Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Nashville, Supergirl, Castle, Flash, Supernatural, Forever, Grey's, NCIS, Jane and More!

Nashville Rayna Deacon Spoilers

Will Nashville‘s Rayna/Deacon fans be singing a happy tune? Who is Supergirl‘s first Very Big Bad? Which Castle family is expanding? Baby drama for Jane? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Pretty please, spill some details on whether Nashville‘s Rayna and Deacon will be getting back together anytime soon? –LooLoo
Our resident Nashville native-by-association, Kim Roots, tells me that Wednesday’s midseason premiere “will simultaneously delight and frustrate Deyna fans. The big winners: People who don’t like Luke Wheeler. He has a really rough time after Rayna gives him the heave-ho, and he acts out his anger on a huge scale. Finally, Deacon consults a specialist about his illness, and it’s even worse than we thought.”

Do you have any scoop on the upcoming Supergirl TV Show? –SuperSurfSurf
Kara Danvers née Zor-El will have her work cut out for her from the get-go, seeing as her adversary in the series pilot will be the DC Comics baddie Lumberjack. To that end, the CBS freshman is seeking a hulk akin to “Rory McCann, the 6-foot-6 actor from Game of Thrones” (pictured above) to play this “big, burly monster of a man, who has battled Kara’s cousin” — that’d be you-know-who — “in the past” and shows up to ascertain her level of power, on behalf of an unseen superior.

Isn’t it time for the birth of Palmer’s baby on NCIS? –Ann
Showrunner Gary Glasberg says you “absolutely” should prepare to meet Baby Palmer this season. But first, we gotta have a baby shower, to be held in this Tuesday’s episode… in the big orange room. At the festivities, Glasberg says, “Jimmy Palmer is a classic nervous dad, very conscientious about keeping his mother-to-be Breena healthy, so he’s making everybody a little crazy!”

Anything on ABC’s Forever? –Nicole
And how! The immortal Henry dies via his own hand in an upcoming episode, and “It’ll be a pity for you, if you’re a fan of the show, to know why it happens,” star Ioan Gruffudd says. To protect all of you Foreverists from spoilers, the actor offers only this light tease: “It happens in the past. It’s clever, lovely and sweet. And it sheds really good light on the person that’s with Henry when that happens.”

Can you offer any news on Grey’s Anatomy or Suits? —Jonny
Option No. 2 it is! When asked if there will be any love for Harvey in upcoming episodes, exec producer Aaron Korsh reveals, “There are absolutely romantic allusions in the air… There is some delving into some questions of his romantic future in the last six [episodes]. I think it’s going to be satisfying to some, saddening to others, and not enough for even others.” Hmm, could he be talking about Donna/Harvey ‘shippers with that last description? “I’ll leave it there,” the EP hedges.

Will Grey’s Anatomy‘s Meredith Grey make medical history and make a name for herself? –Marissa
“Hopefully” is the best prognosis I could extract from series creator Shonda Rhimes when I brought her your question. As she notes, “It’s a struggle to get where she’s going when you’ve been living in the shadow of your mother, and you’ve also been living in the shadow of Cristina and Derek.” Without either of those pillars in her orbit these days, “It is a struggle to push yourself to become something that you’re not 100-percent sure that you can be.”

I absolutely love Ruzek and Burgess on Chicago PD. How is their relationship looking in future episodes? –Staci
Remember, this is TV, so it could all change in a few weeks. But for now, the couple is “good,” executive producer Matt Olmstead says. “We always do these kind of relay races with romances in terms of we’re addressing one [story thread] and then it’s time to pick the other one back up again.” Where Ruzek and Burgess go from here is up in the air, with five more episodes to break before the end of the season. “We’re certainly in the room trying to figure out the best [approach], playing them as a real couple.”

Those new Jane the Virgin photos have me on edge. Is there medical drama ahead for Jane’s baby? –Dee
Gina Rodriguez confirms, “There is going to be an episode where Jane has some complications with the pregnancy.” That twist will also reveal the baby’s gender, but the star says, “We focus more on the complication than ‘boy versus girl.'” On a lighter note, Jaime Camil says that in Episode 13, “Something very funky happens to Rafael” – though we’re not sure Rogelio’s portrayer isn’t biased. “I’m Team Michael, definitely,” he admits. “I cannot tell you why.”

On NCIS: New Orleans, will we see Pride’s father before the end of the season? Who would be a good fit to play him? –Chris
In the time since you sent this email, Pride’s father was cast, with the venerable Stacy Keach (Prison Break), who makes his debut on the freshman drama’s Fat Tuesday episode airing… well, on Fat Tuesday, Feb. 17. “Pride’s dad is in jail, and he’s been there for a while, and that will work into an arc that continues through the season,” says show boss Gary Glasberg. “We’re excited about what Mr. Keach brought to the show. It’s a fun part, so we’re sort of letting him take it and run with it.”

Any spoilers about Castle‘s Ryan-centric episode? Will we see the toddler and Jenny? –Fred
This much I know: In Episode 18, you will meet Ryan’s sister Gwen, as well as her husband Frank, who happens to be a burly security specialist.

Any new love interests on the horizon for Castle‘s Esposito now that he and Lanie have called it quits? –Teri
“Quits” is a funny word, because to hear Tamala Jones tell it, “Oh, it’s still going on. I grabbed his butt at the end of the [break-up] scene, and you don’t do that if it’s over over. We are still messing around, but we are not getting married.”

With the series finale of Two and Half Men just around the corner, and everyone concerned about whether Charlie Sheen will make an appearance, do you know if we’ll see other old characters make appearances as well? –Jon
“There’s going to be an awful lot of folks on the finale,” series creator Chuck Lorre promises, touting a veritable “cast of thousands.” As for prodigal son Sheen, Lorre coyly says, “We’re going to have a finale that you’ll be very, very pleased with. And that’s all I’m going to say.”

Can you give us anything on Supernatural‘s Sam? —Maria
“We probably will not see flashbacks” from the Winchesters’ time apart, executive producer Jeremy Carver admits. But there’s still a big Sammy story brewing. “What starts as a desire to help Dean [sends] Sam on very much his own journey by season’s end. But the starting off point is most definitely, ‘How am I going to help my brother?'”

Will Supernatural‘s Word of God tablet storyline be revisited this season? –Tom
When we delivered your Q to showrunner Jeremy Carver, he had an intriguingly cryptic reply: “There are a couple tablets out there… I can’t say right now. Good question.”

I need some info on The Flash. Somehow I haven’t clicked yet with Iris and Barry. Can we hope for a Caitlin/Barry romance?! –French
You may be in luck. Not only does the next episode feature Grant Gustin showing off his musical chops, but “Barry and Caitlin go on an inadvertent date, which is one of my favorite scenes of the whole year,” showrunner Andrew Kreisberg raves. “They’re hilarious together.” As for Iris, Barry’s heartfelt confession of love is “definitely weighing on her,” the EP affirms, “and it’s going to weigh on Eddie and Caitlin and Linda a little bit.”

Anything new on The Mentalist? We are dying here! –Lia
Interesting your use of the word “dying,” because as forewarned in the promos, this Wednesday’s episode is indeed a sad one, and Jane’s speech at the very end may wreck longtime fans more than a bit.

Real questions, real answers. If you need the Inside Line on a favorite show, email reporting by Vlada Gelman and Kimberly Roots)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Thanks for the scoops Matt!
    -I can’t wait for Nashville to return. I know it will be rough roads ahead but for Deyna fans, but as long as PodRayna is gone we can weather the storm.
    -And for The Flash, I haven’t clicked with Barry/Iris either.. mainly because she’s been his sister for the past 10+ years. The scenes between Barry and Joe are too priceless, and he’s been a great adoptive Father to Barry. I love their relationship. So I can’t get past Iris being his adoptive sister. Barry and Caitlin have great chemistry, so I adore watching their friendship.

• Dee says:

I feel the same way!!

• USeeItNow says:

They were best friends before Barry moved in with her. She’s not his real sister..

• indi says:

Caitlin looks like his older sister and treats him like his mother. Why yall don’t find that incestuous?

• herman1959 says:

Ha-haa! OMG, indi.

• saywhaaaat? says:

err… how could simply “looking like someone” be found incestuous???

• alex says:

pining for someone you were raised under the same roof in for years cannot be considered incestuous yet allegedly looking like someone should be found incestuous?
        smh at this fandom lol

• moongirl says:

I guess what indi meant is that Caitlin DOES act like an older sister/mother to Barry ALL THE TIME. The thought of them being in a relationship where kissing and sex is involved is already awkward to think of.

• Jo says:

You’re argument falls flat to me when Barry had a crush on Iris even before he moved in with her and they were NEVER raised to be brother and sister. They have always seen each other as BEST FRIENDS not siblings.

• Maryann says:

I see zero chemistry between Barry and Iris. He needs a girl with his own academic tendencies that is still attractive.

• andrea says:

First of all since when does academic similarities = chemistry? Second Iris IS ALREADY the most beautiful girl in the flash. 3rd SHE’S SMART .. she might not be academically in the same field but she’s smart.

Iris and Barry have SEXUAL chemistry. I don’t see that with caitlin .. you claim westallen is incestuous. Yet the one that actually looks like his sister (older sister ) to be exact is Caitlin not Iris.

• Maria says:

I agree. Iris and have great sexual and romantic chemistry. It is plain to see. Caitlin on the other hand is more of a friend (and mother) to Barry. I don’t find that romantic at all. And I can’t wait to see Iris as the great reporter she is meant to be; how about some scoop on that, huh?

• kenshin says:

maryann never said iris was not smart, never claimed westallen is incestuous. you’re the one who brought up incest.

• livvy says:

Why does Barry need a girl with academic tendencies? That’s such insulting garbage. And it’s not like Iris is dumb.

• Lizo says:

Had to throw in that attractive bit didn’t you. God forbid a man be attracted to a woman who wasn’t gorgeous.

• indi says:

Not to mention Candice Patton votes #5 of the 100 hottest women on tv of the year 2014. Pls it can’t get any more gorgeous than that. But yeah you’re right.

• Cynthia says:

Eh…I disagree.

• Kaitlin says:

Zero chemistry? One of the reasons Candice was even hired to play Iris was because she had chemistry with Grant. And if Danielle had this ‘undeniable chemistry’ with Grant, wouldn’t they have switched her role from Caitlin to Iris? I mean, she already looks the part when we look at Iris from the comics.

• *el diablo* says:

the role of detective west was cast first than the role of caitlin snow. i think they preferred to cast an african american daughter. but who knows…

• Caitlin is still technically engaged gross

• akiko says:

lol it’s no more gross than liking your foster sister romantically lol

• Nilani says:

If you were paying any attention to Barry’s confession of love in 1×09, he specifically stated, that “HE LOVED IRIS BEFORE HE EVEN KNEW WHAT THE WORD LOVE MEANT” and that “HE HAD TO MOVE IN WITH THE GIRL HE HAD A CRUSH ON”.
          So Barry never ever viewed Iris as a sister. And Joe himself said in 1×05, that he “Has watched Barry be in love with Iris, since he was old enough to know what love is”. Joe was wrong though, as pr. Barry’s confession above, and he never raised them as siblings because of this knowledge.

• Jo says:

Jajjaja the new excuse for delusional snowbarry shippers …it’s gotten old already .

• Joey says:

oh just like the excuse that caitlin looks like a sister or acts like his mother lmao

• Briggs says:

Actually, she does. :) Caitlin is a mother hen. That’s why Barry yelled at her during the crossover, she was hovering like a hen with one chick. He called it, even if he didn’t mean to. Meanwhile, Joe never raised Barry and Iris as siblings (what with Barry’s feelings for Iris being so blatant), so she’s not really his sister.

• Carrie says:

I’ve never thought of Iris as Barry’s sister, but I agree that his scenes with Joe are great. I think Barry has chemistry with both Iris and Caitlin, so I wouldn’t mind either way. Iris’ boyfriend creeps me out a little. I don’t trust him. All I know is, if I had a male best friend who was that cute, sweet and smart, I’d definitely think twice about giving him a chance. :)

• james says:

Well Iris becomes Barry’s wife in the majority of The Flash comics, and I’m pretty sure we all know Caitlyn becomes a villain at some point. With that said, I don’t buy into all the chemistry garbage people harp about. Characters have chemistry if the writers write it that way and if the actors act that way. The only chemistry that matters is if the real life people (aka the actors not the characters) “chemistry” and by chemistry I mean that they get along with each other and know how to act off each other. None of that “chemistry” garbage matters.

• jen yu says:

i love barry & caitlin too! platonic as they are, they’re my favorite in the flash! (with cisco a close second, team flash really rocks!) thanks for the scoop, TVLine!!!

i’m excited for supergirl! oh and thanks for the chicago pd scoops as well!!

• Lila says:

I like both Barry/Iris and Barry/Caitlin, but Iris is not Barry’s adoptive sister. Joe did not raise them as brother/sister, he simply raised them in the same house. There’s a difference. Barry never once saw Iris as a sister — he had a crush on her before he moved into the West house — and Iris says something similar in the pilot, albeit without the crush part. So while they did grow up together, they grew up as best friends, not siblings.

• ciscoisking says:

there isn’t a love angle for barry and caitlin (yet?), but they have since been building a great friendship which i enjoy. if tptb make barry and caitlin romantic, i’d rather have it be done later maybe in late season 2 or something since it’d be more believable that way. both are obviously not over their respective loves right now.

• Briggs says:

Caitlin is trying to bring Ronnie back from wherever he went mentally, and Barry is trying to get things ‘normal’ between him and Iris again, in spite of what it might cost him They are both obviously still in love with other people. What makes you think they’re over them?

• Jaden B. says:

So far, The Flash has been great, more action than romance… with great, interesting relationships (paternal, romantic, friendship, etc) all around (and yes, I’m including Wells here, for now. LOL). I think if Kreisenberg and Co. want to make Caitlin and Barry a couple, it’ll be better to do it in the future. There’s a growing closeness between Barry and Caitlin, they’ve become friends, confidantes even, they’ve got solid chemistry so it’s not outside the realm of possibility they could fall for each other. However, to do it now… I just think it’s way too early in the series. For now, I think it’s best they maintain their friendship. As for Iris, they’re canon, their fans have nothing to worry about.

Thanks TVLine and Matt for all the scoop! I can’t wait for Supergirl! Man, I wish they could do crossovers too! But they’re in different networks sadly. Next spoilers on Gotham please? Thanks!

• Jo says:

I don’t think the writers want to do it. They’re just fan pandering cuz some people are asking for it

• Nilani says:

Kreisberg and none of the show runners want to make Caitlin/Barry happen though. “Inadvertent” = Not a REAL date, since she’s out there being his wingman. It was Caitlin’s idea, that they go out meeting new, OTHER people.
        Kreisberg is out there doing damage control, since spoiler pics of the Barry and Iris kiss for episode 1×16 got leaked. That’s why he’s playing up the Linda/Barry romance and feeding little tidbits to the Snowbarry fandom. This is the CW after all.
        Also, once Barry and Iris get together, they stay together! In the comics only death separates them, and even then Barry Allen finds a way to bring Iris back through time travel.

2. Et Al says:

Oh no! Is Rafael actually Sin Whatever? So much for my Team Rafael tattoo (not really).

• dude says:

I doubt it. I mean that would be an AWESOME game changer but I don’t see it happening. They’ve put too much effort into setting Jane and Rafael up as star crossed lovers. I’m Team Michael myself but I don’t see them veering away from Rafael as endgame.

3. Alex says:

Oh please enough with this “Esplanie” thing, they don’t have any interest and any chemistry. Can’t they just drop it ??

4. cdhaskell says:

I can’t wait to see what Rory McCann will look like in the pilot episode. Good luck to the Supergirl series because it will need it.

5. Cassidy says:

Whether its romantic or not. I just love Barry and Caitlin scenes. There is potential there considering her future.

• Ashley says:

I love Barry/Caitlin scenes too but I honestly do not see any romantic potential. Ronnie is her past, present and future. If Barry/Caitlin does happen, it’ll make the whole Caitlin/Ronnie storyline seem weak since he is already her fiance…

• Taylor D says:

i agree 100%. they’re just friends but it doesn’t matter. any kind of interaction between barry & caitlin is gold.

6. The Kaibosh says:

In Nashville I suspect Deacon will need a transplant and only Maddie will be compatible.

7. I don’t care about the supporting cast or storylines about them on Castle. Who gives a flying flip if we get to meet Ryan’a sister. Late in the season, ep 18, and they are wasting my time with supporting cast-centric eps which I am sure they will also find a way for Castle and Beckett to be separated in.

And I am sorry but Tamala Jones’ answer about her character and Esposto is just her way if trying to make her character more relevant. To me the male ME is a better fit because of his antagonism toward Castle. And don’t throw at me that Lanie is Beckett’s best friend. Beckett talks to her when she needs something. Have we ever even seen them have a girl’s night?

Again stick to Castle and Beckett and let the supporting cast support.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Good attitude!

• Katherine215 says:

Fortunately, not everyone shares your opinion about the supporting cast. Besides, much as I love Beckett and Castle, we have had well over 100 episodes of them. Developing the supporting cast is a nice way to not only focus on them all the time. It gets boring.

• Mary says:

I don´t mind about supporting cast storylines, actually I enjoy them a lot – particulary the Ryan ones, and I´d love to know more about Lanie or Gates too – what I can´t stand anymore is this Lanie/Espo on-off-on-off or whatever!

• abz says:

Usually, with many shows I do enjoy the supporting cast/characters and their stories a lot, but I agree with you on Castle, the supporting cast are nothing special really. Nothing personal against the actors, but the characters are just not really all that interesting, plain and simple. They’ve had their moments over the years, but really they are the exact same as they were when the show first started to me. Nothing different really about them. They come in at the moment when they need to say something for the case (esp Ryan always eavesdropping on every conversation and jumping in at the right exact moment. God his character can be the worst sometimes.). Episodes revolving around them are always pretty much filler because they have a lot of episodes to do per season.

• S. says:

The characters aren’t interesting to YOU, but they are interesting to other people (speaking of which, honorable mention to recurring character Perlmutter). They don’t have to be able to carry episodes as if they were the lead. They’re not. Also the times we have seen them front and center absolutely does move the characters forward. Part of the issue is when this show’s running in syndication, it’s not necessarily in order and it’s easier for people to cut in without a lot of serialized relationships to keep up with–not my style personally when I’m watching something first run, but I get why they do it. The banter and friendly competition is great. Watching Ryan try to fill the gap left by Castle’s both funny and sweet. As for Ryan jumping in at the right moment, it’s a running joke. They’re not gonna let Castle and Beckett just get right to the emotional/sucking face place the fans might want them to be without obstacle. It’s either stop them just short of it in a way that you can pretty much see coming OR don’t get anywhere near it at all most of the time. It’s ABC, you’re not gonna see sex. How far would you like them to go? At least you get to see something. Before, people were mad they weren’t kissing as often. Now it’s on to being about Ryan-interruptus. As for filler, I’ve seen filler with our leads in prime position so it’s not like it’s the supporting characters that indicate something isn’t that big a deal.

• abz says:

My dislike for Ryan and the running joke with him has nothing to do with a desire to see Castle and Beckett jumping each other. I just don’t find it funny and its rather annoying.
          I see no reason to give an honorable mention to Perlmutter as his character doesn’t add much to the show at all, but if you like him not gonna stop you.
          And as supporting casts go, I just find the Castle supporting cast to be weak in general. Just my opinion. They’ve all had their good moments over the years, but as of the past several seasons they don’t stand out or leave a lasting impression on the show for me and some of the characters are just annoying. Anyway Nathan and Stana are why I still tune in I guess. They’re still interesting and funny sometimes even if they story isn’t always that great.

• tjchurch2001 says:

Nathan is the reason I watch just about any/every episode…. Beckett’s fandom made things interesting in the plot, & her cosplay history at the con, etc… But ever since the pilot, I’ve wanted to see Castle work more with the ME (who appeared to be an even bigger fan than Beckett) & people who were familiar with the crime/law world, but not Castle or his books.

8. Teri says:

Hoping to see Jenny and Sarah Grace Ryan appear on Castle. Ryan is such a sweet guy, seeing him as a father would be delightful.

9. Bill says:

Yeah, why would you do flashbacks about Sam?! It’s not like he’s a main character.

10. Kim R says:

Oh no. “Wreck longtime fans” says to me that it is a longtime cast member. Who else could it be besides Cho? Surely is it not Lisbon! How many people can Jane lose? I’m a little freaked now.

• JoyAnne says:

I never even considered it being Lisbon/Teresa. They wouldn’t dare. The idea of it being Cho is bad enough. When Abbot told him he was getting promoted to his job I had hopes of a spin off for Cho. :)

• Q says:

From press release for 7×11 is all old gang ok.

Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
      Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
      Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
      Rockmond Dunbar (Dennis Abbot)
      Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
      Josie Loren (Michelle Vega)

But from masive funeral i presume, is Dennis Abbot, who die.
      In cast wrote him only because of flash backs…. I think.

• joe says:

It’s vega…actress has not filmed anything after this episode so…

• Q says:

Can you give to us some source of that info please?

• joe says:

Her twitter…tweeted Tim Kang about enjoying her run…and how she has been traveling between new York Chicago and Miami since her run ended…

• Kim R says:

My only question to that is if it is going to “wreck longtime fans” Vega is a recent addition to the cast. I am hung up on the word “longtime” and “wreck”. It makes me feel that it has to be someone that has been around for several seasons to denote longtime. Perhaps from the beginning.

• S says:

I think it’s Vega also. The clip gave 4 choices: Abbott, Cho, Vega and Wylie. I paused the funeral procession and thought I made out Abbott and Cho in front carrying the coffin. They use Wylie too much and I think Vega’s death would affect the whole team, especially Cho after giving her the speech about being responsible for her.

• bj says:

I don’t want it to be Cho!

• nlt says:

Says Jane’s speech wreck.., not the actual death. Maybe the ring comes into play.

11. Charlie come back as a ghost? Did not see the final Anger Issues to see how that worked out. Castle just stumbling along. Very sad…

12. Kristina says:

I can’t say I have any desire at all to see Barry and Iris together. Love their friendship but I don’t see any romantic chemistry there. I actually really like Eddie, and the two of them together. I’d rather see Barry move on.

13. Ky says:

I love Iris and Barry. Their chemistry is wonderful. Maybe we can get a Iris or Barry/Iris scoop next time?

14. Kara says:

I hope these Sam spoilers play out sooner rather than later, poor guy has been silenced and isolated for over a season. I’m loved what little we got of Demon Dean, and I’m holding out hope for the Moc storyline. I’d just would like to see a more active, protective Sam.

My hope is that we continue to see the Moc storyline play out for Dean, while Sam picks up the trials again to help his brother.

Please with less sidelined Winchesters for boring Angels and Demons. I love the supporting cast, I’d love them more if they supported Sam and Deans story, not the other way around.

• Cheryl says:

I agree totoally less boring Angels and Demons and yes they should be used only when they add to the story of Sam and Dean.

15. Diane says:

I personally like Barry and Iris together and don’t care if they grew up together. But if the writers prefer to give Barry and Caitlin their favorite scenes, what can we do? I’m throwing in the towel right now. I forgot my rule to never ship CW couples. I’ll stick to Arrow where I ship no one.

• Briggs says:

They said *inadvertent* date. That means it’s not real and played for comedic value. They aren’t actually going to pair up Barry and Caitlin. Even Danielle Panabaker doesn’t see them as romantically inclined.

16. I can only find one entry for a character called Lumberjack at DC Wikia. He’s a Wonder Woman “villain”. Geez, it’s like this show is scrubbing the bottle of the barrel for villains. I knew Supergirl’s rogues gallery sucks and expected them to steal from another character’s, but this is just desperate.

17. Kim says:

I really wish we could’ve gotten some WestAllen scoop for The Flash :( ..Barry and Caitlin are purely platonic and I wish they would stop fan pandering!

• Briggs says:

I honestly don’t think they’re pandering. It’s a joke. They said it was supposed to be funny, so I’d take it as just that.

18. Sammy says:

I love Barry and Iris together! They have amazing chemistry.. they speak with their emotions and facial expressions and it’s beautiful. More WestAllen scoop next time?? :)

19. Andy says:

Barry and Caitlin do not have any chemistry. Danielle Panabaker’s acting ruins it for me. She is by far the weakest on the show, and I don’t understand how fans can ship snowbarry when only one half of the ship can act.

20. Glad to hear that Barry’s confession will continue to affect Iris, as that’s by far the relationship I’m most interested in. Maybe someday we’ll get scoop on Caitlin’s actual romance on the show? A red-hot flame named Ronnie Raymond?

21. Nat says:

I don’t doubt the barry and caitlin scenes will be fun…but they have NO romantic chemistry, Barry’s heart belongs to Iris and nothing will change that.

22. John NYC says:

Wonder if I’ll recognize Malese Jow without her streaked hair…

23. lady marshmellow says:

Is someone going to die in The Mentalist? got a bad feeling since Jane has been having this dark thoughts of losing Lisbon as of late. Maybe not her, but someone else really close to him?

24. USeeItNow says:

Snowbarry is nice, but I’d love to have some news about the REAL romance in the show, and it’s not Snowbarry. No offense, but this pairing is far from romantic. I’m not saying they’ll never be, but it’s not the case right now. Barry and Iris are romantic, that would be great if you give us some info about them next time ;)

25. JoyAnne says:

Am I the only one that does not like them making Castle a PI? He still seems to find his way around the precinct. Annoyed me when he got into Lani’s face, reading her report and ignoring her telling him to go.

• supersparkle says:

I have been obsessed with this show since the beginning, and I feel like this season is so BORING! Even the whole “Castle is missing and his memory is gone” thing was boring. And I can’t stand this P.I. stuff. Their writers need to go back, watch season 1 and 2 over again and find a way to recreate the witty banter and “fun” that the show used to have. Stop with all this fake drama.

26. Nilani says:

Candice Patton is the PERFECT Iris West. She’s beautiful, gorgeous and she absolutely slays it in the fashion n style dept. week after week!
    And what’s not to like about Iris West: She’s smart, kind, curious, inquisitive, she loves coffee, she loves nerdy Barry Allen, and she has a loving and caring relationship w/her father, Joe.
    Candice Patton and Grant Gustin both bring their A-game in portraying childhood best friends and destined lovers, and their sexual chemistry is ON POINT. #WestallenAllTheWay <3 <3 <3

27. herman1959 says:

Barry and Caitlin?…NO. This is starting to sound like one those FF episodes.

28. Ingrid says:

I, like a lot of other people, actually LOVE Barry & Iris together !! Their chemistry is insane (whether it be platonic or romantic) and I can’t wait for Iris to delve into her feelings for Barry and of course her new job as a reporter. I don’t see any romantic chemistry between Caitlin and Barry, plus they are both very much in love with other people. Anyways LONG LIVE WESTALLEN

29. Valerie says:

OMG No please..Barry and Caitlin are terrible “together”. I really don’t see any kind of romantic chemistry.i’m sorry but i find danielle acting really weird. Barry and Iris are perfect..sparks fly around them :) And Candice is so natural..and her character very realistic! ;) Waiting for Westallen scoop :)

30. Brandy says:

The Flash scoop seems ill-worded by Mr. Kreisberg seeing how the “inadvertent date” between Caitlin & Barry is actually the two of them singing karaoke & Barry meeting Linda, but their scenes seem like they’ll be charming. If I had to guess, Barry dating Linda will help Iris realize her romantic feelings for Barry which in turn will obviously effect Eddie (seeing how he’s Iris’s current boyfriend) & Linda (who I suspect won’t be around for too long based on another Kreisberg interview).

The Jane the Virgin Rafael scoop is incredibly vague, but given the show’s clever writing, it should be fun to watch.

31. Brigid says:

Oh no i totally see the chemistry between Barry and Iris. I don’t see anything but friendship with Caitlin.

32. herman1959 says:

Watch out Andrew K. – this Arrow-style shipping of Barry and Caitlin is not going to fly with the fans. Before you know it, The Flash will have been torpedoed like Sleepy Hollow, and that would be sad because it’s a great show. Don’t go there, PLEASE.

33. indi says:

Can they stop with snowbarry? ?? Here’s the thing. .. in every show people are going to ship every pairing possible that doesnt mean you should carter to them. Just cause a couple of people scream “snowbarry”!! Doesn’t make the ship strong enough to be against westallen.
    So far westallen is a very POPULAR ship. Way more popular than snowbarry so what’s the point?
    When your tv OTP is doing so good like Barry and Iris yet you feel the need to pander some people that would only result in feeding them too much to the point where it will get out hand.. is that what yall want?

Not everyone ships the show’s ship that’s obvious but it doesn’t matter when A LOT OF OTHERS DO. Westallen is not a nobody ship nobody notices.
    So you would’ve thought that by this time they would be giving scoop of the SHOW’S TRUE PAIRING over a crackship that came out of nowhere.
    Snowbarry ain’t Olicity Flash writers!

34. Shar says:

Ugh, no to Barry and Caitlin! Can’t we ever just do something different than a stupid work place romance??? My God, I hate when a fandom refuses to just let the story happen on it’s own without trying to force a stupid crackship that doesn’t even make sense.

• sabertooth says:

Try this for something different… romance between 2 people raised by the same father in the same house. ;)

• kai says:

The point would have been valid if Joe had indeed adopted Barry. But shame, Joe only acted as a legal guardian to Barry all along when his dad is in jail. Despite their close relationship, Joe was never Barry’s adoptive father. And let’s not even get into how said “father” (-figure) trusts his “son” to have true and genuine feelings for his daughter that he waited years for him to confess feelings to her.

• Jo says:

Try this , Barry is in love with Iris. She’s the love of his life. Caitlin passed by Barry to go straight running to Ronnie without a thought :)

35. Dave says:

Really curious to see how Supergirl deals with the whole Superman thing… are they gonna say its in the same universe as Man of Steel? Or is there some other off-screen Superman that they will have to keep finding excuses to not show?

• Nilani says:

Unlike Marvel, DC has a separation between their movie-verse and tv-verse. So the Henry Cavill Superman won’t exist in Supergirl. Just like Ezra Miller has been cast as Barry Allen/The Flash in the movies incl. Justice League, Grant Gustin portrays him on only television.

• Dave says:

That was the case with the CW shows… but the CBS show could be different… but assuming they keep them separate, they need to establish that some version of Superman exists in their universe.

• Nilani says:

It’s the case with both CBS and CW since the same show runner, who created Flash and Arrow, also is the creator of Supergirl. They’ve already said, that they’ll all exist in the same shared Universe meaning, Flash, Arrow and Supergirl are all potential for future cross-overs whithin their own shows.

36. puck says:

The idea of Barry and Caitlin together is nauseating.

• hangman says:

i’m sure for others, the idea of coupling between adoptive siblings is even more nauseating.

• Briggs says:

*sigh* They aren’t adoptive siblings. At best, they’re foster siblings. Joe never actually adopted Barry. That’s why he’s an Allen and not a West. And Joe knows Barry’s in love with Iris and has been all his life, so he didn’t raise them as siblings, even if he *does* see Barry as his son (as well as Harry’s).

• Nilani says:

Joe NEVER adopted Barry, and the only reason he even took Barry in so that he DIDN’T end up in the foster care system, was because of his close friendship and bond with his daughter, Iris.
        So Barry never ever viewed Iris as a sister.

37. scarlettberry says:

I adore Barry/Iris, they have amazing chemistry imo. I only see Barry/Cait as friends, I’m excited for her killerstorm arc & snowstorm.

38. victoriasponge says:

I love westallen, can we please get some scoop about them, considering they are the real endgame/romance of the show. The Flash isn’t the flash without westallen.

39. andrea says:

40. livvy says:

For those who can’t “get into Barry and Iris”…well, find another show because it’s happening, whether you like it or not. It’s so entitled to expect them to change canon because YOU’RE not “feeling it”. Would you go around asking for Superman to find a different woman than Lois Lane because “ehh, I don’t like them together”? NO! Because you would sound like a damn idiot! Clark belongs with Lois, the same way that Barry belongs with Iris. And there’s NO reason why Barry and Iris shouldn’t be together. Iris is beautiful and kind and Barry loves her so much. They’re supposed to be together, so just let them be! If you don’t like it, peace out!

• Dave says:

Well.. DC decided that Clark belongs with Wonder Woman not Lois in the stupid new 52 garbage… so you never know

• andrea says:

Yeah no barry and iris’s relationship goes beyond being just together. The twins, then impulse just many storylines that can’t be ignored just cuz some people “don’t feel it” more so when a lot more actually feel their chemistry. I even read their future grandchild will be visiting the show anytime soon now so I’m not worried about their endgame status. I just don’t want the writers end up treating them like a second class ship that can just be put in the sidelines to pander some other fools.

• Nilani says:

Yeah, but unlike Clois Barry and Iris actually have CHILDREN and GRANDCHILDREN, who are speedsters on their own, and have their own line of successful comics for generations. And Bart Allen is the 4th Flash.
        + Even in the New52, Iris is still very much present and a force in Barry Allen’s life, and it is clear, that they at some point will be together romantically.

• brax says:

who said anything about entitlements and expecting changing canon in the flash? you’re telling them to find another show? why? because it’s a different preference from yours? are you saying only those who like barry and iris can watch and ask about the show? it’s a free world. lighten up, dude.

41. Nemo says:

Lots of people love westallen, could we get any news on them. Also what’s with the fan baiting of SB, I’m sure their scenes will be fun but I’ve always seen them as platonic haven’t see any hints of them ever looking at each other romantically, in fact Cisco/Caitlin give off a more romantic vibe.. killervibe

42. trishb says:

Would have love some journalist Iris scoop but oh can t have it all looking forward to all my westallen glory in the coming episodes even jealous iris also looking forward to seeing what happens with ronnie things are getting really interesting and I for one can t wait.

43. cherie says:

I’m going to guess the person that had to kill Henry in the past was his son Abe when he was a kid. Of course I could be wrong.

44. Barry and Caitlin no Flash please don’t go there eww Caitlin still has a living fiancee you know what that will make her

45. Andi says:

I wonder why you haven’t click with Iris yet? could it be perhaps that the writers aren’t raving about her because critics like yourself wanted a white Iris? or was it because if you haven’t notice her character has been excluded from most of episode 10, 12, all of February promos and Kreisberg’s latest rounds of interviews; while referencing that Barry’s confession “way” on Iris as a okay pass for you?…because you don’t get to see her if that means you get more of Caitlin… right?; Because I would love to see Barry’s confession way on Iris; but that’s all happening off screen and fans of the Flash like myself are left to wonder what has she been thinking since Barry’s confession in episode 9 and what has her life been like now, now that she is with living with Eddie…as the Flash writers continue to write, develop Caitlin’s character who they have no problem including in endless actions as a damsel to Barry’s hero…or is the fact that you are not clicking with Iris because her character haven’t been let in on the secret of the Flash real identity because it would endanger her life while that doesn’t seem to be a problem when Caitlin’s life is endanger almost in every episode now?….Because if that’s not it…perhaps when you are not busy fangurling or pushing your Barry and Caitlin’s romance agenda with Kreisberg perhaps you could take the time to see the obvious lack of character to development for Iris’s character; a character that is a icon in with the Flash comics…or perhaps see why some of us love Iris and is invested in her character over the last 9 episode prior to the midseason break…what is unfortunate is that fans who love and admire Iris and Barry relationship/romance don’t have enough representation in your median to voice how we have “click”/identify with Iris from episode 1; and therefore we must always be in fear of critics like yourself, who seems not to get the historic significance of having a African-American female being cast as Iris. Saying words like “click ” how is that a legitimate critique of Iris’s character or of the writing for her character so far other then the latest buzz word being use to justify your desire and continue campaign to have a white female in the role of Barry’s love interest even if it went against not only the original premise of the comic; but also Berlanti’s decision to have a minority female character play the love of Barry Allen aka the Flash’s life.

• JD Lee says:

Next time send TVline your question so you wouldn’t have to write an essay/thesis about your guesses as to someone’s reasons for preferring a ship that’s different from yours.

• Andi says:

Umm, Mitovich works for TVline and that was whom my questions and statements where directed at…so scroll no one is forcing you to read essay/thesis….I am sure it is Mitovich credentials as a journalist that give him access to people like Kreisberg and not his status as a couple shipping captain; therefore there is a reasonable expectation that Mitovich would provide scoops/reviews not just on the pairing or characters he “clicks” with

• Briggs says:

Even Matt would tell you to e-mail in the questions. And it wouldn’t be the first time, either. He’s not going to comb through comment sections, looking for questions he can answer all day.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

The word “click” was used by the reader who sent in the question above. We merely find an answer to pair with the question. (Also, Barry/Iris was covered just recently by Inside Line: . I take great pains to “spread the wealth.”)

• Andi says:

Thanks for reading threw the comment section to respond to some of my concerns. Considering how episode 9, left off I was puzzle that you would let Kreisberg off the hook when stating that Barry’s confession to Iris is waying on her yet we have not seen evidence of this on screen; IMO that statement by Kreisberg should have warrant a follow-up question…because we have not been privy to Iris’s pov or any scenes of her home life with Eddie since the midseason return…and we are now onto episode 12 with endless promos of Barry as lady killer… I like Caitlin in fact she has a dry sense of humor and is a smart; in fact who ever did the casting for the Flash did a great job imo; I like the chemistry of team Flash; but fear that the CW’s formula of fan baiting/pandering will ruin the writing on the show; that has been done to most of the shows I use to like on the CW. JMO it is always the female characters that always seem to suffer under shipping wars, the writers have now reduce Caitlin’s character to a damsel that Barry needs to rescue now; and in episode 12 she is some drunk lush who removes her top in front Barry so he can redress her in order to insinuate something sexual between the characters to further sell Barry as some sexual stud; this writing is not only misogynistic it is irresponsible writing on the part of the Flash’s writing team…Caitlin is drunk and therefore cannot give consent to being strip or redress by Barry…. but if that drunk scene is what Kreisberg’s is referencing as funny it’s not and he needed to be called out for it and wasn’t by any media critic.

• seia says:

Caitlin is in that spoiler as well.

• jeezlouise says:

huh? all those words, you were directing to matt? the guy merely replied to a question sent by a fan named french, as he did all other shows mentioned. it’s called a q&a. *insert perplexed emoji here*

• Tina says:

The true villains are the writers. You can’t blame some people for not connecting with Iris when the writers have kept her out of the loop and I don’t mean Barry’s secret identity. All the other characters are forming interpersonal relationships be it Caitlin/Cisco, Barry/(Caitlin,Joe,Wells). This is what endears these characters to us. Iris has no platonic relationships and Joe is all about Barry so many people can’t click with her because they allow her no emotional depth. Why couldn’t Caitlin and Iris have formed a friendship during her numerous trips to Star labs while Barry was in a coma? At this rate, I wouldn’t mind a cheap scene of her talking to her reflection in the mirror if it meant we could get a little insight to how she feels about anything. Forget romance; it’s time for us to find out what happened to her mother.

46. ashleybob says:

Oh, please don’t go down that road, we love WESTALLEN they are adorable and perfect for each other. And Barry and Caitlin have a wonderful friendship. We also love SNOWSTORM. Her and Ronnie were adorable and perfect for each other, Barry and Caitlin work together and are just friends. Lets keep it that way

47. Lila says:

It’s like Andrew Kreisberg is trying to start some ridiculous ship war. So annoying.

48. Matthew Weber says:

Woot! Castle scoops! Thanks!

I hope Esplanie is done for real this time. Or they need to be together for real. Crap or get off the pot.

49. Stephanie says:

I love Barry and Iris. Barry will be The Flash and Iris will become Central City’s top reporter. They are the definition of a power couple

50. Bwhit says:

I really hope Chicago PD leaves Ruzek and Burgess intact. Real couples do get together and don’t break up a bunch so they should just leave them alone. If they need to drum up realationship drama do it with Lindsay and Halstead because we all know the show will break them up at least once!