Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce Renewed for Season 2 at Bravo

Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce Series Premiere Preview

It seems the Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce still has many pages left to fill.

Bravo has renewed its first original scripted series for a 13-episode second season, the network announced Wednesday.

The series, which debuted in December, stars House‘s Lisa Edelstein as Abby McCarthy, a self-help author who finds herself navigating life as a single 40-something after her seemingly perfect career and marriage implode.

Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce has struck a chord with Bravo viewers with its sharp-witted humor and emotionally honest take on divorce and starting over,” Lara Spotts, senior vice president of development for Bravo Media, said in a statement. “We are extremely proud of the talent and creative team, and can’t wait to see what the future holds for Abby McCarthy.”

Production on Season 2 will begin this summer.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Stoked about this renewal news? Sound off in the comments!

1. Rowan says:

Congrats to everybody involved I guess, but for me this was one of the most disappointing shows of the season. A lot of work needs to be done to make this as good as it could be, including hiring a new casting director.

I hope they do something about Abby’s brother too, because on behalf of all my gay friends I’m appalled by how they’re portraying that relationship.

2. Luca says:

I´m so happy about this. Best show in a long time. I´m so glad we are getting 13 more episodes of this gem :D

3. Dean says:

Heard the ratings were poor. But congrats anyways at least Lisa Edelstein has decent work. She seemed to take a break after leaving House MD but its nice to see she’s up to something.

4. jj says:

i’m surprised by this, the show started off well but some of the storylines felt dumb and somehow the acting got worse and worse. Had to delete it off my dvr a couple weeks ago

• Alliko says:

Totally agree.

• Kelly says:

Kinda upset for the actors being stuck in a mediocre (at best) show for another year. Was desperate to see Lisa Edelstein in something decent and this isn’t it. As much as I love her I don’t think I can stick around for another season. It’s already sunk to the bottom of my DVR to watch list.

5. Steven says:

I’m hoping VH1 shows the same vote of confidence in their first scripted series as Bravo and E do.

6. Milaluna says:

Not surprised about this. The show is so good and getting so many great reviews. No way Bravo is letting this one go. Congratulations to the team

7. Samara says:

It’s not the best but it’s also not the worst, I’m happy it got renewed. I do enjoy it

8. Babygate says:

Cool! I mean, it’s not great tv but its entertaining enough and I like Lisa Edelstein. The show had a really rough start but it is amazing how much it improved once they got rid of Lila and introduced the Jo character. She’s a keeper for sure. Plus the lawyer lady has become more prominent and the ditzy girlfriend that sleeps with everyone is a little more in the background where she should be. But please, no more of the C. Thomas Howell character. He’s creepy and gross.

• Kelly says:

It’s funny cos I really miss Lyla, and Jo just doesn’t do it for me. Noxon is writing so much of herself into the new character that it’s awkward. Different strokes…

Agreed about Howell, but IMO there’s a serious lack of attractive, well written, male characters, period. Even Warren Christie is a boring, generic hunk. Adelstein’s character is just horrible.

• Lori brooks says:

So much better than the “real” news

9. Ray says:

Whyyy? It’s awfully done and the viewership is pitiful.

10. Sadly, not a fan says:

Too bad, though I am not surprised: the show has the Bravo branding all over it, and the new live plus rating system brings decent numbers. I mean, Edelstein is great and everything, but I would rather watch her being great in a better show. Or maybe I am just eternally spoiled by House.

11. maddy says:

The only way i would watch a second season is if they bring back Janeane Garafolo and get rid of the Delia character. She adds absolutely nothing to the show.

12. Ian says:

I enjoyed it a lot more earlier in the season, when it felt like a stronger show. But then they started making all these changes and bringing in more characters and got a bit all over the place.

I really miss Lyla too, and that 3 friend group at the beginning of the show, so I hope they get Janeane back and center the show again for this next season.

13. Jackie says:

Bravo for bravo. There are so few quality mature, tasteful, and edgy programs available for adults. This show portrays 40+ female characters in a realistic and empowering light. Stay the course. So many interesting programs disappear just as they get interesting. Don”t let that be you.

14. Suz says:

I’m very excited about the news! I’m a huge fan of the show. I love Abby’s character. Will yes, Jake no!

15. Jacq says:

To be honest, I mostly watch the show for the fashion.

Glad it’s coming back, even though I want to slap those kids silly!

16. Brynn says:

I Love this show :) I’m happy we get another season, but I hope Becca is not really preg I think it would be typical for a TV show, divorced older guy gets younger girlfriend preg when he’s about to get back together with wife, it’s been done, already seen it.

17. alexandra soukas says:

Genius!!!
    Ready for season 2!
    and 3 and 4 &&&&&&&…..

18. Beth says:

Thrilled that they have renewed this show for another season. I may not live in LA, but this Indiana girl, relates with this show, so much. Being “40something” and divorced, is tough!

19. Tina wheeler says:

BEST SHOW ON TV…CANT WAIT FOR SECOND SEASON

20. Alliko says:

What a disaster this show is. I heard that it’s not really renewed. That was a publiciy tactic, and now that the ratings didn’t increase, they’re stuck

21. Merdyant Saputra says:

i love the earlier episodes because They are juicy. but you know when come to the later on episodes it just to be hairy not that i hate it. But I still love it, also I am wondering that abby’s friend will be back again?

22. Gloria says:

This is by far one of THE best shows on right now. The entire cast is awesome and the writing is excellent. Thank you Bravo for such a great show. Can’t wait for season two

23. coneyro says:

The basic idea of the show is good, but it’s very low-tone. Not much action, and to much blah, blah talking. These women seem to have a very liberating morality. Why is sex on their minds constantly? Lyla is gone and she was the most interesting character. Hope the new season is a little more interesting. Developing the players into more than one dimensional figures would help. And putting some bite into the storylines wouldn’t hurt either. Just saying…

24. Sel says:

Love love love this show! So happy it got renewed!

25. Jeana says:

Please bring back Janean Garafolo!!! The “Jo” character ruins the show for me. They are all these interedting ladies with a lot of money, then there’s Jo. So annoying to watch

26. Jeana says:

Please bring back Lyla!!!!!! Jo doesn’t belong at all and is extremely annoying. Pains me to watch.

27. Ashley antonetty says:

I am excited to see season 2!!!! Yay! More Abby!

28. Dukester Fix says:

I love the show so happy there’s another season to look forward to. Stump on ladies.

29. Jennifer says:

THANK GOD BRAVO IS RENEWING ” Girlfriends Guide To Divorce”!! It literally is one of the BEST tv shows I’ve seen in Years! It’s REAL, FUNNY, WITTY, RAW! It has it all! And Each & every character plays role so dam well! TY BRAVO FOR THIS SHOW!

30. Jennifer says:

Want to say THANK YOU 2 Bravo for bringing us ” Girlfriends Guide To Divorce”!, it’s the BEST show I’ve seen in years! It’s FUNNY, WITTY&RAW BUT MOST OF ALL SO REAL! & ABBY, well, she’s AMAZING!

31. Julia says:

I’m all the way in Australia and still love this show! It’s trashy of course but brilliantly trashy! It’s like secretly reading those silly women’s magazines. Completely pointless but delicious escapism. I agree though about the cast change, I don’t like the new mate and I miss the weirdness of Garofalo. I also wish they’d found a more delicious, interesting black man. In fact they need more colour full stop! But fab 40 something show all said and done.

32. Lori brooks says:

I Absolutely love this show! Even my 9 yr old is obsessed. All the negative comments, get a life! Don’t watch it if you don’t like it! Please. ….can’t wait!

33. miranda says:

Will, Abby’s guy toy is THE SEXIEST man I’ve seen on TV in a long time. Tuning in just for him. The little boy is such a brat, very annoying. Guess there wouldn’t be much of a show if Abby and Jake had raised well mannered kids.

34. Kara says:

I didn’t turn it on for a few episodes…I was completely missing out! It’s the best show on TV! I can’t for next season.Thank you everyone involving in making this show!!!

35. Kara says:

I didn’t turn it on for a few episodes…I was completely missing out. It’s the best show on TV! I can’t wait for next season.Thank you to everyone involved in making this show.

• Melissa says:

Same here. I had DVR’d several shows and finally had time to watch the last three tonight! Googled immediately afterward to see when the new episodes start. Guess it won’t be till fall but I’ll be waiting with bated breath. Hope Becca is not pregnant, routing for Abby and Jake. Despised Delia’s character in the beginning but love her now, she’s amazingly talented. This is one show that can actually “take you away” for a bit and get caught up in it. That’s more than any other show except Scandal and that went downhill over the last couple episodes. Kudos to BRAVO and this cast/team!

36. Marna says:

i started watching this on friday and i am almost finished… just checked to see if there would be more. LOVE IT!!

37. Andrea says:

Love that the show is coming. I will miss Janeane Garofalo because she is super funny and just adds a different flair to the show. Congrats team. I will be waiting with pins and needles.

38. marisca says:

JAY!!! I love Girlfriends Guide to Divorce, was so sad when it ended on Edge last night, cant wait for Season 2!!!!

39. Amanda says:

I absolutely can’t wait for the next season! I loved the show! It’s a whole new perspective on what really happens in divorces and how life isn’t perfect. ..it is very unique and creative

40. Dianne says:

I love love love this series. So happy to get more. The sooner the better.

41. spell says: