Reign Baddie Previews 'Darker' Plans for Bash and Kenna Ahead

Reign Season 2 Spoilers

Prepare thyselves, Reign fans! Now that King Antoine is convinced Bash is responsible for his brother’s death, Ben Aldridge says his character is ready to exact his revenge on Thursday (The CW, 9/8c) — and Kenna is a major part of his master plan.

“He sees her as a possible route to vengeance,” Aldridge explains. “Antoine could offer Kenna a lot of things Bash couldn’t. With a king charming her, I think it’s very possible she’ll find herself tempted. His aim is to cause harm to Bash via Kenna somehow.”

Of course, there’s always a chance Antoine’s good-natured brother could step in and prevent him from doing something he — and certainly the viewers — might regret.

Reign Season 2 Spoilers“There really are two sides of Antoine,” Aldridge admits. “There’s the evil, plotting, vengeful side, but there’s also a very sincere side when it comes to his family. There will be more dramatic scenes between him and Conde, where he reminds him how their family has suffered.”

Regardless of how Antoine’s scheme plays out, though, Aldridge has been “relishing” the opportunity to play French Court’s latest villain (of many more to come, I’m sure).

“It’s nice to play someone who’s always got a hidden agenda,” he says. “I’ve been going into every scene with a bit of a dagger behind my back.”

(Let’s hope he’s only speaking metaphorically.)

Reign fans, do you really think Antoine could convince Kenna to leave Bash? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories below.

1. James says:

Antoine looks like a snotty douchebag.

2. spindae2 says:

The only good thing he did so far was name dropping Elizabeth. Hopefully we’ll see her appear soon.

3. Stacey says:

I hope we get to see Antoine’s wife, Jeanne. Now, she will be a very interesting character! A great opponent for Catherine! (If anybody is interested, she really did face off against Catherine as a leader for the Huguenots. There were even rumors when she died that Catherine poisoned her with a pair of gloves.)

4. Remy says:

Since day one, I’ve thought eventually Kenna would cheat on Bash. Whether she was bored or something better in her mind came along, I’ve just been sure it would happen. Kenna doesn’t understand Bash.

5. Lynne says:

Ben Aldridge plays the part of King Antoine brilliantly because he is a fabulous British actor

6. Sarah says:

King Antoine’s the best baddy that court’s seen in a long time. Sneaky, sexy, devious – great seeing Ben Aldridge in a different role, loving it :-)not the romance of Cpt James in BBCs Our Girl though!

7. BA fan says:

Loving King Antoine played by brilliant British actor Ben Aldridge

8. Ali hm says:

Ben Aldridge plays the part of King Antoine so well, fantastic actor x

9. Bridie says:

Absolutely loving seeing Ben Aldridge play such a different role as Antoine – he is such a fantastic British actor!

10. Samara says:

I love my Reign villains King Antoine and Narcisse. Never liked Kenna and Bash together anyway, there’s no chemistry there. They are so different, Bash is grounded and content but Kenna is a gold digger and a show off. I’m not opposed to Kenna straying, that might make for good TV.

• aprilx0x says:

I am looking forward to Kenna breaking Bash’s heart. She was such a fun character til she got sidelined this season as Bash’s wife. I want to see her run off into the sunset with a king who will treat her like a queen. Even if its only for a little while. It will make great television. Stirs things up some more. Bash has taken advantage of Kennas love for him.

11. Jane says:

I hope that Kenna doesn’t cheat on Bash. They are one of my favorite couples on reign.

12. Nicole says:

I love Bash and Kenna! :( On one hand, I am thrilled to see them getting more screentime but on the other, I really want Kenna to remain faithful and for Bash not to get hurt.

13. adam says:

Everyone seems to be talking more about if Kenna will cheat or not, but what about the more worrisome possibility that Antoine could end up killing Kenna.