Exclusive

Extant Adds Transparent Actress as 'Morally Ambiguous' Robot

Extant Season 2 Cast Kiersey Clemons

Might Extant‘s Humanichs program have some not-quite-above-board competition?

That’s one conclusion you can draw from the CBS series’ latest casting: Kiersey Clemons (Transparent) will recur in Season 2 as a lifelike robot who’s “a bit morally ambiguous,” TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Peterson Riff

Lucy is attractive and fun but also “an unpredictable wildcard” — per the official character description — whose loose sense of right and wrong is a result of her creators’ skipping important stages in her development. (See? All of those hours Humanichs founder John spent telling his android son Ethan not to kill things were important.)

Clemons currently plays Sophia on MTV’s Eye Candy. In addition to Transparent, her other credits include Austin & AllyCSI, Shake It Up! and the feature film Dope, which was a popular selection at this year’s Sundance Film Festival.

RELATED CBS Orders Bradley Cooper-Produced Limitless Drama Pilot

The revamped series is in the process of beefing up its cast, adding David Morrissey (The Walking Dead) Monday and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Grey’s Anatomy) at the end of January.

Extant is expected to return this summer.

1. ... says:

Curious what this means for her role in Eye Candy. Is she getting killed off? Or does she think/know they’re not getting another season?

• CK says:

I was thinking the same thing. I think she’s one of the bright spots of the show. She is underused at the moment, not as much as George, who should be in most of the scenes, so I could see her getting bumped off close to the (series??/season) finale. Maybe they should replace the Lindy/Tommy “will they or won’t they” scenes with some Sophia and George adventures.

2. behzadbyhimself says:

Her career’s really taken off since Transparent season 1. She’s also in the film Dope this year.I hope she does well, reminds of young Lisa Bonet with her look and voice.

• Lakeshow831 says:

I can’t wait to see her film Dope. Heard so many great things. I wonder if EyeCandy will be renewed for season 2. Add in Transparent season 2 and things are looking huge for her.

3. Cousin O'yaya says:

Good for her and Good for Extant, with all this casting news i’m wondering if there going to release the next season earlier.I think they should release it earlier I without competition from under the Dome.

4. everyone should be watching eye candy on tv live to get the ratings up .. on monday nights at 10/9C on mtv

5. smalltalk76869 says:

i agree with you CK. George is a great character. he’s funny and totally someone i would want to see more. kiersey clemons is my fav on the show. she pops off the screen to me and my friends nd i think she should star in her own show. she’s wayyyy better than VJ

• hud says:

Accepting any role in this lousy show could put an end to a career. This is a Halle Berry vanity piece, nothing more.Yes I watched all the ep. hoping for improvement. Little more than Berry looking scared,awed,shocked. And how creepy is that kid? No more for me.