The Originals' Charles Michael Davis on Freya's Arrival, Marcel's New Romance

The Originals Spoilers

Monday’s The Originals (The CW, 8/7c) is taking viewers back — way back — to World War I to introduce another piece of the increasingly complicated puzzle that is Marcel Gerard.

“The episode is really about seeing Marcel as a present-day leader, then getting to understand how he became that way through flashbacks,” Charles Michael Davis explains to TVLine.

Those flashbacks — filmed “about two or three miles down the road [from The Originals‘ set] on a hill at a horse ranch” — come courtesy of werewolf bite-induced hallucinations, which Davis describes as both “cool” and “creepy.”

“You’ll get a lot of action scenes, but a different kind of action than we’ve had on the show,” he notes. “You won’t see any vamping or biting, but there are lots of explosions and airplanes — some really epic, film-quality shots.”

And it sounds like love — or lust, at the very least — could also be in the cards for Marcel as Season 2 marches on.

The Originals Spoilers“He’s trapped in the Compound right now, so he can’t really get on Tinder or Match.com, but Gia might be a possible love interest,” Davis notes. “He likes her character and her strength, so maybe you’ll see something develop there. You never know.”

As for Freya — you know, that other new girl in town — Davis predicts Marcel’s interactions with the long-lost Mikaelson sister will be fairly limited.

“Any interactions he has with her would come if she threatens his plans, or tries to hurt any of the people he’s protecting,” Davis hypothesizes. “Or maybe she’ll be an ally, if her interests line up with his.”

Originals fans, do you approve of a Marcel-Gia romance? And what do you hope to see from Freya? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Riana says:

So Marcel will not be hooking up with Freya you’re saying

2. JC says:

I think Marcel should be with Rebekah.

3. Leslie says:

I’m all for Marcel hooking up with Gia. It will keep her away from Elijah.

4. Ally Oop says:

I like that we get scoop on Originals every Monday like clockwork. I feel right now that Marcel is kind of becoming a background character lately. Part of the problem is that Rebecca left, leaving a major storyline of his on the backburner and he and Klaus are not really interacting right now. As Marcel is not an Original family member, his character’s prominence mon the show depends on his involvement with Orignals. Currently, the characters I am most interested in are Klaus, Hayley, Elijah and Kol.

5. marie says:

Isn’t it already confirmed that freya is played by Riley? The same actress who played Kols date in 1914.

6. josh says:

I wouldn’t mind seeing marcel and gia together. And i hope freya joins klaus and try to convince Finn to join them against there aunt.

7. Danielle H. says:

NOO Gia/Marcel romance. No No no… I get a slight lesbian vibe from Gia so I think we should see her go that way (even though she was slightly hitting on Elijah).

Hope they casted right for Freya!

8. sehlersrn says:

I would love to see Freya become and ally to her siblings. I would love to see the siblings band together against the Aunt who is about to come back and see Baby Hope be the key that brings them all together. I do not like Marcel and Gia together. I am totally a Marcel and Rebecca fan. I love the Rebecca character and I would love to see her play a bigger part in the rest of the series.

9. Hope Suitor says:

I like Marcel and Gia together. And I am a Elijah and Haley fan. Its nice to go into Marcel past because you don’t get to see to much of that

10. Michael Lanza says:

Sure a Marcel-Gia hookup would be cool…Gia is smoking hot and Marcel and her together would be too. I would love to see Claire Holt back but the new Rebekah is sweet and sexy, not Ms. Holt but her voice is almost as sexy. Freya should be on team Klaus Elijah Rebekah Kol not team psycho mom, dad and son! By the way it a great show, great cast and story lines….Elijah and Hayley should be together and Kol and sexy little witch Devina are good too…peace

11. minna says:

i think if Marcel is falling love to Freya that would be fun

12. Marci says:

Ew no Marcel and Gia. They have more of a father-daughter vibe for me. He’s her mentor and cares about her well-being, like his connection with Davina. I could definitely get behind Gia and Elijah though. Those two were really hot.

13. chey says:

I still want Marcel and Rebekkah together.

14. Kerwain says:

Marcel and Rebecca; Elijah and Haley; Klaus and Cami (since Caroline is out da picture..or is she?)