Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Adds Tomorrow Person Luke Mitchell as Inhuman

Agents of SHIELD Luke Mitchell

The Tomorrow People‘s Luke Mitchell has (finally) teleported himself onto an equally groovy genre series — Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

As first reported by Marvel.com, the Aussie actor is joining the ABC drama as Lincoln, a charismatic Inhuman who has an important role to play in Skye understanding the true extent of her transformation.

As seen in the midseason finale, Skye — upon delivering the obelisk to the underground city — was exposed to Terrigen Mist, triggering her aforementioned transformation. Lest there be any doubt, the showrunners confirmed that Skye aka Daisy Johnson is, in fact, an Inhuman herself.

Mitchell’s previous TV credits also include Home & Away, Neighbours, H20: Just Add Water and the aborted midseason ABC series Members Only.

S.H.I.E.L.D. resumes Season 2 on Tuesday, March 3 at 9/8c.

1. Viv says:

Yes! Finally Luke Mitchell back on my screen! First those NBC renewals, now this… couldn´t be a better day! And I´m really excited about the Inhumans, curious how that´s gonna play out.

2. Wordsmith says:

Only a matter of time before somebody grabbed him up again. Glad to see it was SHIELD – I think he could fit in well with what they’ve built.

3. Olivia says:

That’s awesome. I really liked TTP and I think he’ll be a very good fit for S.H.I.E.L.D! Great news day for some of my fave shows :)

4. MeJ says:

Good to see the cast members found some new superhero digs for themselves. (Although Robbie Amell has been scarce on The Flash.) Luke Mitchell seems like he’ll be a good fit on AoS. There must have been some edict about getting more good-looking guys on the show…

• Lizo says:

I have a feeling Robbie will become more frequent as the season progresses and be pretty regular next season.

• tyranthraxus says:

I actually think that Luke probably would have been a better fit on Agent Carter. I wonder if he tested for any oft he roles there.

• LaPiquante says:

Agent Carter wrapped for the season, and who knows if there’s a season two? And I think he has too similar a look to Chad Michael Murray. He could act circles around the guy, but CMM has dibs on that show.

5. Joey Padron says:

happy Luke is back on TV in a great role! excited to see him on the show!

6. James D says:

Excellent. Glad to seem him back on TV

7. Lincoln = leader of a nation. It’s code for Black Bolt.

• sladewilson says:

I like that. Hope you’re right – we’ll know if he can’t speak… LMAO… I was thinking he might be Karnak…

• Josh says:

They’re not casting Blackbolt haha….They’re saving the Royal Family for a movie and they’re going to cast big names.

• Who could have imagined that Andy Dwyer would end up becoming Star-Lord? If Pratt can make the leap from a sitcom to a Marvel movie, why couldn’t this actor make the leap from Agents of SHIELD to the Inhumans movie as Blackbolt?

8. Samara says:

He’s awesome..might have to start watching this show

9. Lizo says:

Seriously?? More white men added to this show?? Come on Joss.

10. Alison says:

Thankgod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Lea says:

I was kinda hoping he would go to The Flash alongside Robbie Amell and Peyton Reed, but this will do.

• Blah says:

After watching the tomorrow people I cringed when they announced Robbie and peyton’s flash casting just because of how terrible they were together on ttp

Really happy for AoS though they could use a charisma hit after the loss of tripp

12. LaPiquante says:

I don’t know why it took so long for an American Television show to gobble him up, but I’m so glad somebody did!! He was the single best thing in The Tomorrow People, making the heavy stuff look easy. I’m so incredibly psyched to see what he does with the SHIELD folks.

13. Isobel says:

I’m glad he’s back on a tv series again, I’ve missed him :)

14. Gerri says:

Great news. I hope he becomes a series regular and joins Shield. I am also hoping there is just as much shirtless fighting as there was in The Tomorrow People.

15. Ash says:

Still wish The Tomorrow People was airing. but I’m totally fine with this. Me=Happy with this news