013 Finale, Affairs Ends Steady, Gotham Rises

State of Affairs Cancelled Renewed

NBC’s already renewed Celebrity Apprentice wrapped its season with 6 million total viewers and a 1.6 demo rating, up 13 percent and a tenth from its previous finale (circa May 2013, which had marked a series low).

Leading out of that, State of Affairs‘ (series?) finale did 4.5 mil and a 1.0, up 11 percent in audience but flat in the demo.

Elsewhere….

ABC | The Bachelor (8.9 mil/2.5) slipped two tenths in the demo week-to-week but ticked up to its most watched episode of the season. Castle‘s two-parter conclusion (8.4 mil/1.6) was flat in the demo but up 14 percent in audience to an 11-week high. (TVLine readers gave the episode an average grade of a very high “A.”)

CBS | 2 Broke Girls (8.6 mil/2.2) dipped a tenth, Mike & Molly (9.2 mil/2.2) was steady and the Stevie Wonder special (7.5 mil/1.4) was down 46 and 33 percent from the Grammys’ year-ago salute to the Beatles.

FOX | Gotham (6.2 mil/2.1) rose 11 and 17 percent, while bubble drama Sleepy Hollow (4.5 mil/1.4) gained 15 and 17 percent.

THE CW | The Originals (1.4 mi/0.6) ticked up, Jane (1.3 mil/0.6) was flat.

1. wrstlgirl says:

I haven’t watched the State of Affairs finale yet but I’m guessing there’s no hope for a renewal? How about Sleepy Hollow?

2. Tran says:

Can’t believe that the State of Affairs finale ended in a cliffhanger. I know that in the past, a lot of shows that ended in cliffhangers led to cancellation and I hate to see the Katherine Heigl led series becoming its latest casualty. THOUGHTS?

• schumi8 says:

Watched the show the whole way through and even though my initial reaction was I prefer my CIA agents to be bipolar sex crazed terrorist loving experts I got over that and started to really get into the show. My biggest gripe was that I didn’t feel the chemistry that should have existed between the team…to each their own but it didn’t work enough for me. Also I thought that the presidents son was heralded as Charlie’s love of her life. I got a little thrown when they made it seem that Nick meant more to her than we were initially led to believe. The premise for the show was good but I don’t hold out much hope for it to return.

• Samara says:

I tried to give this show a fair shot along with The Mysteries of Laura. I rarely watch new series until I’m certain they are going to be renewed for a 2nd season. Anyway I’ve come to enjoy TMoL, its quirky and hilarious and Debra Messing is fantastic in it, I hope it gets renewed.
      State of Affairs on the other hand I could not make it past episode 2, there’s just something missing and Heigl is not the problem, it’s the whole show, I found there was nothing to keep pulling me back. Almost every character is very forgettable.

3. kmw says:

State of Affairs, if you listen to their exec producer, thinks that ratings don’t matter anymore(Really?), so to him his show should come back, however its that demo that counts and I find it hard to believe NBC will bring it back. Good news for Sleepy Hollow and Gotham but I have a feeling Sleepy will adjust down. Castle did well with live viewers last night, but I am surprised their demo did not go up. but it is always possible they will adjust up. I still do not understand the appeal of both the Bachelor or Celebrity Apprentice, but to each his own I guess.

• Who knows, perhaps Celebrity Apprentice is being financed by the Donald himself! You know, I wouldn’t put it pass him! It should have been cancelled 5 years ago!!

• Temperance says:

Well, the ratings really aren’t the ratings anymore. So many people watch primarily or solely in ways that can’t be tracked. They’re a guess of rather dubious nature. I’ve gotten attached to State of Affairs, though.

4. Tran says:

What if Blacklist moves back to Mondays @ 10 next season or a new drama series whether it’s Endgame or Game of Silence if neither series gets picked up by NBC.

5. Chris says:

I hope State of Affairs gets a renewal…it was a great show..full of entertainment…exactly what you want when watching TV…the cast was terrific and the topic is very timely…

6. Dave says:

State of affair has turned into the dumbest most non believing dribble any network has produced. When a single fair hair woman goes all Rambo attacks a camp killing all and over run’s everyone then stands in front of the person she come for then strikes up a conversation shots him then drops her gun to ponder what she has done. Then her lover comes driving down the hit to save the day. This show should not be renewed!

7. HAP says:

State of Affairs kept getting better as it went along. I have a feeling that NBC will renew it.

8. Gerald says:

Great night of TV.
    Gotham was great.
    Sleepy Hollow was great. What an ending!!! Hope it gets renewed, and hope Abbie doesn’t get saved too quickly from her predicament.
    Castle was great too.

9. John Bernard says:

State of affairs stinks

10. Susannah says:

I hope Sleepy Hollow gets a third season. It’s really trying to get back to that season one high mark, it’s just going to take some time to rid itself of the mess of this season. I hope it’s given that time.

11. Judy says:

I didn’t want to like State of Affairs pretty much due to Heigl’s history, however, watch one night because I was bored, and lo and behold. I really liked it. So, of course, it’ll get cancelled. Sigh.

12. Terry says:

Really liked State of Affairs especially after the first episode. Hope it gets another season.

13. Ellinas1978 says:

Two different channels but I say give State another shot but end Sleepy Hollow.