Banshee Renewed for Season 4

Calling all Banshee, Penn., residents: It’s officially safe to renew your leases for another year. Cinemax has ordered a fourth, eight-episode season of the small-town crime drama, TVLine has learned.

The show’s third season kicked off Jan. 9, and new episodes continue to air Fridays at 10/9c. Season 3 will wrap its 10-episode run next month.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect Banshee‘s renewal.

Your thoughts on Banshee‘s renewal? Hopes for the rest of Season 3? Drop ’em all in the comments section below.

1. CBWBDK1 says:

Fantastic news!! I’m still sad about Siobhan though.

• Christina says:

My thoughts exactly! I knew it was coming , but it hurt way more than I expected it too.

Still happy about the renewal though!

• m3rcnate says:

I completely agree. TBH the death of Siobhan and in turn not seeing Trieste Kelly Dunn on Banshee actually hurts my watch-ability for the show. She really was my favorite part of the show for the exact reasons Michelle Lukes as Sgt. Richmond on Strike Back is. They are the easiest to root for and like characters… i am 100% on their side, and they are both awesome characters. Siobhan from the get-go was a bad-ass, her “love” story with Hood was awesome and i was totally rooting for them. Rebecca has gone off the deep end and is banging her uncle, Carrie is gross and not a good person IMO, so Siobhan was the shining light of all that’s good and damn sexy.
      It bares mentioning that they (TKD & ML) were the hottest by FAR on the shows, the most gorgeous and their “nude” scenes where glorious. By far the hottest, the coolest, the sweetest, the most likable female characters on both shows.

TBH i wont run straight to my PC when Banshee is able to be watched anymore because of the loss of Siobhan. It leaves a hole in the show/cast where the character with the heart was.

• CBWBDK1 says:

I couldn’t agree more.

• Liz says:

I couldn’t disagree more.

• Susie says:

Come on this is Banshee. Good character but not the heart of the show. The show is Hood and Carrie. Excellent cast, seriously love all of you, and probably the best show on TV. So happy it was renewed, I tell everyone I know to watch.

• wild_child says:

Funny you should say that since Carrie is one of the least liked characters on the show and the best episodes this season have been the ones she was not in or had a very limited part in.

• Jimmy says:

No one likes Carrie. The death of Siobhan is the most devestating experience I’ve ever gone through.

• canada says:

Everyone loves carrie; its your problem if a strong women makes u feel less like a man and more like a little boy.

• m3rcnate says:

I don’t mean heart of the show as in the nucleus (That’s Hood and Carrie)…she was the emotional heart of the show, in the way that she was the conscious…the heart…the one sweet, loving, caring, character. What i mean is when she is on screen, she is lovable, she is smart she was a really great woman…and you cant say that about any of the other characters. She didn’t really have a dark side or anything, she was the heart of the show (again not the center of the show, but the emotional heart).

• juntbloy says:

Lol. She is a good actor but the show can go on with out her.

• juntbloy says:

Also i like carrie. Shes badass

2. mike says:

After what happened in the last episode, I’m not sure I want another season. I really hate when they kill of the pretty ones. Sara was bad enough (arrow) but now this. At least Rebecca is still around

• will says:

Nola Longshadow was the other beaut. Epic fight between her and Burton. Both will be missed. One of the best cable TV series on right now. Subscribe to Cinemax just for this show and for Strike Back.

• juntbloy says:

Sarah had to die for laurel to take over. even though i like sarah way more but thats how the story is suppose to go

3. Only 8 episodes?? Does that mean it will be it’s last season?? Love this show!

4. James D says:

I’m not surprised. Even though they just killed off my favorite character I’m glad the story will continue on. It’s a crazy show but it is definitely an entertaining one.

5. Casto says:

I wonder where it will be filmed and the impact of changing location will be. The first 3 seasons were all filmed in and around Charlotte, NC but I am pretty sure they aren’t coming back after the state got rid of all the tax breaks.

6. drhenning says:

Due to the loss of NC tax incentives, they have to find a new place to shoot the show. It’s been in and around Charlotte for the first 3 seasons.. Maybe they’ll actually find someplace in PA to film????

7. DavidSask says:

One of my favorite cable shows after Shameless!

8. Kelly says:

YEAH! Was starting to worry they weren’t going to renew it. Scared that with only 8 episodes it will be the last, though. Favorite show on TV right now besides Walking Dead!!!

9. rachelle says:

Banshee is the best show on tv that “everyone” isn’t watching. I always say that and I freaking mean it. This show is just fantastic. I got my sister into it and I’m so happy she listened to me! Otherwise, I’d have no one in my life I could talk to about the craziness in this show.

10. Joe says:

This season’s shows are awesome and it keeps building…can we please have more than 10 episodes, like maybe 20??

11. mota1 says:

This is by far the most innovative and inthralling series Cinemax has to offer. I was hooked season 1 Ep1. Please never let it go away.

12. tfulks says:

Great news! The show must go on. Excellent series, maybe the best.

13. WTH says:

You all killed Siobhan??? Are you guys crazy???? She brought light to the show. The one love story everyone was looking forward to??!!! I know you guys were trying to push the Carrie thing but they don’t have the right chemistry. Why get rid of the one person who had the right chemistry with Hood???? I can’t believe this…

14. alk says:

Banshee and Longmireng

15. Barbara says:

Great news about re-newel. It’s the only reason I pay for this channel and I love main characters. Now, if the writers would please lighten up on the blood and gore I’d be thrilled.

• Drukin says:

Hey come on ,the blood & gore are the main reasons I watch,, Best I’ve seen ,and I’m a conossuir ,,lol, no but I do like the blood and gore.

16. S. Ross says:

HBO made a big mistake, IMO by squeezing Boardwalk Empire into a truncated 8 episode season. Development and continuity suffered and everything seemed rushed. Reconsider, Cinemax; don’t make a similar mistake with the quality of Banshee!

17. A.Bundy says:

i cant wait for season 4!!! season 3 episode 3 got me a testosterone rush! that feminist throat rip was breathtaking!

18. netnighthawk says:

Producers need to stick with Hood in his super hero role and cut out the stupidity of letting some of the main characters die, especially those he has had relations with, like the two beautiful women they have killed off. And the scene catching with the big Indian asleep; put a bullet in his head immediately and be done with it. I mean, who in their right mine would want that guy to wake up on them!!…lol.

19. Pati says:

I love the show there is so much craziness going on, there are so many story arcs going at once but I absolut love it. I just hate that so many people die, still upset about Siobhan

20. joanne says:

So happy it’s been renewed, but! not happy with only 8 episodes, really! even 10 not
    enough.
    Love Lucas Hood, brilliantly played by Antony Starr and Cinemax other show Strike Back
    is also another brilliant show.

21. Morgan says:

I’m guessing it’ll be the end of Banshee unfortunately, only 8 episodes next season?
    Makes me sad, I love that show.

22. nate says:

Damn right, greatest show on TV by far. Excited every Friday night to watch or record and watch Saturday morning. Hood and Job are unreal. Good to know there’ll be a season 4. The wait until after season 3 is over, until 2016 is gonna blow…..however, I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait. Cheers

23. Jeff says:

Why only 8 episodes ordered for Season 4? It may be a sign that the show’s plot is coming to a natural end. There really isn’t much else to keep Hood in Banshee. The Stowe story line can only end up with Carrie, Job, Sugar and/or Stowe (or perhaps all of them) getting killed. It will probably come to a head by the end of this season, or at least it should. The show will finally run its course when Hood finally dispenses with Proctor (and now Rebecca), which was Hood’s reason for coming to Banshee in the first place.

24. lee says:

I hope the 4th isnt its last.. Such an awesome show. Binge watched all 27 episodes in 4 days while i was sick. couldnt stop watching!!

• Drukin says:

Best episodes, the Jason Stathem look a like,, he really lost his head !!
      And the scrap with the cage fighter,,
      Third best equal,, Burton ripping out the birds throat,, she was gagging for it .!!

25. Drukin says:

Second best show on TV after Game of, And third best ever to Deadwood.
    Banshee great tongue in cheek stories ,I loved the Jason Stathem homage,,!
    And Burtons fight in and out of the car was excellent.
    Great over the top violence ,don’t think there’s been an episode without cuts and bruises on Hoods face,,lol.
    Can’t stand his daughter tho,, I know ,I know she’s only acting up because of her home life but really she needs a spanking, and how come two such good looking people had a pug ugly brat like that ,she’s got a face a dog wouldn’t lick.

26. Burks Guide Atlanta says:

like the show but really loved the action series Cinemax had and need to see more beef for sure on the screen and all that goes with it…Congrats to the renewal and yes we will for sure be watching…..

27. Ray Toney says:

we love Banshee and could watch it every day. Hope to see it coming back again and again..

28. Tim says:

Great show!

29. Sandra says:

Please kill off Rebecca!! Still sad about Deputy Kelly and Nola.

30. nath says:

awesome news, love this show… really looking forward to season 4

31. Bernard weintraub says:

Enjoy the show,worth another season,season 3finale certainly invites a continuation

32. B.J. Elam says:

Banshee, If it were up to me I would have it on every week from now on. I LOVE it, I even got my husband watching it. I ordered cinamex just to get Banshee!!! Everyone is super fantastic at thier jobs and who they play. I thought I was hooked on Justifed but this is way way above # 10 for me.
    If I have to wait till 2016 I dont think I’ll make it. Can you believe a 61 year old lady is so crazy about a show and all the eye candy dont hurt either! HURRY BACK SOON.
    Thank you B.J.

33. Christo says:

I really hope they keep going after season four. I have never missed an episode. Im hooked to banshee like my wife is hooked to vampire diaries :)
    Please keep em coming cinemax

34. chris says:

I’m bummed season 4 of Banshee is only gonna b 8 episodes!!!! I want to watch it all year long

35. Michele says:

Banshee is the best show ever love all the characters
    would love more episodes so cool

36. myankee286 says:

only 8 episodes that is horrible atrocious. They should at least have 10 episodes. I agree they should really have 13 but 10 is the minimum. 8 is just unacceptable.

37. Christo says:

Having to wait for a year for 8 episodes is a disaster. There should have been at least 20 episodes per season, 10 for the first half of the year and 10 for the remaining 6 months of the year. This would have boosted viewer ratings because then you have banshee constantly which is a good thing for all fans and new fans to come. I hope season 4’s eight episodes is not the last of this awesome series

38. Cheryl Hesse says:

Love this show! Keeps you on the edge with every episode! It has not been on for the last 2 weeks. Is it over for the season and when will it start again?

39. Phaedra Mitsopoulos says:

I love banshee totally addicted now just started telling everybody about how awesome the show is love the brilliant mind that came up with such a story line

40. Geoffrey irungu says:

The best movie ever!!!!!!

41. Geoffrey irungu says:

Hey i would like to thank all the participants in the movie.Banshee cant be compared to any movie.2016 To reach quick.The movie to go 1000000 seasons.I love it.

42. Maydelin says:

Banshee, action, entertaining and good drama, can’t wait for season 4

43. Kathy and Lester Dean says:

I’m very addicted to Banshee! Please don’t ever end.
    My other addictive show has been discontinued (Strike Back) and I am so bummed out about it. Each time I get into a new show they cancel it.

44. Jo says:

Banshee is the best show ever. I can’t wait to see what happens next!!! 5 star show.

45. RJ says:

Please please please do not discontinue Banshee!! The best series ever. Please reconsider another season after season 4!

46. David says:

Banshee!!! Absolutely love this show! Action packed and keeps you on the edge of your seat..so happy about the new season!

47. Why are y’all taking off Banshee it was the best show ever we look forward to see it when it comes on its so good we watch the reruns all the time when I first watched it I told people about it they watched it and got hook on it like I was and we couldn’t wait for it to come back and now y’all taking it off.Boo…..