Big Bang Theory Sets Carol Ann Susi Tribute Episode

The Big Bang Theory will bid farewell to Mrs. Wolowitz later this month, and, by extension, pay tribute to the unseen character’s late portrayer, Carol Ann Susi.

RELATED Big Bang Boss ‘Sweating’ Sheldon and Amy’s Next Milestone

TVLine has confirmed that the CBS sitcom’s Feb. 19 episode — “The Comic Book Store Regeneration” — finds Howard grappling with shocking news concerning his mother. The (presumably) tragic turn of events coincides with the reopening of Stuart’s comic book store — a shop that, much to Howard’s shock and awe, features a new seating area filled with furniture from his mom’s home.

This is the same episode that features a guest turn by Nathan Fillion, although the Castle actor does not figure into the Mrs. Wolowitz subplot.

Susi died last November after a short battle with an aggressive form of cancer. She was 62.

1. TJ Williams (@tjinlv) says:

Finally! She was/is such a huge part of the story. I will laugh and cry thru the entire episode.
    RIP Carol Ann.

2. Tran says:

This will be an emotional one not only for the show but to the late Carol Ann Susi.

3. I’ve been wondering what they were going to do. I’m glad they are finally addressing her death on the show. I will have my box of tissues ready. RIP Carol Ann.

• MsTLB says:

After reading the article I was also thinking about making sure there’s a box of tissues nearby. It’s going to be a funny/sad episode. RIP Mrs. Wolowitz.

4. Jonathan says:

Why did my taping report comment get deleted, TVLine Mgmt?

5. handyladen24 says:

At this moment I am going away to doo my breakfast, afterward having
    my breakfast coming over again to read further news.

6. frustratedwithbadtvshows says:

Happy to hear about the tribute to Carol Ann Susi. She was so great on the show!

7. Faye says:

I am looking forward to see how the writers handle her passing. They have a deft hand with tender moments

8. Jenna says:

Bittersweet, but I’m definitely looking forward to this episode.

• Jenna says:

ETA: Sadly, CSI could not give the same consideration to Phyllis Frelich, who portrayed Grissom’s mother, since they chose to divorce Sara and Gil. Travesty.

9. OldWhatsHisName says:

I was hoping that they would have a fitting fairwell since she has been a major part of the show from it’s start. They HAVE to grow up some time.

10. retsim says:

Hope they make a fitting end to some one who had a small but integral part of the show . The writers usually do an excellent job of this type of story. Perhaps they may show a picture of the lady on a dresser or cabinet or something .

11. Grinchy Me says:

we saw that episode. It was very nicely and tastefully done; I was looking for an “in memory of at the end. If my husband hadn’t read news of the actresses’ death I wouldn’t have known. But the episode was excellent — a good tribute.