Pretty Little Liars Newbie Spills Talia's 'Secrets,' Previews Future With Emily

Pretty Little Liars Talia Emily

Now that Talia has made her intentions (to jump Emily’s bones) known, it’s time to look to the future of Pretty Little Liars‘ newest potential couple.

“I think Emily really admires Talia,” her portrayer Miranda Rae Mayo tells TVLine. “Emily sees how professional and driven and put together she is. There’s definitely something sweet and sincere between them. We also haven’t really seen Emily with someone who isn’t her peer in high school before, so that’s different.”

Speaking of not being Emily’s peer, Mayo assures us the age gap between her and Talia is not so drastic that we should alert the Rosewood P.D. (Not that they’d do anything about it.)

Read on for our full Q&A with Mayo, which includes her personal message to all you hopeful Paily and Emison ‘shippers.

TVLINE | From what we’ve seen, Talia seems a little shady. What’s she hiding?
Just like everyone in Rosewood, Talia definitely has some secrets, and those secrets may affect Emily. All will be revealed in the weeks to come.

Pretty Little Liars SpoilersTVLINE | How aware are you of Emily’s previous romances?
Oh, I’m pretty familiar. Before Talia came along, I was a Paily fan; I really like Paige and Emily together.

TVLINE | So how do you feel about possibly replacing her?
Well, Miranda feels great, because being on that WB lot is really wonderful. [Laughs] But as a fan, they were really sweet together. I think it was sad to see Paige go, but we don’t really know how long she’s going to be gone for. It’s not necessarily 100 percent over. Everything in possible in Rosewood.

TVLINE | This show’s fans are nothing if not passionate. Have you gotten any feedback from them?
I have! On Twitter, one of the #PLL tweets was “If you could describe Talia in one word, what would it be?” Oh my gosh, the responses were hilarious and so different. Some people said “curious” or “adorable” or “annoying.” I can understand that if you’re a die-hard Paily or Emison ‘shipper, someone coming in and asking Emily these questions and being all intense is hard. At the end of the day, Talia always has the best intentions — she just doesn’t always go about things in the best way.

TVLINE | Lastly, will Talia find herself involved in the “A” drama?
It’s rare that anyone in Rosewood wouldn’t be involved in that somehow. We haven’t seen Talia be, but I think it’s possible in the weeks to come.

PLL fans, what are your thoughts on Talia thus far? On her potential future with Emily? Drop ’em all in the comments section below.

1. Shaz says:

She does look a little old for Emily, not only that, but she looks a little like Emily too. I actually think she looks a lot like Em. I’m just not into her. Paige and Maya seemed like excellent compliments to Emily, I just don’t see it with Talia, the age, her twinning Emily, its not for me, but I’m sure it’s all a device to create a rift between Em & Paige when Paige comes back, it’s obvious. Give Emily a break. Why does she have to be in a relationship immediately?

2. Carmen says:

no way Paily forever

3. Carrie says:

I love how whenever one of these girls ends a relationship there’s always some other attractive person who is well-suited for them right around the corner. Who knew it was so easy to immediately find smart, young, beautiful lesbians in a small town like Rosewood?

4. Azerty says:

I am sure that as soon as Emily and Talia will start dating, Paige will be back in Rosewood. And how long before Aria, Spencer and Hannah suspect her to be A?

5. Brandy says:

Please stop introducing new characters nobody cares about when we barely get to see the ones already established! I hate how characters show up for a few episodes and then aren’t spoken of for a whole season or two.

6. pamela says:

i loved emily with maya, didn’t care for paige however i do prefer talia over her though.

7. Doris says:

Paily forever and How don’t we know Talia isn’t working for A or a spy because Emily bearly got out a relationship and then some new girl comes and falls for her and if Emily and Talia date emily will have to lie because she doesn’t know about A

8. AL says:

I like her! I ship them. 👏 I am still a Paily fan though. I describe her kind of shady…shes probably hiding something… (Everyone in Rosewood),does anyway.. I can feel she is really into Emily. Just couldnt wait for Paige to come back.. To see some actions!

9. Jodea says:

No offense but I HATE Talia!!! She thinks she could come into Rosewood and swoop in on Paige’s girl Emily. Hell no!!! Emily and Paige is so freaking adorable together and come on they both have tons of things in common like swimming! They’ve been together for almost 2 years right? My jaw dropped when Paige left! Made me sad :( Marlene needs to bring Paige back so she could fight for her woman back! Talia is way too suspicious and up to no good. She could just be playing with Emily. I agree that they need to stop bringing in new characters though. It’s like the saying goes “don’t fix it if it’s not broken!” Once a Paily fan, always a Paily fan!!!! Come on now, when Emily and Paige kiss and make it out isn’t it so freaking sexy

10. Kris says:

WE WANT MAYA BACK ALIVE FOR EMILY CAUSE MAYA IS THE LOVE OF EMILY’S LIFE NOT ANYONE.

11. Emaya says:

It’s hard to say anything about this girl yet, because we don’t know her. But Talia and Emily definitely have chemistry. I still wish and hope that Maya is alive and Emaya is endgame.

12. Milesh says:

Emison. Is the best couple. End of story

13. Tell me when Hanna and Emily get together. Then I’ll start watching again.

14. SunshineM says:

Paily shipper…
    yeah i love Paige nd emily…
    hope they will end together.