TNT's Librarians Renewed for Season 2

The Librarians Renewed Season 2

There will be a second chapter for The Librarians.

TNT renewed the fantastical drama, which is an offshoot of the Noah Wyle-led telepics, for a 10-episode Season 2, it was announced on Thursday.

The Librarians opened in December to a strong 5.4 million total viewers and 1.3 demo rating (making it basic cable’s No. 2 series launch of 2014, trailing TNT’s own The Last Ship), yet by the time of its January finale was pulling around 3 mil/0.8.

In recent months, TNT has renewed Legends and Murder in the First and cancelled Perception and Franklin & Bash, while efforts for Dallas to find a Season 4 home came up dry.

TVLine’s hand-carved Cable Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

1. Jennifer says:

I’m doing my happy dance!!! My daughter and I LOVE this show. JOY!!!!

2. Rebecca says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. THIS IS HAPPY/GOOD NEWS!

3. Jennifer says:

Meant to also say … FINALLY TNT got one right (still ticked about Perception being cancelled)

4. Ralph says:

Congrats to Librarian fans. TNT is dead to me after Dallas.

5. Geoff Gentry says:

Great Winter Break/Summer show (when Downton & TWD are off)

6. Tran says:

Let’s hope TNT can get their act together and not cancelling more of its original series like Last Ship, Legends, R&I and others. No official word yet on the status of Transporter: The Series.

• d says:

You do know that Transporter is not a TNT series, they just carry the rights for American viewership. So hope that the multiple countries that produce Transporter renews it for a series 3,

• Transporter fan says:

That’s a good new, I am a great fan of the show and I look forward good news. Sorry for my ignorance, but do you know where it will be announced, what will happen with “Transporter: the series” and, approximately, when? Thanks

7. Thea says:

Yay! Really loved the first season! The characters are lovely and the actors all work really well off each other.

8. cr says:

Great! It was perfect for binge watching!

9. Patti C says:

I hope The Librarians improve over last season. It started out very well and deteriorated. I hope Noah Wyle will be in more episodes. The series was greatly improved when he was in the episode. Really wish that Perception had not been canceled. I really liked it.

• SOrms says:

I agree with you. Liked the original with Noah Wyle, Bob Newhart & Jane Curtin. Be nice if they had them too. Did you know Stana Katic from “Castle” was in one too? “Curse of the Judas Chalice” Fat chance of getting her though.

• John NYC says:

Well, in all fairness, her character DID get turned to dust….

• Kathie says:

Before the series started, I watched the original movies on TimeWarner’s On Demand. Imagine my surprise when I saw Stana Katic as the French vampire. It was weird seeing her kissing Noah instead of Nathan, lol. Also loved seeing Gabriel Anwar in the last one.
        I do wish Noah were in more of the series episodes. Having seen the movies, I knew the series would also demand suspension of belief, but so do most of the shows today, lol.
        The world needs more silliness and less reality, anyway.

• Lizo says:

I actually didn’t mind it without Noah.

• Television says:

I like the current cast, jenkins, eve, etc….just dont like the red head brain person and noah needs to be there way less….he is too over the top with his acting.

• Greta says:

I actually like the ‘red head brain person’. She is somebody thi I can actually relate to, being a synthesite myself. There are so few characters on television that represent minority disorders.

• Wendy Testaburger says:

Maybe we’ll get more Noah Wyle when “Falling Skies” falls down for good. Not to mix metaphors, but it has to be on its last legs.
      I’d love to see Jane Curtin in a guest role, too. But the current cast is quirky and interesting enough to watch in the mean time!

• Pam Wheatley says:

I agree with Patti C The show deteriorated as the season went on. Why so many lead characters? Very confusing and YES it needs more Noah Wyle and Jane and Bob. More of the humor as in the movies. Thank you Noah for making the movies.

10. cdhaskell says:

I am glad that the show got renewal for the second season.

11. Yurin4 says:

10 episodes? Why not 13 or 16? Well atleast it got renewed.

12. lqza says:

Tried it, found it too silly. :(

13. Me says:

I wonder if Noah will be in more, now that he is a bit more free….

14. Kay says:

Thank Goodness!!!!!! Love this show….

15. Terry says:

YEAH I LOVE THIS SERIES, JUST WISH I COULD UNDERSTAND ASIAN YOUNG MAN WHEN HE TALKS.. ALL CHARACTERS ARE AWESOME.
    TNT RENEWED PERCEPTION FOR 15 MORE EPISODES STARTING THIS COMING TUESDAY

• retsim says:

That,s because he,s Australian .It,s like English but with an accent ,sort of like American.

• Kathie says:

I don’t have a problem understanding him. It’s an Australian accent, not a different language. The New Zealand accent is harder to understand. And a Welsh accent-YIKES! On a cruise several years ago we encountered two couples from Wales. The husband of one and the wife of the other had accents so thick, each spouse had to translate for us.

• mary says:

I have a bit of trouble with his accent too. He speaks quickly.

• Jared Munson says:

Perception is canceled. These are the final four eps

16. Wayne Ancell says:

Awesome! It filled that void left by Warehouse 13.

17. Liza says:

This show needs more Noah Wyle!! Hopefully with Falling Skies ending, he can have a bigger on-screen role with this show. TNT still needs to bring back Dallas! They made a huge error cancelling it!!

18. BrianR says:

Gotta love them tall blondes.

19. Oh, joy! We LOVE this show! It’s just plain fun, and there’s too little of that going around these days!

20. Alice says:

So excited. More Jenkins. Less Flynn.

21. Laura says:

Yay!!!! My kids loved this show and I did too! Glad it’s coming back!!!

22. Tenney says:

Slow Motion Celebration!!!

23. retsim says:

Great to see it get a second chance.It fill,s the hole left by Warehouse 13.

24. Nick says:

I’m still sore about Franklin and Bash.

25. Dragonfly says:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, I love Librarians

26. Deion says:

I was worried there for a second. Let’s hope Noah Wyle makes a seamless move from Falling Skies, back into Flynn’s familiar loafers for more episodes.

27. A Librarians Fan says:

YAY!

28. mary says:

Yay!!! So Happy!

29. YAY I’m so happy I love this show. Though I wish there were more than 10 episodes.

30. GildedRose says:

I’m so excited this got renewed. I didn’t expect to like this show as much as I do. Looking forward to a season 2. Glad I can look forward to more Jake & Cassie (and her brain grape). LOL.

31. murley says:

Woohoo! This was on my renewal wish list for sure. And it was such a fun and lighthearted show that was perfect to get me through the winter hiatus. I want all my hiatus shows renewed- galavant and agent Carter next please :).

32. P Strickland says:

Oh this is the best news! I love this show, so different from anything and the actors just click! I agree we need more Noah Wylie.

An can’t believe they dropped Perception and Legends. Both of them were a change from the same old same old!!

33. YAY! I’ve been a Christian Kane fan since Angel, and loved him in Leverage. This renewal makes me happy.

• BeaAnn44 says:

I love him too. So glad he’s on a series again.

• Kathie says:

Loved Christian in Leverage. It’s kind of weird for Eve to be the “hitter” instead of him.
      I keep hoping they’ll do a two hour reunion movie of Leverage with Parker as the mastermind, calling on Nate and Sophie for help on a desperate case. I still watch re-runs sometimes late-night on weekends.

34. Karen says:

anyword on whether Norah will return now that falling skies is ending? love the series

35. Joey Padron says:

Great news of the show getting a season 2! First season was really good.

36. Zebbie Smith says:

I am very glad now bring Dallas back TNT

37. Mare says:

Woot!!! So happy they were renewed!

38. Karen MT says:

Hurray!! Love this series.

39. I’m so excited that TNT renewed The Librarians! Not only was it a fun show, but the whole family could watch it! This Kaniac is jumping for joy to have Christian Kane back on tv!

40. Stacey says:

FANTABULOUS!!!! Family fun is back!!! WOOT WOOT!!! I am so filled with euphoria at the moment I could fly!! LOL I love that #TheLibrarians has been renewed…would like more than 10 episodes but I’m not complaining ;) On to the next chapter #LibrariansS2 :) (insert happy dance) This #Kaniac loves #ChristianKane – acting and music. The cast and crew deliver phenomenal entertainment, humour and #Magic!

41. I agree with Jennifer, happy about the Librarians, and TOTALLY PISSED off. about Perception cancelling. (Idiots)

42. Swazie says:

Woo hoo! Husband and college age daughter love this show. Me too!

43. Donna says:

this made my day,so happy that this was renewed. I loved the movies and now I love the tv show

44. Callie says:

I’m so excited for season 2 of the Librarians…I just wish it had more episodes but well beggars can’t be choosers and all that.

45. Cindy-sue says:

Ooh yeah ooh yeah The Librarians S2…. have seen the 3 original movies with noah… and watched the whole 1st season of the serie… yes even in Belgium we’re watching the Librarians… LOVE IT!!! NO WONDER with a cast like that… and i’m for sure a proud Kaniac also

• Denis says:

I loved better the Librarian movies..
      In the TV series the characters are good.
      Noah Wyle brings back our favorite character..
      But I feel that the series is thinly scripted..
      ..and they need to improve the pace…