Exclusive

The Good Wife Brings Back Gary Cole for Springtime Story Arc

Good Wife Gary Cole Returns

Gary Cole is heading back to The Good Wife for a springtime story arc, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Cole last appeared on the acclaimed CBS drama in November 2013, shortly after his character, Kurt McVeigh, tied the knot with Christine Baranski’s Diane Lockhart.

How has that marriage withstood all the workplace drama Diane has weathered since? Find out when Cole puts in his first appearance in a March episode.

The Good Wife resumes Season 6 on Sunday, March 1.

1. I’m glad reading this. Not only because Gary Cole, but for anything related to the good wife. This feels like a very long hiatus.

• rowan77 says:

Bringing it back for only two episodes before another long hiatus seemed mean. I got all happy and now I’m suffering Good Wife withdrawls.

2. Annie says:

So glad Kurt returns, but… MARCH??? WHY??

3. Sam says:

Wait. We don’t get new episodes until March???????? At least February is a short month…

• casper says:

Unfortunately we have to wait till March because of all the stupid football games and super bowl junk. That seems to be more important than regular programing. Then why do we have sports channels?? The so called CEO’s would rather interrupt our programs.

• dman6015 says:

The Super Bowl (final football game of the season) is on Feb. 1st. That leaves 27 other days in the month to put on some new Good Wife. I would think CBS would do February and skip March, given all their coverage of March Madness.

4. Luis says:

I have to admit, I was kind of beginning to wonder exactly what kind of marriage this was. I mean, I know Diane’s been busy trying to destroy Cary & Alicia, mourning Will, dealing with David Lee and Louis Canning, leaving her own firm, joining Cary and Alicia, keeping Cary out of prison . . . now that I think about it, we’re probably lucky they managed to shoehorn old Kurt back into the story. Welcome back, Gary!

5. Finally! The absence of Diane’s husband has been glaring.

6. Denise says:

Wonderful news! Hope it’s a positive arc and not fighting or getting separated.

7. DW says:

Welcome Back! March 1st seems very far away when we are missing TV’s best show.

8. Sad to say but due to too many interruptions in the broadcasting of this erstwhile excellent show, I shall not be viewing “the Good Wife” any longer. It’s such a shame-the writing used to be excellent as well as the performances of the actors. Now it seems as if the plot lines are improvised and the actors are “going through the motions”. Add to this miasma the departure of Josh Charles and the proposed departure of Archie Panjabi and you’ve got a show that should be removed from the air. That’s too bad as I anxiously used to look forward to watching this each and every week

• rowan77 says:

Oh please. Obviously nothing is improvised because the storylines are so intricate. I was worried about Josh’s leaving last season, but it really propelled the show into areas we never would have seen with Josh still in the mix. I think it really rejuvenated the show.

Granted there are more leaps in reason than there used to be and it took far too long to address the fact that that Alicia never bothered to put her partners in the loop about her candidacy. And while the Cary prison storyline took too long to wrap up, it still made for some very compelling moments.

So stop watching. I for one will continue so I can see how this all ends.

9. Caro says:

Great! I love Kurt and I love that Diane married him. I hope the writers will keep them happy together!

10. amy says:

he’s awesome! prolli one of the best characters on the show! apparently TGW is likely to be cancelled. Frankly, it should go – josh charles is no longer on it – enough said lol

11. Jenna says:

I hope this means that the show is at least touching on legal cases and that the endless campaign story has finally wrapped up.

12. dman6015 says:

“Hello Peter, whats happening? Ummm, I’m gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here around 9 that would be great, mmmk… oh oh! and I almost forgot ahh, I’m also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday too, kay. We ahh lost some people this week and ah, we sorta need to play catch up.”

13. TGW fan says:

I love these two separately but they are such an unlikely couple and have about as much chemistry as orange juice and toothpaste .

I do like their friendship and whenever he is on the show. His character adds so much. I picture Diane with a completely different type ….he hasn’t been on yet but I’ll know him when I see him.

14. TGW fan says:

Very said about the long hiatus. Can barely stand a couple of weeks but six?

15. Tamara says:

OH! FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY!!! I AM SO HAPPY! I was waiting and waiting to see the two of them together again because we know nothing about these marriage. I hope he’ll stay more then 1 episode. Maybe all :D

16. T says:

this is a ridiculously hiatus. i had trouble remembering where we had left off before the last 2 episodes never mind 6 wks. Its just downright mean.

17. Guy Walker says:

What is most annoying is that the CBS page for The Good Wife tells you NOTHING of the schedule. Weeks and I’ve been wondering what in BLAZES is going on without airing a serial network TV show. I still cannot fathom what in the world someone is thinking? You can’t depend on anything, and now you can’t depend on… TV! The world has gone to pieces.

18. Micki16 says:

1st Will and now Kalinda!!!! Who’s next …Diane? There not going to have enough characters left to do this show soon if they don’t start getting some new ppl!!!!

19. Marcua says:

After such a long hiatus I’ve lost interest!! Can’t even remember what the last episode was about! I found something else to replace my Sunday night viewing . If you don’t have enough episodes for the season take it off the air!!!

20. LA says:

Wow, the show has been off for so long – stupid football is right. So glad it’s over. Guess we have to wait until March for next episode. What is up with that?? Please CBS, leave the Good Wife on for a while. It’s definitely the best show on TV.

• julie says:

march 8.2015 Usually love the Good Wife but this one was TERRIBLE. , any more like this and I’m gone. julie

• deidra says:

I agree. The episide with Ed Asner was awful. His lines were gross and gratuitous. It was the worst episode so far. I find I am less concerned if I miss an episode nowadays. Though I catch up, I don’t run to do so like before.

21. Shon says:

Good show

22. Nancy says:

I always looked forward to watching the good wife. I am happy to view Diane and Gary working together.gary Cole has always been a classy guy. Signed nancy c.