Rosie O'Donnell Exits The View, Again

Rosie Quits The View

Rosie O’Donnell is again parting ways with The View, with the coming week being her last.

Explaining the abrupt exit, the talk host’s publicist said in a statement, “Rosie and her wife Michelle [Rounds] split in November. Rosie has teens and an infant at home that need her attention…. She is putting her personal health and family first.”

O’Donnell’s decision comes just weeks after an unsubstantiated report made rounds that Rosie Perez was vacating the daytime talker’s dais.

ABC News, under whose domain The View currently resides, issued its own statement on the split, touting O’Donnell as “an immensely talented star who comes in each and every morning brimming with ideas, excitement and passion.

“When [Rosie] told us that she wanted to exit The View, we respected and understood her desire to put her well-being and her family first,” ABC News’ statement continued. “We’re delighted she’s still part of the ABC family with upcoming guest appearances on [ABC Family’s] The Fosters. And we know she’ll return to The View often with her unique point of view and updates on her work and her family.”

O’Donnell first cohosted The View during its 2006-07 cycle. In 2011, she launched The Rosie Show on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network, but that lasted less than a year. She rejoined The View for Season 18, which premiered in September 2014.

Will you miss Rosie’s View on things?

1. DJ says:

Thank god.

2. Kim says:

Do people still watch this show???

3. Tran says:

It would have been a whole lot worse if Rosie O’Donnell was going to be a potential front runner to replace Bob Barker as the new host of The Price is Right and NOT Drew Carey. The execs at ABC Daytime still has a Plan B whether or not they should finally end The View in the worst way possible.

4. Dan says:

I love Rosie O’Donnell. I think a woman that will say what she thinks is an inpiration and a good role model for women and my daughter. I’ve watched the view since I had small infant at home. I will say though I never felt joy from Rosie this go round. Perhaps its the timing of this all in her personal life. That said I will reiterate that I respect her and her point of view.

5. behzadbyhimself says:

The fact that this show can’t seem to keep its host says a lot about how bad the behind-the-scenes is. This is exactly why The Talk has outdone them, those women actually look like they get along!

6. Brandy says:

Why the face? Can’t they keep anyone on this show?

They need to get 5 people who have good chemistry and actually want to stick around.

7. Connie says:

i will truely miss her
    i like her much better than Rosie Perez
    but i know she cares about her family
    miss you already Rosie O’Donnell

8. Karen says:

I love Rosie! She’ll find the right spot. Good for her to be taking care of herself first.. Maybe back to Sirius?

9. She can’t hold onto a wife or a job.

10. Drew says:

I am shocked!
    Not really. The show will be canceled any minute now.

11. Lane says:

Love Rosie!! Won’t be watching or dvring the show anymore

12. lainey says:

Rosie is the only good one left.

13. RMR says:

I’m not bit surprised. That show is filled with huge egos matrons. Cancel it already!

14. Brenda says:

Oh that’s awesome, now I will watch again. Can’t stand Rosie O’Donnell!!!

15. Z says:

Thank God! I hate her so much

16. mc says:

So we have American Idol or The Voice where people watch out for which ones are in. Then here’s The View where we watch out for who would exit the show.

17. Kelly says:

Can she take the other Rosie with her? Both of them seemed to have turned the show into something else. I miss the old days when it was fun to watch. What happen?

18. kenneth says:

Rosie was great at speaking her mind on things she knew absolutely nothing. I will miss the chuckles she brought me with her bumbling blow hole. Take care of your family Rosie it wont be the same without you

19. Simply wish too say your article is aas amazing. The clarity on your submit is just
    spectacular and i could assume you’re a professional
    on this subject. Well with your permission let me to snatch your RSS feed to stay
    up to date with imminent post. Thank you 1,000,000
    and please continue the gratifying work.

20. DB says:

Did anyone catch The Soup making fun of the ridiculous segment where ladies (I think they were guests/guest hosts?) on The View arguing about how to pronounce “egg”? Poor Rosie O looked like she clearly wanted to be somewhere else. It was painful to watch, I FELT her pain. No surprise here, it’s a good time to leave.

21. David4 says:

Cancel The View and just give Whoopie her own show.

22. Melanie says:

Please someone! If NBC is looking at revival of “Law and Order”, they can bring back “Parenthood”.

23. Barb R. says:

This show has turned into a giant commercial. It is more like the Home Shopping Network than a talk show. I am embarrassed for the hosts at some of the things they are made to say and do.

24. Jared says:

25. Larc says:

Rosie was smarter than anybody else on the show. If you don’t believe it, just ask her. ;)

26. billybobby says:

I want to like Rosie. But then she talks and….. ugh!

I don’t understand all this. If you can’t put up with the battles, don’t jump in.

I get the feeling there’s a little “push” involved….again.

Maybe the shine is over.

27. James says:

Dang…go get joy back!

28. Elle says:

I think I’ll survive.

29. m3rcnate says:

Cancel it and let “The Talk” be the “it” women around a table daytime talk show.

30. I hope ABC cancels The View!

31. Lara Ragonton says:

i loved the view without Rosie on it and am pleased that she is no longer going to be part of the staff. Whoopi has always done the best job as being the lead amongst the women on the show, and for the ratings I would say, it was a good idea.

32. Debbie says:

Yes, I really like Rosie O’Donnell. She is so full of life and she, I cannot explain it but I started watching the view again that she was on it. She makes you laugh and her point of view is right on

• dmalphurs says:

When i found out that Rosie O was going to be on the show i started dvring it. But now that is she leaving i won’t be watching it. I noticed that Rosie is not saying much on the some of the hot topics! Remember Rosie is a comedian too and she says what she feels strongly about the topics. Not all of us can do that so go Rosie!!

33. Ella J. Wade says:

I hate to see Rosie go. She could be condescending at times, but not as much Whoopie. So tired of her and her opinions. Love Nicolle, just wish she would be a little more conservative. Thought Rosie did a great job while Whoopie was out. Thought the show was at its best then. Bring back Joy B!

34. Kim R says:

Well, if the type of show ABC wants is one that has Whoopi at the helm, then I think Rosie is definitely making the right decision for her family & herself. I enjoyed The View the most when Whoopi was out due to her back & Rosie was moderating. It is night & day in the way if flows & in the way they all got to speak. If how many times Whoopi took over the conversations, shut everyone down & then threw to a commercial was a drinking game, we would all be loaded by the time the first guest came out. Passive aggressiveness is a pet peeve of mine & Whoopi operates just this way. I’m happy for Rosie not to have to sit there any longer. Can’t wait to see what she will do because I will be watching.

35. Ralph says:

Ding Dong, the Bitch is dead. Again!

36. Johnny Styles says:

Our long national nightmare is over.

37. Mary says:

Will miss her so much Rosie all I can say Is have a fun life take time for you your 52 you need to have somone to love you I know It’s hard for you with family and being busy all the time and that can put a strain on you and any marriage may God bless you In all you do don’t stay away to long remember out of sight out of mind you have been blessed to make peopl laugh and you have been gifted with lots of talen so don’t waste what God give you
    Remember your loved hurry back with you and Mario
    Mcstravick.shaw.ca

38. Kaye says:

Will miss her. Bring Joy Behar beck. And stop with the guest hosts who mess with the panel karma!

39. Xanna Don't says:

Until loyal viewers of All My Children and One Life To Live end their 3-year boycott of all things ABC and Disney, this show and the network as a whole will continue to tank. Bring back the soaps, and ABC will bring back the fans. Rosie is not stupid. Why stay with a sinking ship when there’s nothing she can do to keep it afloat?

• Mary says:

Haha that was funny. Sorry but based on how horrible the viewership of the online versions of these shows were and how ok abc does in the ratings overall I don’t think there is much of a boycott or soap fan base that cares. It was years ago people moved on. Heck the current soap they have doesn’t have strong ratings.

So while I thought it was to bad for fans their shows were cancelled I don’t think they have impact on abc’s overall success. The view just sucks.

40. HAP says:

I’m thinking that discussions about her exit have been underway for a while. Recall that when the rumors were flying that Rosie Perez was leaving, it was O’Donnell who emphatically stated that Perez was not leaving. Whoever started that rumor must have heard “Rosie” and bet on the wrong horse.

41. Me says:

42. Buck says:

Oh no. Now who is going to bully their guests who don’t fit with an ultra lib agenda?

43. Earl says:

Wow, some of these comments are negative and others are just hateful. All four of these hosts are articulate and intelligent, I think it is always difficult for anyone faced with family issues to also juggle work responsibilities.

Luckily, Rosie is in a financial situation where she can take a break to care for herself and her children. As for the ignorant comments about keeping a job and a wife–celebrities are always putting themselves out there to trust and love.

Many of you should count yourself lucky that you can hide behind screen names and spout vile rhetoric that is cruel and attacks her personally.

44. Jeanette says:

I will not miss her at all !! I admire her as a mother but can’t take her out spoken political views. And you could just see that she wanted to be in charge. I have been disappointed in the new show and I have at times found something else to watch. I used to watch this show every day. I love Whoopie and Nicole.

45. Kim Osmar says:

Will definately miss Rosie. Only reason I came back and I suspect will leave as she does. Had Whoopie been taken down a peg I believe things would have been different. You can tell by the way she answers Rosie to all the others. Always like yup, mmmmhmmm, yup. Like just disrespectful. The argument she and Rosie had about being a black woman, as Rosie said you don’t have to be black to understand but she flew off the handle. I liked her but not anymore. She never acted this way before Barbara left. I say get rid of her. I stand behind Rosies choice. IMHO. And I believe I am not alone. She needs to put her health and family first. Good for her.

46. Maria says:

The Show Has Suffered In The Past Years, With The Loss Of Meredith Viera, Joy Behar, Star Jones and now Rosie O’Donnell. These women are “Quality Celebrity’s” who brought a lot of maturity, knowledge, entertainment, passion, excitement, honesty, and garnered them “Respect and Praise” in the Broadcasting Industry. To hear the VIEW lose another great woman to the Brood, is sad and disheartening!!!!
    The Show is “Suffering” immensely!!!!!

47. PJK says:

Rosie I will miss you on the view, I have always loved you because I feel you don’t beat around the bush, you tell it like it is! Hope you have a happy healthy life, I for one will miss you very much!