Pretty Little Liars Recap: Freezer Burn

Pretty Little Liars Recap

Hanna and Caleb have solidified their status as one of Pretty Little Liars‘ most pivotal romantic couples. Their status as forensic experts, however, remains very much in question.

Desperate to erase any false evidence connecting her to Mona’s murder, Hanna on Tuesday plotted to steal the barrel — and whatever, or whoever, was inside it — from the storage facility, but she didn’t count on Officer Toby and Lieutenant Tanner busting her and Caleb mid-deed.

Though I’m not exactly sure how, the couple managed to slink back to Hanna’s house, where she tried to put a little distance between them. “I’m dangerous to be around right now,” she told Caleb, who delivered one of his finest I’ll-always-be-there-for-you speeches yet and snuffed out any chance of a breakup.

Meanwhile, Spencer and Aria nearly became human froyo when “A” led them to an abandoned ice cream factory — every town’s got one! — and trapped them in the freezer. Thanks to Emily’s quick-thinking, as well as her default instinct to beat things with a wrench, both halves of #Sparia made it out just in time to avoid any permanent freezer burn.

And now, for this week’s relationship drama…

Pretty Little Liars RecapEZRIA | Despite everything I screamed at Aria through my television screen, she still decided to show Ezra her letter to Jackie. But much to her surprise — and definitely to mine — he was totally cool with it, telling her, “You did what you had to do to get in.” Then again, a second read of the letter inspired a different thought in Ezra’s head: “I want what’s best for you,” He told Aria, adding that he doesn’t want to be the reason she misses out on any more life experiences. Could this really be the end of #Ezria? Again?

SPOBY | Speaking of couples in limbo, things aren’t looking much better for Toby and Spencer, following yet another brutal fight. Not only was Spencer furious with Toby for not warning her that Tanner was on her way to the storage facility earlier, but when he refused to tell her what was underneath the lid of the barrel, she pretty much flipped hers. In the end, Toby pulled a “Tanner’s calling me” to exit the conversation, but as we saw when he got into his truck and drove off, he really just didn’t feel like talking to Spencer anymore. Such a rookie move.

EMALIA(?) | As two couples struggle to stay together, a new one might also be blossoming in Rosewood. Talia made it crystal clear to Emily that when she asked about Ezra earlier — at which point Emily politely told her to “back off” — it was because she wanted to see Emily‘s reaction. As it turns out, Talia’s also a big ol’ lez and she’s “interested” in pursuing something with Emily. But here’s the question: Are you already crafting Emily-Talia tribute videos for YouTube, or are you hoping Paige comes to visit and reclaim her woman?

Pretty Little Liars RecapJASHLEY | This week’s episode also had plenty for you Jason-Ashley ‘shippers out there. After quitting her job with him, Ashley attempted to play the “I was lonely” card and wiggle away, but Jason wasn’t about to take it lying down — which, of course, was a pun, because that’s exactly how he wants to take it. Anyway, after another heart-t0-heart conversation about being sad and lonely and hot, Jason and Ashley shared a most wondrous kiss, which she abruptly ended out of guilt. Then again, that last shot of Ashley slipping off her engagement ring from Ted has me thinking there might still be hope for #Jashley yet!

PLL fans, are you pulling for Jason and Ashley? Worried about Aria and Ezra? Excited by the idea of Emily and Talia? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories below.

1. Henry says:

Andy is the best. Fandy nation 4life

2. …..how old is Talia? Just for research.

3. JJM says:

Spencer needs to realise that she’s 17 and not a grown-up. I like the girl, but Toby has a career and eventually she’s just going to ruin her relationship or his career, which by domino effect, still ruin her relationship. She shouldn’t expect anything from him professionally when their relationship is a personal one.

• kn1231 says:

But wasn’t that the point of Toby joining the force? He wanted to be there person on the inside, and make sure cases were being looked at from all angles. He knows none of them have done anything wrong, and now he’s just cutting Spencer off from information to keep them all safe. Either he has a plan, or he lied about his reasoning for joining the force.

• Cass says:

My guess is the latter. Toby is still high on my list of suspects for UberA. Has he really done anything to warrant being ruled out? Fooling Mona he was on her team could have just been another game to find out what the other A was up to.

4. Alonia says:

STILL HATE Ashely and Jason if you wanted it interesting make Jason still in to Aria very vunerable point for her and ezra right now and Ezra is just boring these days Jason and Aria have chemistry when they are on screen together LOVE THEM….Jason is handsome but come on just keep “the mom” with someone like Ted something a little more normal in this otherwise completely NOT normal town.

5. E says:

Talia has managed to be more likeable in 5 minutes than Paige was over the course of 5 seasons. I’m still 1000% team Emison but if that aint happening, I will take Talia over awful Paige any day of the week

• ChrisGa says:

Agree regarding Talia and Paige; the former so far is a pretty appealing character while the latter may be the worst character in the history of this show(or, at the very least, in the top 3). Keep Paige wherever the hell she is and off my screen.

6. Laura says:

#Ezria for life. Besides Haleb, Ezria is the major reason I watch the show … in my room, under my covers, with all my lights on – because it’s scary!

7. Nuh says:

Aria why are you the worst!!!?

8. stuntdevil28 says:

I was all about Spoby… Even once said that they were the most realistic couple on the show but the way the writers messed them up made me not even interested about their fights anymore… I’m all about everyone in the show going through some downward spiral but this is suppose to a mystery thriller not a gossip girl reboot… And just freaking reveal A so I can go on with my life lol

9. jessica says:

The important part is that A has Spencer aria and Emily fingerprints on the door where mona bloody stuff is at the abandoned ice cream factory

10. Cody says:

Man, those #Jashley scenes still had me swearing in front of my TV. Also Aria scenes! Thank God she finally had the balls. Last season they wrote Hanna as a genius sleuth but this season they degrade her to a dumb blonde again. Also so excited for #Spoby breakup! Toby bores me to death.

11. Essie says:

I loved Emily with Paige but I like that they introduced a new potential love interest for her. Talia seems like she could be an interesting character. As for Ashley and Jason together? Nope I’m not a fan. It seems forced, I would like to see Jason still be interested in Aria. They have chemistry on screen just like she has with Ezra but a little competition would be fun to watch.

12. Bernice says:

I think Talia will be good for Emily. She needs to forget about Paige. And honestly, she was never as invested in that relationship as Paige was.
    That 2 second promo for next week of Emily and Talia was hotter than any Paily scenes this whole season.

• Bernice says:

Oh and I don’t think Talia is too old, the actress in real life is 24, so I’d say she’s probably about 20 on the show. And Emily has to be at least 17 now, if not 18.
      So nothing to worry about over the ages.

13. crystal says:

When Talia said she was interested in Emily, I half expected Em to start laughing hysterically and be like, “Of course you’re interested in me. I HAVE indeed seen myself in the mirror!” The poor girl can’t catch a break. I don’t think their relationship will be illegal b/c I think Emily turned 18 last season but just…nope. Anyway I would take Talia over Alison or Paige ANY day.
    Secondly did A move the bloody stuff over the ice cream factory after Spencer and the others have been there? I’m a little confused.
    And I love Haleb soo much!

14. gotasecret says:

anybody else think HANNA is A.

15. Heya i’m for the pprimary time here. I came across this
    board and I find It truly helkpful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to offer one thing back and help others
    liike you helped me.

16. Mack says:

I really like Ezra and Arias relationship. Ye hes too old for her but at the end of the day they love each other. Shes in another realationship with someone she doesn’t obviously likes/love. Spoby I love, I love the episode in Season 3 when Toby comes back, they run up to each other and kiss and hug and say I love you and I miss you. That was so touching. I reckon Mona should be back on that ward, shes a physco. Caleb and Hanna have been going since season 2/3 really and had their on again off again relationships but no matter what he still cares for her and she cares for him.

17. haz clic says:

He leido vuestro articulo con mucha atecion y me ha parecido didactico ademas de claro en su contenido. No dejeis de cuidar este blog es bueno.
    Saludos