Parenthood Deleted Scenes Show Seth's Return, Sarah's Roast and More

Parenthood Finale Deleted Scenes

If you have any tissues leftover from Thursday’s Parenthood series finale, we’ve found a good use for them.

NBC has released three deleted scenes from the drama’s last two episodes, including John Corbett’s return as Seth, who surprises Sarah and Amber with a visit to see his grandson.

Also featured in the videos below: The Braverman kids roast Sarah for the men she’s dated since moving back home — who else completely forgot about the forklift guy from TNS? — and Ruby gives her dad some crucial fashion advice before he ties the knot.

One scene that’s absent from the extras is the meet-cute between Amber and her eventual hubby (played by Friday Night Lights‘ Scott Porter), which creator Jason Katims noted also was cut for time.

Press PLAY on the videos below for a few more moments with the Bravermans, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Kenna says:

I hope they release the meet cute scene!

2. PLP says:

they should have done a 90 min finale and included these scenes and a few more…like why J&J had 4 kids, and who Amber’s hubby is, etc. but all in all a great ending. Some other network or cable net should pick it up.

• Sandra Parrott says:

I wish they had not ended with Zeke’s death. That leaves little room for another cable or network to pick it up. I would watch it without Zeke, but I sure would miss him. This was a wonderful show, and I was shocked when I heard it was ending.

• Nicole says:

Jason Katims explained the reason J&J has four kids in the TVLine article that went up after the finale. He said so often you hear about parents adopting a baby because they couldn’t conceive and then as soon as the papers go through, they find out they’re pregnant. That’s what he did with them and now Julia has four kids, just like how she grew up.

3. Tran says:

Those deleted scenes can be found once the final season of Parenthood comes out on DVD soon and maybe The Complete Series Box Set of all six seasons of the show.

4. Pat says:

It is a shame that the cut out the scene with John Corbett. Again, more tears brought to my eyes, when he held his grandson for the first time and then he said he wanted to be in his life and be a better grandfather then he was a father. That was really a good scene.

• lori says:

Totally agree. That scene should have made it into the show. There was a pretty big story arc for him and it would have been nice to see him in such a good place with his grandson.

5. Bev says:

The series finale was great. I too hope that the deleted scenes will be part of the DVD. I will miss the Bravermans. What will I do on Thursdays at 10pm now?

6. robyn leon says:

I wish they would have done a 2 hour finale and included all of the scenes.

7. bernicke carol says:

I really can’t believe they cancelled this show. One of the only shows on TV that require a couple of synapses clicking to understand. I am sure they will replace with another reality show. Wonder why so many people are not watching major TV channels.

8. Liz says:

Possibly one of the best shows ever! This has been my surrogate family … the one I never had. A 3 hour finale would still leave us wanting more. Liked the look into the future. What happened with Amber’s baby daddy? Who was her new hubby? Was Jasmine expecting again? And, what about Max? Does Camille find someone new? Does Crosby do well with the Luncheonette?

I’ve seen so much growth in the characters of Amber and Max, especially in the last year.

My favorite actor has turned out to be Max. After seeing the candid cast snipers, I would like to know more about him. He was amazing in the roll of MAX.

How about a REUNION special in 2015 (and every year after)?? It could be a 10 year (or more) saga like the movie Boyhood!

9. Cindy says:

Loved the finale. It should have been 2 hours and included more of the future story lines in detail.
    Extremely upset with such a beautiful show ending.
    Would have enjoyed watching it
    forever like a daytime soap!
    Great story lines and fantastic actors and actresses.
    Bravermens you will be missed!

10. sue says:

Links not working

11. Jane Moore says:

I really loved the way they ended the series, even though I am very disappointed to see it end. I have enjoyed every episode as they came along and wish there were more to come. Very sad!

12. sarah j says:

Can some one put these on You Tube so us Canadians can get the videos!