Mistresses Scoop: Jennifer Esposito Snags Major Season 3 Role

Mistresses Cast Jennifer Esposito

Is Mistresses about to enter its Blue Period?

Jennifer Esposito (Blue Bloods, Taxi Brooklyn) has landed a series-regular role on Season 3 of Mistresses. The actress will play the “new mistress” of ABC’s summer soap, the “uber-fabulous and larger-than-life” Calista Raines — a woman who’ll step into the role of “friend, mentor and surrogate sister” to Jes Macallan’s Joss following the exit of that character’s actual big sis Savi (Alyssa Milano).

Calista, the Creative Director of a luxury fashion brand who has a correspondingly high-class socialite lifestyle, posses a wicked sense of humor and style. Beneath the glossy surface, however, Esposito’s character will struggle with loneliness, and her “fun eccentricities will cloak a darker, more devious nature.” Over the course of the season, in fact, Calista will draw Joss “deeper and deeper into a world of secrets and betrayal.”

Mistresses is undergoing some significant changes between Seasons 2 and 3: Milano exited following the decision to move the production from Los Angeles to Vancouver. Esposito’s character will now anchor the action along with Macallan (who plays Joss), Rochelle Aytes (sexy single mom April) and Yunjin Kim (as legendary hot mess Karen).

Excited about Esposito as a new Mistress? Hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. MJ says:

Wow….I was going to give up on this show after Milano left, but they just pulled me back. I love Jennifer Esposito.

2. Steve says:

So she can work full time again? Didnt she quit Blue Bloods because she couldnt work on a regular basis anymore?

3. cyrax86 says:

Interesting choice, I gave up on Blue Bloods not long before her untimely departure…

4. Jennifer says:

I may start watching again. I love Jennifer Esposito. I was ticked when they fired her from Blue Bloods. I loved her – and her chemistry – with Donnie Wahlberg.

5. cdhaskell says:

I wanted to wish Jennifer Esposito all the luck in the world.

6. greg says:

Glad she got another series, did not like the way CBS treated her!! Good luck Jennifer!!

7. Babygate says:

Dang it! Now I have to watch. Just when I had totally given up on the show. Love Esposito. Looking forward to seeing her on the screen.

8. Georgia says:

GREAT NEWS! She’ll be a welcome addition to this series. Can’t wait to see her back on a series! She was terrific on Bluebloods and I miss her being Danny’s sidekick.

9. I think the show will be cancelled this season. It will not be any good without Alyssa. Don’t get me wrong I like Esposito, and was sad when she left Blue Bloods, but come on……people! I will not be watching, good bye.

10. Ian says:

I thought Alyssa’s Savi had a lot of grounding as a character though. It made her drama more investable. And Alyssa’s presence onscreen is such a must-see for me.
    I love Jennifer too, but a socialite character and a show like this… Its just not her. This, combined with the Harry/Joss foolishness last season, means I won’t be watching this anymore. Too bad.

I hope Alyssa lands another show soon. One that will stay in LA, lol.

11. Matty says:

I’ve never watched this show, but I really like Jennifer Esposito.

12. MattySi. says:

She didn’t come to mind when I was casting the new mistress in my head but I love this idea. This new season should be great.

13. Samara says:

I like her, I think she’ll be a good replacement.

14. Zenobia Jackson says:

Does that mean that TAXI BROOKLYN is official cancelled? The show had promise.

15. ATB says:

This is great casting! I have loved Jennifer Esposito since she was on Related (1 season show that aired on The WB in 2005). I think she will fit in nicely with the other ladies.

16. lqza says:

So glad to see her back on TV. She was the best partner for Danny on Blue Bloods and treated very unfairly by them in my opinion.

17. seawing says:

i don’t watch the show. I was a fan of the original and see no reason to watch an American remake. But, I am so glad that Jennifer Esposito is working again. I think Blue Blood treated her horribly.

18. Jared says:

I was seriously thinking about not returning for S3 based on Alyssa Milanos absence but I LOVE Jennifer Esposito. I’ll atleast give it a try.

19. John says:

Awesome! Loved her on blue bloods, haven’t watched the show since they fired her. Haven’t aeen Mistress, but now will have to watch the previous episodes and seasons before Esposito comes on.

20. IMHO says:

This is great news for the show and for Jennifer Esposito !
    I stopped watching Blue Bloods after Jennifer Esposito left the show. CBS handled the entire situation horribly.

21. love her= loved her on Blue Bloods= she’ll do a great job- I’m excited for her and the series!

22. Lauren says:

Hope she doesn’t get fired for being sick again.

23. Ram510 says:

I don’t know how she’s gonna fit, I just don’t know if this is the right person for that particular role but I’ll be watching anyhow, Mistresses is great

24. Oooooo…..good call! I was wondering who they would ever get to fill that void, but I love her! I’ll probably be MORE excited to watch than I was before.

25. Karen says:

I’ve always loved Jennifer so I’m glad to see her back in action on a fun/sexy tv show.

26. melissa says:

Milano will definitely be missed, but esposito is a good addition, i look forward to the 3rd season

27. Sarah says:

No. I am not excited. She is vanilla. I’m sad Milano won’t be back.

28. Sima says:

I am so excited to see her on mistress. I loved Jennifer for a long time, She is a great actress with lots of potential and was very sad when she got fired from Blue bloods. I can’t wait to see what they do with her character on Mistress’s.

29. Stephanie says:

This is great love her Blue Blood’s.

30. colleen1008 says:

Loved Jennifer on “Blue Bloods.” Looking forward to her turn on “Mistresses.”

31. Jillian says:

I started watching Mistresses because of Alyssa Milano and I absolutely loved the show. With how it ended last season, I just can’t continue to watch without her.

32. Elise Ferri says:

So happy to hear all this good news.

33. tina says:

Can’t wait till it returns
    And good bye Alyssa on with the new ;-)

34. Kathleen D'Avella says:

I watched Jennifer on Blue Bloods and thought she was a great actress…now hearing this great news about her starting on Mistresses is even better. So happy she is back on tv… can’t wait to watch!!

35. Loved Alyssa, so sad to see her go! Also love the possibility of Harry and Joss FINALLY getting together! When will the show begin again? Such great writers! Make it hotter and sexier please!!

36. kaylakakes says:

I love Jennifer. I miss her on Blue Bloods. I was planning on giving up on the show after the finale with Joss ditching her wedding for her sister’s ex-husband, and when I found out Alyssa Milano was leaving the show. But maybe I’ll give it another shot. I’ll decide when I start seeing some commercials for the new season.

37. JENNIFER says:

When does it air again?

38. Trish says:

Absolutely ENTHRALLED with this news! “Blue Bloods” was never the same after Jen was forced to leave. She and “Danny” were perfect partners. You cannot buy that kind of chemistry :) BETS: “Mistresses” will be even BETTER now! As long as Savvy’s beau is still in the picture – not the ex-husband. The beau. Lawd.

39. I was very pleased to read that Jennifer would be on Mistresses. I have enjoyed that show and was worried that it might end. She will be a big asset to the show.

40. Fan says:

Love her. Glad to see her back on TV. Now I have to watch mistresses. BUT WHO WILL BE WATCHING THE BAKERY ?????

41. Marge says:

I totally agree with the many comments on what a great actress Jennifer Esposito is. She was so great for the role of Danny’s partner in Blue Bloods. She was perfect because she could pull off the Brooklyn in her and carry it out. She and Danny had such chemistry, not really seen much these days on T.V.. CBS treated her terribly. She deserves to have this new role. I’m sure she’ll do great. Love her in anything she’s in. A side line, none of Donny’s other partners come near to her ability.

• Burks Guide Atlanta says:

so true so true……its obvious Jennifer was meant for that role and her chemistry with Donnie…Priceless!

42. peanut says:

Nah.. I am done. The whole show is a hot mess.

43. debbie says:

Jennifer Esposito…she is such a great actress. I too loved her on Blue Bloods; although I have continued to watch because of the great writing and tear-jerker episodes. I also love watching Mistresses and was getting tired of Milano. Jennifer will be a great addition and shake things up a bit.

44. Loved her on Blue Bloods……….bring her back

45. Burks Guide Atlanta says:

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes we were sad when she left Blue Bloods and glad to see her back again and now on mistresses this will be amazing…We love Allysa don’t get us wrong but we love love love Jennifer for sure and hope this means a hot spicy season ahead along with a few more to go! We watched the brit series so this is going to be interesting the american series of course different angles and changes.

46. Daisy says:

I can’t wait!!!!
    im excited to see what is waiting for us in season 3! I was constantly wondering how Savi (Alyssa Milan’s character) would exit the show, either by death or some type or drama.

47. Michelle says:

I absolutely loved this show… The only reason I started watching it was because of Alyssa Milano. I’ve always liked her, so disappointed she won’t be back, it totally ruins the show.

48. Luella says:

Seems to me that Jennifer Esposito doesn’t “stick it out”. Quit Blue Bloods due to her disease then went to Broadway and now here. Not looking forward to her joining the cast, but we shall see. Incidently, I have a friend with Celiac disease and she never missed a day of teaching first graders and continues today even though she is in her late 60’s — I guess it’s all in your work ethics.

49. Diane Elizabeth Butler says:

I really hope “Mitresses” comes through for as many seasons as they can on ABC. Promotions is crucial!!!!!!! I love you guys.