The Originals EP on Hayley's Wedding Drama, Hope's Powers & Freya's Plan

The Originals Spoilers

The Originals’ Royal Wedding has finally arrived, but the Mikaelson siblings have understandably mixed feelings about Hayley’s impending marriage to Jackson in tonight’s episode (The CW, 8/7c).

“We know that Elijah thinks this wedding is what’s best for Hayley and her people, but it’s also clear he still has feelings for her,” executive producer Michael Narducci tells TVLine. “As he begins to wonder whether she’s acting of her own will, he may want to talk to her about that — and if he were to speak with Hayley, what would her he say? Seeing Elijah might be more difficult than she can adequately handle. There are a lot of very emotional scenes between those characters.”

Klaus, meanwhile, has given the bride his full blessing, though Narducci admits the groom’s fate is “considerably less than certain” going into the hour. “Klaus sees Jackson as superfluous, so his future is going to depend on what Klaus believes to be the best strategy for his daughter; once he assesses whether Hope will benefit from an alliance with the werewolves, he’ll begin to weigh his options.”

And then there’s Rebekah, who’s “happy” for Hayley, but as Narducci notes, “There’s also a little sadness there. [Rebekah] has wanted to get married and start a family for 1,000 years, but she’s never managed to pull it off. There’s a beautiful, bittersweet connection between those two friends this week.”

Below, Narducci teases more of tonight’s plot points, including scoop on Freya’s agenda, Hope’s budding powers and a potential new threat for Aiden and Josh’s relationship.

Season 2, Episode 14TVLINE | Should we expect any surprise wedding guests?
The wedding itself is one of the most beautiful sequences we’ve shot to date; it’s an incredibly elaborate ceremony. There’s a crowd of werewolves, and interestingly enough, the wedding will affect the vampires as well, and even some of the witches. So in addition to the beauty of this wedding as a backdrop, we get to see how it affects some of our other players. For instance, Josh and Aiden: What’s going to happen to them when the werewolves become even more powerful? Will that make things difficult for Josh, who’s a vampire? Aiden doesn’t want anything bad to happen to his boyfriend. [Editor’s note: Neither do we!]

Season 2, Episode 14TVLINE | What’s Freya’s ultimate goal now that she’s back?
We’ve played it as a mystery so far, whether or not she can be trusted. She’s looking for an alliance with her family against the threat of this very dangerous witch named Dahlia, who will not only be coming to secure Freya as a slave, but also coming for Hope. Freya will have to ask herself, “Do we really have a common enemy?” And our Mikaelson characters will ask, “Can we trust Freya?” It’s going to be a matter of figuring out who’s being honest with everything they know about this potential threat.

TVLINE | So is Dahlia this season’s big bad? What’s the second half building towards?
This season’s big bad is two-fold: Dahlia is an incredible threat, and she’s coming for the thing that’s most precious to these people, but at the same time, the other enemy is their very nature. Each one of these Mikaelson characters is a little bit distrustful of one another. The thing they’ll need in order to survive this threat is the bond of family, yet the pressure of this terrible enemy will make those bonds very difficult to ascertain.

TVLINE | Elijah appears to be safe, but how is Finn holding up in the aftermath of last week’s explosion?
Kol, Klaus and Rebekah managed to sever Finn’s connection to Mikael and Esther, so when that house blew up, he was at his most vulnerable, which leaves us with a number of questions: Did he wake up in another body? Did he find a way to survive the blast? Is he still a threat to Elijah and the baby? Did he die, never to be seen again? We will answer the questions about Finn’s fate over the course of the episode.

TVLINE | Speaking of that explosion, what can you say about the progression of Hope’s powers?
We wanted to show that she’s unlike anything we’ve ever seen before. Clearly, she can heal herself and has some kind of ability to stop cars, and she must also have some sort of supernatural awareness when she’s in danger. She had an instinctive awareness that, had she and Cami continued on their path, they might have been caught in the blast or caught by Finn. We want to play with the notion of what the baby can do, and how the family is going to react to her. If you have a gifted child, what’s the best way to go about helping them hone their gifts? Klaus isn’t a witch, and neither is Hayley, so if their child has witch-like powers, it’s in their best interest to find someone who can serve as her mentor.

TVLINE | Kol’s been particularly shady as of late. How does he actually feel about Davina, and how will she react when finds out he basically used her?
They have a shared goal in terms of the desire to have a dagger that can put Klaus to sleep if he were to become a threat. Davina has also grown romantically close to Kol; she feels very strongly for him, especially because he put himself on the line in order to rescue Josh, which he did because he didn’t want anything to happen to her. Now, in this episode, we’ll get to see Davina’s gratitude for that assistance, as well as her true concern when she learns everything might not be OK with Kol.

TVLINE | Lastly, we just saw Jeremy leave The Vampire Diaries to become a hunter. Any chance he’ll make a pit stop in New Orleans?
It’s funny you say that, because we talked in the writers’ room about Alaric’s last piece of advice to Jeremy. He should have said, “Go hunt vampires, you’re going to be great — just don’t go anywhere near New Orleans, because there’s a different class of vampire there.” As tough as Jeremy is, and as much as I love and respect Steven R. McQueen, I don’t know that Jeremy and his crossbow would be able to take down Klaus, Elijah and Marcel. I’m hoping Jeremy doesn’t go anywhere near Louisiana.”

Originals fans, do you hope Hayley goes through with the wedding? What are your feelings towards Freya? And which Big Easy resident are you most concerned about moving forward? Browse Hayley’s wedding album below then drop a comment with your thoughts and theories below.

Reporting by Vlada Gelman

1. Fx says:

The Originals is great. TVD writers should learn something.

2. Ally Oop says:

I want Hayley to marry Jackson. I think its a good direction for the story to go in. However, I dont want the marriage to last forever. I think its obvious Jackson will die selflessly for Hayley sooner or later. I want them together long enough for Elijah to move on with Camille. Also, I want Klaus’ friendship with Hayley to develop further so that he starts to really have feelings for her. I love the scenes between Hayley and Klaus but its important to me that Elijah moves on with someone else first cause I dont want a love triangle a la VD.

3. Tony Mikaelson says:

Would it kill you guys to ask about Mikael and Freya? I swear many fans send questions to the reporters when they say they’re gonna interview the show runners and no one seems to ask

4. Riana says:

They’ll find someway to keep Kol alive. Maybe Freya could heal him.

5. Ally Oop says:

I hope Kol stays. His character on the show was a good addition.

6. kev says:

whichever way the tide flows for Hayley n jackson or intresting still for Elijah..iv got a new favourite, Hope joins ma class of fvrts which includes papa Elijahthe unpredictable ,klaus n sweet blondie Rebekah.

7. Kar says:

Love Jackson!!

8. kev says:

I would share your dreams,,but hey theres no redemption for klaus,,,n if there is,the only person who cud pull it off is Camille

9. ChrisGa says:

The show’s been great this season. Loving the Elijah/Cami interaction. Also, I think Freya is actually Dahlia.

10. onelastemperor says:

It looks like Finn is not dead…….thank GOD!

11. Liza says:

i also think that Freya is Dahlia, you could see evil in her eyes when she heard about baby Hope. But i hope that she’s not, I like the actress and i love the idea of another original sister, and i’m curious about her story. Also, could we please keep Kol in the originals? He is way more intresting and crazier then the rest of them + i love him knowing so much about witches. I don’t mind if Nate or daniel plays him as long as he stayes, I also would die if they find a new actress to play Katherine Pierce, if there is anyone from the vampire diaries who belongs in the originals it’s katherine. She has so much history with them i would love for her to return (and it would also be a huge thing for haley/elijah) and Klaus and katherine back on the same show? amazing. Maybe jacqueline macinnes wood can play her, The way she plays steffy on the b&b is just the way katherine is, she always gets what she wants.

12. hopesuitor@sio.midco.net says:

I know people have their own ships. I am a elijah and haley fan and believe they areally endgame to the very end what you people forget us that elijah does not love easily. I like cami and klaus and I believe they are slowburn. Nobody knows what is going to happen. I know I don’t want elijah to be hurt and I can’t stand this wedding. I am not against cami and elijah but I will always be a elijah and haley fan. And klaus and haley are good as friends otherwise it’s boring as them as a couple let’s face it klaus will never be happy with one person will see no r of us know. Elijah and haley have amazing chemistry

13. hopesuitor@sio.midco.net says:

And I want Kol to stay

14. Dayenzo says:

I hope Finn is DEAD,Daniel Sharman is a breath of fresh air for TO so don’t let us suffocate #Please save Kol. Can’t wait to see the werewolf wedding….if only Elijah was the groom…he knows how to work a suit.Just love daddy Klaus and auntie Bex!!

15. chuckbond007 says:

As intriguing as it is, the presence of magic is greatly reducing. I have a lesser interest in klaus and elijah and Hayley but would like Rebekah to for a while grow in the magic arts. Kol is shown here as being weak in the magic arts, I would like a step up for Kol, as well as fin(if he still breathes air) his style of saying spells is cool, and importantly Freya, also her style of saying spells is cool, more work for her I assume . More dark spells and more fun! Good work!..

16. Alrisha says:

Please kill Jackson. The man is really annoying and I don’t trust him. Let say he is to good to be true. I can’t stand the man. I hope they kill him and let Hailey be the alpha, there no use for him after the marry

17. hopesuitor@sio.midco.net says:

I don’t want this wedding to happen I am a elijah and haley fan their love is epic and forbidden. And I don’t care what anyone says kaley as friends romance boring elijah and haley endgame for me. Who would not want to be with elijah. Don’t trust Jackson he is boring.

18. hopesuitor@sio.midco.net says:

And beautiful scene my ads can’t stand this wedding. No guy is perfect
    E

19. Killa says:

As I read everyone’s comments yes there are some good points said and everyone’s opinion is welcome and hear is my Klaus and Haley together why cause off a little someone named Hope . Think about it what kid wouldn’t like to grow up with both there parents trust me on this . This show if you didn’t know it’s about Family and before I forget Jackson is up to something klaus needs to take him out

20. Julius says:

I know this is an episode late, but how did Elijah kill Finn — because they are immune to death by sunlight and don’t combust when hit by UV rays. This was made common knowledge on Vampire Diaries when they were originally made. So it seemed like Elijah took off his ring to start the fire, correct?

21. Mary says:

The scene between Elijah and Hayley broke my heart! I wanted to smack Hayley for stopping his confession of love. I love them together. I hope her marriage to Jackson doesn’t last long. She may care about him but she’s not in love with him and it’s not fair to any of them for her to deny and push away her feelings for Elijah. He deserves some happiness and love. He’s always sacrificing himself and his feelinga for everyone else’s sake. The season finale last year when he thought Hayley was dead, his anguish broke my heart. I like Klaus and Cami for now but am holding out hope for Klaus being Caroline’s “last love”.

• Hope says:

I agree with everything I love Elijah and Haley and it broke my heart and I cant stand Jackson and I don’t like Klaus and Haley together either. I like Klaus and Cami. I did not understand on 2×9 when Haley said she did not love Jackson and then she said that she married Jackson for her. Who would not want to be with Elijah. Did not like Haley in this episode. Someone said that Elijah was selfness I don’t think so and all Elijah does is for the family he sacrifices everything and I wish Klaus would stay out of it

22. Elizabeth says:

Sorry about the rant that is about to follow but I have been holding this is for so long now.

Is it just me or is anyone else REALLY getting sick of Klaus’ whole ‘me me me’ attitude? I mean I’ve loved the character since the beginning but there have been soooo many times this season and the end of the last that he just irritates me to no end. The one major part is the whole thing about him being all about wanting his family to be together and blah blah blah, but hello, Kol comes back, he’s his brother yet Klaus can’t seem to forgive Kol for all the ‘stuff’ he’s done when in reality Klaus should be the one begging for forgiveness from EVERYONE. And has the guy ever thought that maybe, just maybe, he doesn’t deserve to have a daughter? Because well he kinda doesn’t deserve to have ANY kind of family. He’s the biggest hypocrite I’ve ever seen on TV and considering whats happened over the years on TVD really says something.

And what the hell have they done with Elijah’s character? I mean wow. He is so far away from the man we were introduced to in season 2 of TVD. I miss the old Elijah.

I really hope that for season 3 Kol is made a major character because he deserves it. WE NEED MORE KOL! And in his original body, hello Nathaniel Buzolic!!! And that by the end of season 2 Kol actually succeeds in daggering Klaus. Let’s see how he feels about being put in a box for a hundred or so years.

So, rant over now.

23. liame says:

I hope Haley and Jackson both die selflessly for the kid. Those two are boring, I don’t get it, they suck at acting. I need more Klaus, Elijah and Marcel interaction and less Davina (painful to watch) love to fast forward her scenes.

24. zed says:

The Originals are getting better and better! Wedding was nice! Love Jackson and I hope they develope him into a character that stands against Klaus, because there should be some kind of balance and sincerely hope they don’t kill of Jackson because then it would be boring, as we will have Klaus, the invincible, although it is all about him really, although it was said it is about the Original family.
    Love Freya!
    And most important- bring back Kol in the body of Nate Buzolic!!! Think of a loophole! There has been loads of supernatural loopholes and so why not find one to get Nate back as Kol!!

25. shaw says:

Couldn’t watch it the cw was having technical problems and the screen was going in and out black. Every other channel through direct t.v. was Crystal clear.

26. Amanda says:

The pre wedding scenes between Haley and Elijah was heartbreaking! I don’t mind a little torture as long as theses two eventually find their way together! I am also very sad to see Kohl go.

27. CLAIRE I LOVE YOU COME BACK!!!!! says:

CLAIRE COME BACK! LOVE YOU!

28. Stephanie says:

Kol died at his most “likeable” self – this version of him, was truly the best. His hearfelt spiel to his sister about not having heightened emotions or a ravaneous bloodthirst driving his actions and being to finally just be himself was heartrending. Especially after having his very own sadistic brother Finn curse/kill him. Poor Kol was even a Vampire. I hope Finn goes down HARD and permanently and they can bring Kol back before too long! It’d be nice to see the family together for a short while before this Dahlia woman comes to rip them apart by taking Hope/Freya. Truly dynamic show/cast that has far outclassed The Vampire Diaries! Although a Caroline/Stephan visit to the Big Easy could be fun! They would definitely help if called in to fight Dahlia for the sake of a baby!

29. faria says:

kaleb and davina….omg they r sooooo cute together….there relationship should further preceed…i love u kol…….

30. Nyxis says:

I think it would be amazing to see the siblings unite against dahlia. The super powerful witch/huntress. I would like to see Rebekah maybe go back to blonde but stay a witch and have her and marcel somehow (finally) marry and have a child. I think hayley and jackson will love eachother and should stay together. Elijah and camille and klaus in a final show of his change of character would martyr himself in a final epic war with dahlia in order to save not just his daughtet, but his family.

31. Honey says:

Yes, Kol needs to return as the Original Kol, and take up the romance with Davina where it left off. It will be like he jumped into another body, his original one and returned. Hope definitely has shown some magical powers. As long as she continues to show these powers, Dahlia, will come and try to claim, what she thinks is hers. I think that all of the Mikaelson’s will come together to fight this threat along with the wolves and witches. I don’t think that Freya wants to still be a slave to her, so she will also join with her brothers and sister in this fight. I hope that Davina will be Hope’s mentor, she is a powerful little witch. I am not sure but somehow i think all of the Originals + some powerful witches + ware wolves will somehow be able to divest the quarter of the powerful Dahila. Remains to be seen. Loved the wedding and Jackson is perfect for Haley. He loves her and from the story, she loves him as well. We shall see.

32. pebbles51 says:

I want the entire Mikaelson family. Why kill Kol? We need him! Hayley can go off with Jackson and her wolves. Klaus, Rebekah, Cami and Elijah can rause Hope. Hope is witch like Rebekah, hybrid like Klaus.

33. mark says:

Shall Aiden come back to ilfe in The Originals?