Christina Aguilera Books Nashville Arc

Apparently, what a girl needs is a side gig.

Pop diva Christina Aguilera will extend her TV presence beyond her coaching role on Season 8 of NBC’s The Voice with a multi-episode arc on ABC’s Nashville, according to People.com.

Aguilera is set to play Jade St. John, a chart-topping pop princess who yearns to unleash her inner twang on a country record — and might finally get the opportunity during a two-night stand in Music City.

The “Dirrty” singer returns to the panel of NBC’s smash singing competition on Feb. 23; she has not been part of The Voice‘s coaching lineup since taking a leave of absence to give birth to her daughter Summer Rain after Season 5.

Excited to see Aguilera spread her wings (and soar) on Nashville? Which characters should Jade befriend (or dislike)? Sound off in the comments!

1. Linda says:

Wow, she’s so talented and gorgeous and surely has the pipes to pull off some good old country music! I’m so excited!!

2. Katherine says:

OMG!!! I’m so excited for this. Love Christina.

3. MA says:

Just what this show needs…more new characters!

4. Ram510 says:

This should be great! Nashville really needs to kick it up a few notches.
    Maybe next Christina can make an appearance on Empire

5. Shakira says:

Mi Latina hermana is doing Nashville! Muy bien!!!! Spreading love all over el globo from My country to the country of. Nashville in the bueno Americas!!

6. Beyoncé says:

Congratumalations to The Voice, Christina Agamulera! Girl, hook me up with a sound engineering gig on this show!! I’ve been to Nashville, ya’ll know I is a Texas girl!

7. Rose says:

This fine young lady is such a talent. I watch her every week on The Voice when she is on. Great advice, lots of love and such class. I never watch when Gwenyth Paltrow or Shakers is on. They don’t add any substance like Ms. Aguilera. I stopped watching Nashville last season but I will start again.

8. Jane says:

She is a great singer, I think she’ll do Country justice. Good luck!

9. Whoopi G says:

There are three voices I never miss out when they do great things. Streisand, Whitney and Aguilera! I’ll give this show a shot if she is making an appearance! I hope she promotes on The View when the time comes!

10. Aretha Franklin says:

Y’all this chile has the pipes of a black ladey y’all! Definitely gonna watch this while eating a nice piece of turkey!

11. Big Sheila says:

I used to hate Xtina back in the Dirrty days but she won me over with The Voice and her last album Not Myself Tonight. I am now an unbreakable flower and feeling the empowerment. Us women are doing it for ourselves!!!

12. Ceres says:

Come 2 Brazil

13. Martha Sleyha says:

Christina is such a talented young lady, the best set of pipes in the music business and now she’s taking over TV. Me and my husband watch The Voice religiously when she coaches, although neither of us are a big fan of Gwyn or Shakeor.

14. Blu Ivy says:

I see you trying to challenge my Mom dukes. Well played Aguilera. Well played.

15. Ms. Bruce Jenner says:

Alright good Sis! I see you! So proud of the woman you have come to be. You inspire and empower me through life and all of my transitions! Unbreakable flowers!

16. Rosie O says:

Connie and Christina! Talk about winning! I just hope there is no lesbian sex, it might start making me powdering milk in my panties.

17. Osteria Mozza says:

What a voice. Such an inspiration she is. Will be tuning in!

18. Zubindet says:

Can’t wait!!

19. Brinti Spears says:

Yasss girl you better represent. Took some time out of my zumba class in Vegas to type this. Gotta get back to warm up my CD. Much love y’all.

20. Consuela says:

Christina es muy bonita inside and out. Great voz, great actress and great entertainer. When I crossed the border from Mexico I plays Ven Conmigo and Cuando No Es Contigo on repetito!!

Oye, Falsas Esperanza’s too!!!! Cantares, cantaras!!!!

21. DJ Premier says:

Please call me back, Christina.

22. P!nk says:

So happy to see Aguilera on my tv screen three nights a week. I was getting tired of my blowup doll.

23. Lady Gaga says:

YAAASSS Legend X, Slay mama! I cannot begin to describe how I excited I am to witness this reverse warholian experience of the Queen of Pop conquering the Country music genre on Nashville! Asia and I will be tuning in for sure!

24. Riana says:

So she’s playing Jessica Simpson?

25. I guess that the casting director didn’t see Burlesque. Lucky her.

26. Fran says:

These are the most bizarre comments I’ve read in a long time.

27. B says:

Came for the article stayed for the A list comments lol

28. Sarah Plainentall says:

I love Nashville.. Besides my husband and God ..country music is my life! I don’t really listen to Christina Aguilar but I am looking forward to this because I do love her voice from what I’ve heard…oh and I love the burlesque songs … Yeehaw! This is good news y’all

29. Paula Presley says:

I want Deacon and Rayna to get together but if that is not what the writers want the Christina could be with Deacon to give Rayna some competition.