Exclusive

Person of Interest Casts Vikings' Katheryn Winnick as Bounty Hunter

Katheryn Winnick Person of Interest

Katheryn Winnick is set to guest-star on CBS’ Person of Interest as a woman who just might make Vikings‘ badass Lagertha proud.

Winnick recently teased her visit to the CBS drama via Instagram (as seen below). TVLine has since learned that she will appear in Episode 18 of POI‘s current season as Frankie Wells, a resourceful, relentless bounty hunter who enjoys her job of chasing down bad guys perhaps a bit too much.

Winnick’s other previous TV credits include Nikita, The Glades and a pot-stirring run on Bones.

Person of Interest continues Season 4 on Tuesday at 10/9c, with Episode 15. Vikings premieres its third season on Thursday, Feb. 19.

1. Cue “At least she’s not coming back to Bones” bitter posts in 3…2…1…

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Season 10 finale cliffhanger: Hannah shows up with Booth’s 4-year-old son. Little SJ (Seeley Jr.) needs a critical transplant of some sort from Dad — but the procedure could kill Booth!

2. m3rcnate says:

They are fools if they didn’t try to get her as a series regular cast member first. She’s on Vikings (and amazing on it) but wow she could take over and fill Sarah Shahi’s shoes in the “badass/kickass/cool/sexy” agent department. She is just primed to be a series regular on a show as a spy or agent or soldier or something. She has the look, the skills (martial arts pro), etc.

3. Babygate says:

Love Lagertha so this is welcome. Looking forward to it. The series reall does need a shot of life without Shaw and with an MIA Root. Last night’s episode was so incredibly boring that I am really considering giving up on it. Shaw’s departure left a huge gap and Root is not the same without her to play off of. And do we even know if she’s coming back? Because if she isn’t I’m done with this show for sure. POI is in need of some female badassery. Pronto.

• Diva DIary says:

Good riddance, you should just go. Last night was a filler, but a good filler. If your already complaining about it this much, then leave. POI was good before Shaw and it will be fine without her. Shaw was my favorite character, but I’m not going to complain about how I miss her every week.

• 1TNT Mom says:

Sarah Shahi is pregnant with twins. I hope she comes back. Although I do miss Tarji P. Henson’s character. She was killed off and yet there are more new characters.

• SayWhatNow! says:

I thought last night’s episode was pretty good and that’s testimony to good writing that you can carry on a show even though you don’t have Shaw and Root there and besides from the promo photos for the next episode I think Root is back so there you have your female badassery.

4. Dean says:

with the preview of Vikings a few days ago and the fact Winnick is in this role makes me worried of the shield maiden’s future.

• Douces says:

Season 3 is done shooting, so I don’t see why this would be a sign of anything. They only film for 6 months a year. She’s just fitting in some projects in between seasons (she also recently finished filming a movie, Geostorm, opposite Gerard Butler).

5. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

Oh My God she is so gorgeous I didn’t even recognise her! She is stunning in Vikings, is the make-up team making her look uglier for the show? And wow 2 of my favourite things are coming together!!! She has a black belt in something or other and was a bouncer or did person security. She is an honest to goodness real life Bad-Ass! I love her so much I will forgo my mounting issue with PoI which is the glaring lack and poor depiction of PoC.

6. juno says:

the number of badass women in this show is astounding! Carter, Shaw, Root, Kara, Martine, Zoe, Dani, Brooks and now this bounty hunter..wooh! While I wait for Shaw’s return and (also Root) I’m just gonna enjoy watching these women kick ass..I just love this show so much.

7. superCoderOne says:

Kathryn Winnick! Yummy.

8. Jose says:

I LOVE Vikings and really like POI…. but instead of staying here why not try her luck as a wildling princess north of the wall

9. dude says:

She will always be Holly from Student Bodies…

10. She is so beautiful I have to say, her blond hair and blue eyes are just amazing!

11. Peg kruger says:

Loved seeing Katheryn Winnick on Person of Interest! Largetha was awesome!

12. John says:

Katheryn Winnick , IMO should be a permanent cast member of person of interest !

13. Parnelli Sampson says:

I could not believe Katheryn is on one of my fav shows. I have to agree with most of the supportive posts and for all you Katheryn lovers I was doing some lookalike research…she might have twin sisters. Google the following two…simply amazing: Melanie Collins is doing co-hosting of this season’s Big Break – looks just like our Viking Queen; Charlotte McKinney is the model who just got booted from Dancing With the Stars – again an amazing likeness. Tell me I’m wrong about this.