Exclusive

Vampire Diaries Video: Damon Slips Jeremy a Surprise Going-Away Present

Loading video...

Say it with me now: Jeremy Gilbert graduates! Jeremy Gilbert graduates!

Despite Elena’s little cousin brother’s countless absences and apparent inability to spell the word “cat,” TVLine’s exclusive sneak peek from Thursday’s Vampire Diaries (The CW, 8/7c) finds Jeremy donning a graduation cap and receiving his diploma — with a little help from Damon and Elena, of course.

In a moment of oddly adorable bonding, Damon also sneaks a special gift (from Jo’s “stash”) into Jeremy’s cap.

“Tell your sister, and I’ll kill you,” he says. “Again.” (Oh, are we joking about that now?)

As previously — and heartbreakingly — reported, Thursday’s episode marks Steven R. McQueen’s final hour as a series regular.

Hit PLAY on the preview clip above, then drop a comment below: Will you miss Jeremy?

1. Jeff hunter says:

Sorry to see him go from the show being the Batman fan I am,CD”Mon Night wing!

2. AWW says:

DELENA & JEREMY ARE OT3!!!! IM GONNA MISS THEIR SCENES SO MUCH.

3. ICE says:

Love him so much! VD is going down hill!

4. wrstlgirl says:

Dare I say what I though when I read this headline. Oy Vey :-)

5. Samara says:

A TV death that affected me the most even above the ‘Red wedding’ was when Jeremy died. I was glad to see him back, but when he was brought back much like Alaric and Enzo, the writers did not know what to do with him. I will surely miss him

6. sunce says:

Oh, Damon being oh so funny as always. NOT. Run Jeremy, run as fast as you can. Or your caring sister will release her oh so funny boyfriend at you.

7. Tran says:

Now that TVD already renewed for a seventh season, the execs at CW should think about planning a proper final season for the series.

8. Josh says:

Jeremy goes to high school?

9. ChrisGa says:

Guess The Eye Candy Three—Jeremy, Tyler and Matt—are now reduced to Two(although seeing as how Enzo has been just as useless this season as those three typically are, maybe he can take his spot in the group :) ).

Either way, can’t say I’ll miss him terribly. Steven R. McQueen is a beauty from head to toe and he should definitely continue to work out that sick body because, sorry to say, I don’t think acting is his strong suit.

10. jill says:

Steven will be missed because he is very importanpart to Elena and we got use to him since the beginning of the serie.
    We fall in love with the character and if u just take him away and bring another character Well the serie will never be the same. Some chatacters have to prevail along the storie.

11. Derpotron says:

What did Damon give him??????

12. yes I would definetly miss Jeremy.

13. DonnaMama says:

hope at least he gets to see Bonnie before he goes, does anyone know why he is leaving, another show? he wanted out? they (EP) let him go?