Fox Sets 2015 Emmy Date, Moves Ceremony Back to Sunday

The Emmys are once more a weekend affair.

Fox announced Wednesday that this year’s awards ceremony will take place on Sunday, Sept. 20 — a change from last year, when the NBC-aired presentation was scheduled for a Monday evening to avoid possible conflict with an early Sunday Night Football game.

PHOTOS Emmys 2014: The Best, Worst and Most Inappropriate Moments

The 67th Primetime Emmys are scheduled to be broadcast live from the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles from 8-11 pm ET/5-8 pm PT.

The Creative Arts Emmys, which will be held on Saturday, Sept. 12, will air on FXX on a date to be announced.

1. Tran says:

Guess NBC wasn’t brave enough to have the Emmy Awards being aired on a Sunday instead on a Monday last year because of football. Better luck in 2018. Very happy to see the Emmys back on a Sunday thanks to Fox and I’m wondering if Andy Samberg should host the awards show.

2. YAS! Can’t wait. Time for Kerry Washington to get that Emmy. Possibly some Grey’s and Glee nods.

3. meresger says:

Good. Now can they find a way to get the Academy to vote for some new shows/actors? I’m tired of the usual suspects!

4. mc says:

What if John Mulaney hosts?

5. Matty says:

I’m guessing Jane Lynch hosts again. If not her, I would think they’ll pick somebody from Brooklyn Nine-Nine, probably Andy Samberg.. Or maybe Seth McFarlane?

6. Whitney Ray says:

If Sons of Anarchys amazingly talented lead actress Katey Sagal isn’t at least nominated…I personally will not even be watching the Emmys. Clearly she should at least get a nomination. I mean if she doesn’t at least get a nomination I would have to call into question the merit of the entire show. really if she doesn’t win I would call that into question ….if she doesn’t get nominated I’m going to think the panel is made up of three or four house cats….not my house cat because she knows that Katey deserves to win.

7. delfiteblu says:

I’m glad they’re back on Sunday. Last year had me confused all week. Monday is not a day for the most important TV awards, anymore than it would be a good day for the Oscars.