Glee Recap: Love in an Elevator

What the world… needs now… is Klaine… sweet Klaine.

That was Sue’s mantra throughout Friday’s Glee as the couple’s ultimate ‘shipper took drastic measures to get Kurt and Blaine back together. And it worked! (Well, sort of.)

Channeling her inner Jigsaw — no, seriously, she actually constructed an animatronic doll of herself based on the iconic Saw villain — Sue trapped Kurt and Blaine in a (fake) elevator with one simple ultimatum: Get down to business or get comfortable. And although the exes initially resisted temptation, instead opting to pass the time with flirty conversation, they eventually caved, going at it like I don’t think we’ve ever seen them go at it before.

The bad news, though — at least for those of you who join Sue in her ‘shipping — is that their time in the elevator didn’t exactly ensure Kurt and Blaine’s reunion. In fact, all it took was one mention of “Dave” to squash any hope Kurt had of them getting back together (even though we all know it’ll happen before the series finale cuts to black).

That said, Kurt isn’t letting his lingering feelings for Blaine get in the way of his future with Walter. Seriously, never in my life did I think I’d see Harry Hamlin playing Chris Colfer’s love interest on this show, much less enjoy their chemistry. In an alternate universe, I’d like to think Kurt and Walter could build a future somewhere — somewhere without annoying (and fake) waitresses around to pester them about their age difference.

Season 6, Episode 5, "The Hurt Locker, Part Two"YOU SCRATCH MY BACK… | Kitty made another glorious appearance this week, but rather than maintaining her icy exterior, the former mean girl dropped her guard and admitted the real reason she didn’t want to rejoin New Directions: She’s afraid of getting hurt again once it inevitably disbands! Fortunately, a pep talk from Rachel — “the glee club needs a top bitch to keep everyone in line,” she admitted — was all it took to get Miz Wilde back on board. Even better, she came equipped with a list of the three songs guaranteed to reduce Sue to a weepy puddle of emotions, clinching a victory for the New Directions. (Side note: Sam convincing Spencer to finally join the glee club was also a major coup, though I’d be careful about comparing newbies to Finn if I were him.)

(STILL) UNDER YOUR SPELL | Just as Sue’s “invitational” competition heated up this week, so too did Sam and Rachel’s pseudo-flirtationship. I mean, Sam — though under Sue’s mind control — even referred to himself as Rachel’s “future husband,” a declaration that’s only been made once before in the series (but I won’t get into specifics, because one recap can only handle so much emotion).

This recap was brought to you by the following sponsors: “Puck’s brother, cross-dressing Mercedes and the one with the fat mom.” Happy Friday, everybody!

And now, we play the (very limited this week) rating game…
The Warblers: “My Sharona”/”You Spin Me Round” — Rating: C
New Directions: “It Must Have Been Love”/”Father Figure”/”All Out of Love” — Rating: C+

Your thoughts on Kitty’s return? Klaine’s kiss? Samchel’s… whatever that was? Drop ’em all in the comments section below.

1. sam says:

I ship kalter!

• Shaz says:

I thought it was silly at first, but I love them together too. Their date was cute, and Sue was so funny as their server.
      Klaine shippers need to relax. Its just a tv show, why take it so personal? Truth be told, as much as I hate Klaine and like Kalter and Karovlain …..Dalaine……Blainofsky? Dave and Blaine……as much as I like all the new couples……they’ll probably pair Kurt and Blaine up at the end to keep the crazy people who are all “I AM OFFENDED AND REFUSE TO WATCH, EXCEPT FOR EVERY WEEK WHEN I WATCH”. I don’t care who gets with who…..cause its not real…….i think I’ve felt that way since Corey and Finn died, that sorta broke the 4th wall for me, and I don’t really care who gets with who now, I just want to finish the season off and say goodbye to the show. I will say that I am happy that I’m not having to watch Marley and Jake, and I’m pleasantly surprised at how Kitty is the one who has taken a leadership Rachel-y role in new directions.
      Reading so much hate by Klaine and Finchel fans has opened my eyes to the rabid fans of TV. They sound absolutely crazy. If I was evil, I would pray that Rachel and Sam get married on the finale along with Blaine and Dave…..but I’m not evil….but it would be funny to hear the crazies whinge over how unhappy they are and how they DESERVED a better finale. We dont deserve anything. The Lost finale wasn’t everything I wanted…..it wasn’t really anything that I wanted…..but it happened…and I can look back and accept it for what it was and move on.

• Angela says:

Extreme shippers can really suck all the fun out of a fandom. I have no dog in the shipping fights for this particular show, but there’s other shows I like where I do have pairings I’m particularly fond of…
        …but I don’t spaz out on the writers/showrunner/producers, etc. if I don’t get my way and my favorite pairing isn’t canon. Is it nice if they do become canon? Sure. I wouldn’t complain if that happened with the pairings I like. But if they don’t, it’s really not the end of the world, and I seriously wish some shippers out there would get that fact through their heads. Like you said, we don’t deserve anything, we’re not entitled to our pairings being canon. It’s just a nice, fun bonus to enjoying a show as a whole if it happens. Rabid shippers need to learn to settle down.

2. Ashley says:

Refusing to take the Sam/Rachel stuff seriously since they’ve decided to go about it in the most contrived manner possible. The newbies remain one of better parts of the final season and part of me wishes they showed up sooner, but the other part of me knows that if they did they would have been ruined eventually.

• Tom says:

I agree, and its not just contrived, tonights episode was disrespectful to everything Finchel meant to each other. Sam is written as nothing more than The Village Idiot and Rachel has turned into the total Lima Loser.

• Shaz says:

I do agree with you about the Sam Rachel hypno-love-sabotage device. It’s absolutely lame, but the tiny tiny tiny thin silver lining is we get to see is that Sam/Chord is a trooper and kinda funny in those scenes. But like I said….tiny, thin silver lining. Small….

3. JJ says:

That was one of the worst episodes of Glee ever. The writers aren’t even trying anymore. The whole episode just poked fun at the crazy tinhatter Klainers who only care about Klaine reuniting back together despite the fact that everything about Klaine shows them as incompatible. I’m sure the K(b)lainers are all flailing right now about how hot the kliss was, but it was about as hot as kissing your grandmother. It is really disappointing that all of the hard work that Chris Colfer has put into making Kurt the breakout character on Glee is being destroyed to please a nasty abusive part of the fandom.

• MC says:

Someone says this every week…”worst episode ever.” It’s difficult to write a weekly show because you can’t just jump to the favorite endgame of certain fans. You have to create plenty of plots and subplots before we ever reach that endgame. Some of the subplots are messy and unsatisfying, just like life is often messy and sometimes disappointing.

4. Mike says:

To me, it’s truly disappointing that instead of investing in an emotionally-salient, reality-based resolution to Kurt and Blaine’s relationship — one of very few, high-profile, iconic and important gay relationships on television over the past half-decade-plus — Glee has chosen to use Sue as a means of trolling the super-Klaine-fans who have harassed the creators for years. I would have preferred to see a reconciliation based in reality rather than this I’ve-fallen-into-a-black-hole-and-landed-in-a-universe-parallel-to-Glee’s-past-seasons-created-to-poke-fun-at-oneself. While I did chuckle at the doll’s dialogue and the symbolic nature of it representing super-fandom and their incessant demands, the overt/meta way that the resolution is being handled (the calendar at the end…) leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Oh, what could have been…

• Preach! says:

They are not just trolling Klaine, they are doing it to Finchel too, which is even more disgusting since Finn is dead. The Samchel stuff revolting! Instead of doing a meaningful Rachel is moving on SL they are turning her and Finchel into a joke.

• Jess says:

Finchel was already a joke though.

• Bianca says:

OMG THANK YOU FOR SAYING IT.
          people constantly tip toe around it since the actor is dead but Finchel was always ridiculous. Who in their right mind would stay with someone like that in HS and onward to college, with the way they treated each other????

• dcl33 says:

Whatever did you all expect. Klainers has been harassing and sending death treats and who the hell knows what else to RIB, cast and crew for the past half a year, if not longer. Did ya’ll think that they would not do this? RM is known to be vindictive little troll. He did exact same thing to Brittana fandom, and compared to what klainers have been doing what Brittana fandom did looked like nothing. Brittana fandom asked for equal representation while klainers demand everything. Now even stating how Glee is sexist, cause their precious couple is not gonna plan their kledding. But here is the thing, while Brittana fandom got like 2 sentences being trolled with, you got 2 full episodes of Sue representing klainers do the stupidest and most psychotic s**t ever. And here’s the kicker, majority of klainers don’t even get that they are mocking them on grand scale.

• Joey says:

It’s really a scary thing when the closest to sane thing you see from them is “Well, it’s a little weird how it happened, but OMG THEY KISSED”.

• dcl33 says:

I didn’t see a kiss, I saw Darren trying to eat Chris’s face. It was awkward and that was one of the best kissing scene they shared. But Klainers got their kliss and they are gonna get their kledding and its 5 episodes left after that. And if they p***ed off RIB enough they will kluck with them and give them a klivorce.

• will says:

This entire show has been meta. Even episode one was meta. That’s been the joke through the entire series. If you’re just seeing it now, I daresay you have completely missed the writer’s intent. There were moments that were very clearly serious and framed dramatically but ultimately the entire show is a self-aware comedy that uses those dramatic moments in bursts to maximum effect, and then jokes about them later.

5. TJ says:

That Samchel stuff is totally disgusting. To use Finn’s endgame line and have Sam say he was her future husband (another Finn line & slap to Finchel) is sickening in the extreme. What complete disrespect to Finchel and Finn/Cory. Just as bad to have Rachel’s first “romance” to be a manipulation is even more disgusting. There is no way anyone but the die hard Chord stans that can take this paring seriously. It’s just sick!

• tina says:

I agree. It is like they are making fun of the Finchel relationship. I really thought that they would handle Rachel moving forward more sensitively, but I guess the writers think it is one big joke.

• Tracy says:

This whole season is one big joke! I am only watching with the hope of seeing Rachel be happy but I think this season is the worst final season of any TV show in history! It’s obvious that Ryan and Brad just don’t care any more! I feel sorry for the actors…

6. Tori Coop says:

#Faberry

7. Its a joke says:

This show is crap fest! Sam has got to be the biggest loser idiot ever to walk the halls of WMHS! They keep trying to make him into Finn and its sad because that idiot shouldn’t even be allowed to speak Finn’s name!

8. LOL says:

I’m thinking weak minded Sam’s IQ will keep falling week to week just like Glee’s ratings.

9. abz says:

The only good part of the episode was that emotional moment between Kitty and Rachel. The rest was just crappy and creepy.

• macs says:

Rachel and Kitty were basically the episode’s saving grace. Lea and Becca are a hoot and have great chemistry together. Sue and Klaine should just stop.

• TJA says:

Sam needs to stop too!

• abz says:

Yeah, Kitty was my favourite out of the first set of newbies. I hope we see more of her. I get that the show seems to be poking fun at the Klaine shipping, but its so stupid the way they’ve done it and two episodes of this dumb Klaine/Sue storyline is just annoying.

• LeahKittyS says:

I know this has nothing to do with the show, but me and my sister are also Leah and Becca and it’s funny the relationship between them reminds me of us.

10. Josh says:

On a Postive Note I enjoyed the beginning of A Kitty/Rachel Friendship and basically love all the songs that were covered

11. figgs says:

Teacher Rachel is adorable. Even though she will, and should, work her way back to Broadway, her work and pride in her kids was really sweet to see.

• abz says:

That was one of the very few good things about this episode. She really was cute and adorable watching them perform and wanting them to do well.

12. abz says:

I can’t believe how much time the show is wasting on Sue and this Klaine nonsense. I’ve liked Sue and think she’s funny sometimes, but having her take over these episodes when there’s so little left is so stupid, especially with ridiculous and creepy garbage that she’s been doing these past episodes. They could use that time to focus on Rachel and Kurt and some other originals and even spend a small amount of time exploring these new newbies and Kitty who are all pretty likable so far and have some great voices. The show made an effort to bring these newbies on and yet five episodes, they’ve barely done anything with them.

• Sue says:

Well they let Sue hijack Rachel’s Opening Night so its not surprising. But I agree, while I love Sue, she is best in small doses. They are also wasting time with the Samchel garbage. Instead of allowing Rachel to have a real SL that shows her moving forward they stick her with Glee’s resident male slut that is so stupid he lets Sue control his mind.

• abz says:

Yeah, I am in full support of Rachel being alone for the rest of this season. Samchel is just plain stupid and annoying. If there was another season I’d be fine with them bringing in a NEW guy for her somewhere down the line, but with so little time left, all I wanna see from her is her growth, working with the Glee club as well as figuring out what she wants to do with herself when she’s ready to let the Glee club and pursue her own career once again.

• Tracy says:

I hated the way they gave Sue so much airtime during Rachel’s Broadway debut episode! What a waste!

13. Scott says:

I think people are getting to upset about these relationships. It’s Glee people. Sam and Rachel are not going to develop into a real relationship, calm down. I found nothing disgusting or offensive as some of you are saying. Stop taking this show so seriously.

• Sorry but says:

Using the lines their dead leading man used on Rachel’s first romantic interest is pretty disgusting. It seems like RIB are making fun of Finchel by letting the tool known as Sam repeat some of Finn’s last words to and about Rachel. It very offensive and very insensitive. At this point, Samchel is nothing more than a sick joke that is sadly going to continue for several more episodes.

• Scott says:

Considering how much everyone who worked on this show loved and respected Cory Montieth, that is not what is being implied, that’s just an interpretation. I did not find it offensive or disgusting. Just my opinion, and you can have yours, I just don’t see it that’s all.

• Shaz says:

I agree with you 100%! If this really was insensitive and disgusting….would the actors and friends of Cory really agree to do those scenes and say those lines? They’re ok with it, I’m ok with it. Get over it!

• Scott says:

They even paid homage to Finn in the locker room this episode.

• TJ says:

yeah it came from Sam which tainted it considering how they have been trying to turn Sam into Finn since episode 506. they also used Sam that same way during last years Nationals and it was just as meaningless coming from him then.

• Scott says:

I havnt seen it that way, but maybe I’m just not a die hard fan. It’s cool, I just try to enjoy it for what it is. Definitely not even close as good as it used to be, and I didn’t really care for either of the hurt locker episodes. But the first 3 were pretty good, so hoping it goes back to that.

• Scott says:

Also, what lines exactly were used? The future husband thing? I’m really asking, I jus didn’t catch the identical lines Finn had said.

• Finn says:

The last time Finchel was together Finn told her they were end game. When Finn went to NY confront Brody he told Brody to stay away from his future wife. And Finn didn’t need Sue to make him say those things.

• Scott says:

Oh ok I remember now, wasn’t it at the wedding?

• Seanny says:

Actually that episode was the worst use of Finn’s character on the show… so if they are making fun of themselves for that very creepy line, then more power to them. As it played out in tonight’s episode, I thought it was funny, just an absurd moment that Rachel didn’t take seriously, at all.

• anon33guest says:

Them using that god awful “future wife” line for meta was no big deal. Them using the endgame line was too far and not because Finn said it but rather because Rachel heard and showed she agreed with it. Not to mention he said it their very last night together so I would think she would have a pointed reaction to hearing anybody else use it. Instead it didn’t seem to register to her at all and that is the stupid and weird part.

• Kylie says:

Yes they are, sorry. Spoilers completely show they are indeed going to become a thing and have a very high chance at being endgame.

• Not so sure says:

I think tonight’s ep kind makes them less likely to be an endgame couple. They are obviously playing the pairing as a joke to be made fun of. Sam has to be hypnotized to have feelings for Rachel? That’s not a relationship to be taken seriously. If I were to guess, they are killing screen time until Rachel will leave Lima and Sam for Broadway.

• Samchel says:

The only thing the spoilers say is someone has to push them along into dating and we find out they were secretly dating in ep 7. Nothing about this relationship screams its for real or serious. Its being treated as joke and nothing more. With Mercedes coming back and the Samcedes history I think this Rachel stuff is just a midgame for Samcedes to be end game. I mean come on, having Rachel stuck in Lima and giving up her dreams , especially for a tool like Sam, is about a likely as Sam joining Mensa. Sam went to NY and hated it. Rachel’s series endgame is Broadway. Overall I think the writers are playing the Samchel fans and making fun of the them by saying you want Samchel, here it is, as glees biggest joke.

• Kylie says:

Well I’m here to tell you you’re absolutely wrong. That spoiler your claiming is absolutely false and has been proven untrue. There is no secret dating storyline at all. That was a foiler that went out over the summer. Here are some real spoilers for you.

That third interested party you want to know who it is? Give you a hint she’s in the promo and she casually asks Rachel about Sam not even sounding mad. Give up, it’s Mercedes. Mercedes is being used to give Sam and Rachel a push in the right direction. That does not bode well at all for Samcedes. In fact it’s gonna be basically resolving them, giving them closure and then burying it. Meanwhile clearing the way for Samchel and Mercedes being an advocate supporter of them.

A spoiler for episode 7 is that the romantic tension between Sam and Rachel boils over in episode 7, and they sing Time After Time. Yes one of the most well known love songs of all time. Want to tell me again that they’re a joke? BC they’re not and Samcedes is gonna be sunk in the next episode.

• Kylie says:

Also who says that Rachel would have to give up her dreams to be with Sam? Sam can go with her, as long as he can find a head coaching position in New York it probably won’t be much of a problem. Or they can go long distance, but I think scenario A is more likely going from spoilers and they’re filming episode 11 right now.

14. Newbie says:

That new kid that sang Father Figure has a great voice! These are the newbies they should have used in S4! Instead S4 was a total waste with that terrible newbie casting! And is Sam still hypnotized because this lame Samchel crap goes on for several more episodes and tonight’s ep made it 2 eps too long!

• micheleepps says:

Noah Guthrie is the new kid that sang Father Figure. He’s the only reason I’m watching this year. If you like him he has an album of originals and a ton of covers on Youtube.

15. Ronnie says:

This was an uneven episode. The scenes with the newbies and Kitty were good. They need more of it. Most of the scenes with Sue and Klaine were silly, but Kurt’s date at the restaurant with Sue as the waitress was hilarious. I understand why so many people don’t want Sam and Rachel together, esp. since they are not writing Sam’s role with much needed maturity but I think it’s more a device to create a triangle to give the characters some of the usual Glee drama. I hope they can get back to the balance they had in the first 3 episodes this season.

16. mehere says:

haven’t watched glee for two and a half years and decided to check online and see if it was still on the air. Imagine that….it is. and some people are still watching. Who are these amazing, stalwart few? I couldn’t even read the recap all the way through…no offense to the writer, it’s that the show itself sounds like it’s just grinding its sad little gears.

17. Seanny says:

It’s bizarre to me that Amber Riley and Kevin McHale are getting star billing this season when we’ve hardly seen their characters at all.

18. Tracy says:

Love Sam and Rachel!

19. Tracy says:

I miss the Sam from the early years; the one who was in “Hold On To Sixteen”! That guy was smart, family oriented, decent and worth dating! I don’t see why Ryan and Brad need to make so many people stupid or gay! It’s not entertaining!

• Fernanda says:

Sam character was ruined since Season 4 when the producers paired him with Blaine into a friendship fantasy gay romance and also when he dated Brittany. The producers didn’t waste money to hire another actor for Rachel’s new love interest. I would cast some of his Spring Awakening’s mates such as Jhon Gallagher Jr. or Skylar Astin but both actors are in other projects.

• Sam says:

Sam worked in the early seasons because he was a secondary character. Chord is not leading man material and can’t carry a SL. The more screen time he gets the more his short comings as an actor are highlighted. And paring him with Lea makes is even worse since Lea’s Rachel is a such a strong personality/character.

20. Alan says:

PLEASE!!! AM I REALLY THE ONLY ONE who actually understand comedy??? am I the only one who found #TheHurtLocker (1 & 2) were HILARIOUS. Seriously about all those #SAMCHEL scenario it’s all just JOKE. Don’t people see the joke on it? It’s never gonna be real, come on, have a little faith on the writers. And seriously these two eps have been some of Glee’s most comical eps in so many ways. Especially because Jane Lynch got lots of parts in these, and the music is just great as always–ESPECIALLY tonight, so I really disagree with the score card above, ha. ————– but then again in the end, there’s no accounting for taste, so if I’m d only one who actually loves these eps, fine w me, ha! x

• Cate53 says:

Agreed the moaning about this episode is odd. However expecting people to trust the writers is also pretty hilarious! One thing that has always been consistent about Glee is its inconsistency!
      However, I’m enjoying the little funny one liners a lot, like rachel not knowing the new kids names, Sues comments about how many weeks left, Sue’s disappointments like missing out on the acting roles and of course that delightful little Faberry shout out!!

Big problem for me with the last 2 episodes is the music. Rock Lobster and Whip,It were awful,song choices for Vocal Adrenaline and this week we had ZERO songs from the main cast! (New Direction Newbies don’t count, Kitty was never a major singer)
      You can’t have Lea Michele and not have her sing!!!

21. Sara says:

Hey Kurt, just remember, if he cheats WITH you, he’ll probably cheat ON you….oh…wait…

22. greysfan says:

Kitty and Rachel was the best part of this episode but then the rest of the episode fell flat on its head. However I didn’t mind the New Directions songs near the end but that Warblers performance was horrible. That Klaine stuff please stop already!

23. Susannah says:

Why are they doing so few songs in this show anymore? It’s the only reason I tune in since the writing is so awful.

24. I’m surprised you didn’t mention the self-referential content in this episode. I loved Becky’s consternation about Sue’s surreptitious filming of Klaine — “But this is, like, a dream sequence — how could you film that?!?” Back in the Hurt Locker, Sue points to the Klaine calendar and says, “We still have six more weeks of scheming — possibly seven depending on network pre-emptions.” I suppose that people either love or hate these references. Since I believe one of the greatest things about this show is the snark, and not taking itself too seriously (well, most of the time), I loved it.

25. buster says:

The best part of this episode was the Kitty and Rachel relationship. Also loved watching the Glee Club actually sing. I also thought some of the Sue stuff was pretty funny but also weird. The worst part of the episode was again the Rachel and Sam stuff. They really need to stop forcing that relationship. If Sam must be with someone send him back to 1 of the million girls he has claimed to love already. They need to stop making him the village idiot and school slut and start showing some maturity. As for Rachel I really don’t see the need to force her with somebody. I think it would be classic Rachel and the perfect ending to just see her focus on her career and back on Broadway. Like I have said before if they must put her with someone why not Jesse St. James. He at least can match her career and talent and that would make sense to me.

• Jay says:

” If Sam must be with someone send him back to 1 of the million girls he has claimed to love already. ”

Lol no one wants him. All of his girlfriends have dumped him or cheated on him unceremoniously. I actually like Sam from time to time, and he is a nice guy, but being a nice guy does not mean that he is mature enough to be a partner in a relationship. He needs to figure out the difference between love and infatuation because he does not seem to have a clue of how to have a genuine, organic romantic relationship. It will come with age but, as of right now, all of his wild romantic declarations and conquests come across as incredibly shallow. Maybe Rachel will be different, but this is not a good start to their story.

26. Co says:

Another weird episode. I don’t like Rachel and Sam together. For once can Rachel not be with Simone and focus on getting her life back together. If this was a real competition there is no way the new directions would have won. For starters they only had 6 people. I liked there songs but I felt like the singers didn’t do the songs justice, I usually love kitty’s voice nope not tonight. I wished they would have used these songs in earlier seasons with the original cast they would have killed them. I really want klaine back together but this is just a weird way to do it. Since they were trapped in the elevator all that time why couldn’t we get a talk about everything.

27. Mickey says:

I’m very disappointed on the direction that Glee is going. When it first began there was an entertaining aspect story line in a normalish high school scenario and the music was fantastic. Now it’s become a scifi/nightmare series. What happened to the music and a decent storyline? I miss that.

• Timmah says:

Yes, the music has to follow a believable storyline in order for it to have any emotional punch. So far we’ve had completely ridiculous stories with the old characters, as well as new characters that the writers don’t seem interested at all in fleshing out.

28. Ann says:

I had hoped that since this was the last season, that they’d have put some effort into the final few episodes they have left…but no. They’re still doing the same old dumb stuff of the past few seasons. This show has really lost it, it’s almost unbearable to watch. The only highlight of these episodes so far has been the newbies. I almost wish they had been introduced earlier when the originals graduated high school. The focus of the show should have always been on the high school glee club, not the original members. This show could have been salvageable if the writers had been intelligent enough to take the Friday Night Lights route and let those kids go after they graduate, with occassional guest appearances and updates, in a natural manner.

• tina says:

One of the appeals to Glee was the chemistry of the original cast. Once Glee focused on the students and not Will they could not go back. Do you think anyone would have watched if all the originals graduated after season 3 and never showed up? You may have watched, but who else?

29. brandydanforth81 says:

I mostly liked the episode-Sues comment about about six or seven weeks depending on network preemptions was funny and she hilarious as the waitress at the restruant when zkurt & Walter were on thier date.Didnt like Samchel,the whole Sue hypnotics ing Sam is stupid.I don’t think Samchel is endgame,it’s too rushed,forced & Jesse St James is returning.Knew Kaliane would realize they still have feelings for each otherit was funny even the deaf teacher knew Klaine were endgame.Kitty was great,the songs New Directions sang were good.

30. Steph says:

I mostly enjoyed the ep because it DID poke fun at the tin-hatter part of the K(b)lainers and because Chris Colfer’s comedic flair (kept low, not over the top) made the elevator scene and all of Kurt’s scenes funny to me. I DO think the kiss was amazingly well done in the smaller aspects. Kurt’s semi-glazed look after. Kitty, Rachel and Sue were fun. Sure, the SL/plot devices were twisted, but this IS a comedy; I think if we’d seen this in the first season w/o the emotional baggage, most would agree.:

I loved Walter & Kurt. I thought I would hate that, but Walter took no crap from waitress-Sue and was pretty good, all round. Dating, but not an exclusive relationship, perhaps. Too bad he’s not 30 yrs younger. As it is, Walter is like a much older, post Karofsky suicide attempt Sebastian, in some ways. I’ve always liked the potential there.

I think “Father Figure”, featuring Noah Guthrie, was the best song done. Next would be the Warblers’ and then the robotic VA.

While normally Chord and Sam are the most lumbering of the portrayals, this was actually OK, though PUCK was Finn’s best friend. Still, that was a good bit of dialogue, if you ignore reality, which Glee seems to be doing.

I did resent the “my Klainers” tweet. I guess 6 years of fantastic work by Chris Colfer to create a character that had global impact has been wiped out by 3 yrs of a conventionally handsome add-on? Chris Colfer’s acting and emotional range made “Klaine” possible and important. Guess that counts for nothing.

31. bailey says:

Go klaine

• Marco says:

I hope you realize that Glee basically said you’re the villain of the fandom. I’d feel a bit insulted if I were you.

• abz says:

LOL I don’t think some realize that these past two episodes were basically making fun of people obsessed with Klaine and showing how crazy some people have been. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was someone out there with a shrine to Klaine similar to Sue’s.

• dcl33 says:

Well thats the thing about klainers, they do not realize that they were making fun of them for past 2 episode. And thats fraking hilarious when I watch them cheer at Sue. They literally think Sue is their hero.

32. Wire Dreamer says:

Now that Glee has deliciously mocked the demented “Klaine” community, it needs to next decimate the insane “Finnchels” – the maniacal pathetic community who can’t accept Cory Monteith’s suicide-by-selfishness and attack any Rachel pairing. Hahaha! Finally, a reason to watch Glee after 3 years of fan abuse!

33. KC says:

Great and very funny episode!
    Samchel- Yes, please give me more. They are fantastic together.
    Klaine – HOT – Their chemistry to so good, you can tell how close and comfortable they are with each other.
    Sue – eeh…a bit creepy
    Walter – I’ll put up with him, but we know he’ll end up being a mentor to Kurt and pushing him toward Blaine.
    Kitty – I can take her or leave her, but she is is good to take some control over the boring newbies.
    I agree with the grades on the songs. We don’t want to hear any other people sing besides the Glee originals we know and love.

• Co says:

I agree! It’s the last season why bring in new characters. I’m not invested in and they don’t sing the best sorry. I hate the storyline of Kurt and Rachel to come back to be teachers it is so not them. I want to hear the originals sing more.

• Ronnie says:

I hate when people say “we don’t want to hear any other people…” Speak for yourself! Some of us actually like this new batch of students!

34. Jan says:

Seriously … I’m done! I won’t watch another episode unless it gets a rave review on this recap site (then I’ll catch it On Demand). So very disappointed in last week and last night’s episodes!

35. Matthew says:

This was such a weird episode. The fake elevator was ridiculous as was the sue dummy. I know this kind of over the top stuff is what glee descended into post season 3 but the first part of this season had seemed to get over it and back to the season 1 charm a bit. I wish they stuck with it. Also I would love to see the new directions actually prepare for once rather than just wing it and win. It’s ridiculous that their meandering around stage beats fully correographed routines. I would think a perfectionist like Rachel wouldn’t run things like that.

36. brandydanforth81 says:

I would’ve given the Warblers & Vocal adrenaline lower song scores but New Directions higher,ND were fairly good.It was good having Kitty back.Im suprised& Dissapointed that they brought in another group of newbies when it’s the final season ,a shortened one at that and the first group of newbies got a less than favorable response from Viewrs.Kittys line”Listen up newbs,Ill pick on all of you at some point but don’t disparage what we do as a team” was great & so was her line about them trusting Rachel.This show feels like and reminds of me Saved By the Bell:the New Class-they had more than one class of newbies after the originals fans lived graduated.I’m glad ND won-talent wise they desrved too-but they didn’t have 12 members or both co -directors present so they technically shouldn’t ve.I think they’ve done a poor job of character growth /development for Sue-seriously, six years later she’s still a bully and out to destroy Glee Club?I wish they show had just concentrated on the original group and the first class of newbies instead of adding another new group of newbies.

• brandydanforth81 says:

I think it’s cool in a way that Rachel & Kurt came back to save glee club& teach them -and to a certain extent I can see the show ending that way-but.I predict Rachel will go back to Broadway,Mr Schue resigns/gets fired from VA & returns to ND,ND wins Sectionals& Regionals,last song is “Don’t Stop Beliving”.

37. Isobel says:

“and Raider” ;)

38. mc says:

What they did for invitationals was awesome, but not “Somebody to Love” awesome. But it’s not fair to compare. But I liked how they wore blue like the very first invitationals.

39. Annie says:

I loved the conversation between Becky and Sue exposing the two sides of the fandom.

40. Balleng says:

Sometimes when the music isn’t bad, the storyline doesn’t matter. So good musIc, even the warblers. No to sue’s plans for klaine… Ps: becky questioning the dream video priceless! The best kiss klaine ever had was the first one, that one was just too weird! Oh… I hope they bring back marley, jake and ryder to help the new directions. This episode was not bad!!!

41. Gail says:

The show has been so over the top this season that it wouldn’t surprise me if it is revealed in the final episode that this season has just been a dream Rachel is having right before her TV show premieres. She wakes up and it turns out the show is a big hit. The End.

42. Bobby says:

I really liked this episode. I’m still tired of the Sue Sylvester hate-a-thon but overall, very good episode. Felt like old times.

43. Winnie says:

Wow. “Father Figure” gets no love here and is just grouped in as a C+ with other songs this week? From [most importantly] Noah Guthrie’s delivery as the song’s lead to Rachel’s moment of pride from backstage and finally, Will getting busted (by Vocal Adrenaline) for clearly enjoying it, I thought that was a standout.

44. Luis says:

The writers have clearly decided to treat these last 13 episodes as an opportunity to indulge in hallucinogenic fantasies without any regard for anything resembling common sense. Was that a frakkin’ “Saw” reference? Has Sue Sylvester become nothing but a cardboard target for ridicule? Why did Matthew Morrison even bother showing up for work? I’m very happy for Melissa Benoist for getting tossed from this Titanic and landing a “super” new role – I hope the other castoffs feels as lucky. No such luck for poor Kitty who now has to straddle the line between good and evil with a bunch of people she doesn’t know and has no reason to care about. It makes me so sad to think about where this show was after its first two seasons and to watch the utter pathetic mess that its become. Thanks again, Ryan Murphy. Keep bangin out those American Horror Stories and good luck bringing us the saga of two men the world no longer cares about, O.J. Simpson and Cuba Gooding, Jr.

45. fiberlicious says:

WTH did I just watch? That was unspeakably awful.

46. Greg says:

This whole season of GLEE has been one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. It’s so jaw-droppingly bad, that I have decided to watch to the end — but only because there’s an end in sight. The characters have all been sent to the most insane places and they’re doing things which are so completely absurd and not even possible — except in this tweaked universe.

I don’t recall ever seeing a show get so bad. It’s beyond jumping the shark…it’s jumped off the planet!