Sia Enlists Kristen Wiig for 'Chandelier' Performance at 2015 Grammy Awards

With trusty Dance Moms protégé Maddie Ziegler by her side, Sia — the artist of many faces, and often no faces at all — set the Grammy Awards stage on fire Sunday.

Of course, Ziegler wasn’t Sia’s only special guest this evening; Saturday Night Live vet Kristen Wiig — yes, that Kristen Wiig — also danced along to “Chandelier.” (Move over, Lena Dunham!)

Seriously, though, who knew Wiig was such a phenomenal — not to mention emotional — dancer?

Even before taking the stage, Sia and Ziegler had heads turning (and scratching) on the red carpet when they showed up in matching wigs; Sia’s, naturally, was so big that it covered her entire face.

Your thoughts on Sia and Ziegler’s latest pairing — not to mention the incredible addition of Wiig? Rewatch the clip and then grade the performance below, then drop a comment with your full critique.

1. Alana says:

that was the first true “Grammy moment” of the night. amazing.

2. Stacy barry says:

Kristen Wiig – phenomenal. Who knew?

3. Jely says:

Wow!!! Best performance of the night goes to Kristen Wiig. Blew my mind.

4. girl hasn’t moved me like that since the Six Feet Under series finale. she is something else

5. I kept asking myself “Is that….nah….wait, is that, yeah…nuh-uh, Is that Kristen Wiig!?” Not until I was on Twitter and Variety Latino asked: “Is that Kristen Wiig?” in Spanish. I was like damn, it’s not just me. That was a head scratcher. :) Thanks for confirming.

6. Tamara says:

Kristin Wiig has a new gig, cracking us up doing the Sia jig. Loved it! Maybe she will host next year’s Grammy awards.

• Jobless says:

That was’t supposed to make you laugh.

• Alienate says:

Thanks for posting that. If she wanted a laugh, it should have been watching Kanye do his autotune schick.

• sammyfinbar says:

There was definitely humour in the performance. I think what made it so great is that one minute you are laughing with Kristen and the next she pulls you into this sort of dark deeply emotional place. It certainly wasn’t a solemn, serious affair but rather an exciting, emotional rollercoaster. The young girl had moments of humour throughout too (great comedic timing) and it was great to watch them interact so seamlessly. A beautiful piece.

7. kma says:

I had a feeling it was Kristen Wiig. Good song but really impressed with her as a dancer and she is not known as a dancer. She did about as good as the little girl who is some kind of prodigy of dance.

8. imo says:

so I’m not crazy!

9. Mika02 says:

I liked the version on Dancing better

10. i thought the addition of wiig was strange. I don’t doubt her versatility, but for the majority of the performance, I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or not.

11. Ro says:

I have no idea who Sia is, but Kristen Wiig was awesome. At first I thought it was Carrie Preston (Elsbeth Tascioni from the Good Wife).

• Joey says:

Sia has been making phenomenal music for over 20 years. You should go back and check out her entire catalogue of music.

12. Julia says:

Kristin Wiig was awesome! I was distracted by her dancing the whole time that I missed the ‘message’ because I just kept thinking – watch Kristin…holy crap.

13. Nathan Groce says:

Her voice is like a higher power to my ears.