Pilot News: CBS Orders Rush Hour Drama — Plus: Super Clyde Lives!

Rush Hour Series

CBS has its eye on yet another odd couple for the 2015-2016 TV season.

The network has ordered a one-hour drama pilot based on the 1998 big-screen smash Rush Hour, which starred Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker and spawned sequels in 2001 and 2007 .

The potential series will be executive produced and written by Bill Lawrence (Scrubs, Cougar Town) and Blake McCormick (Cougar Town).

CBS’ logline for the project is as follows: “A stoic, by-the-book Hong Kong police officer is assigned to a case in Los Angeles where he’s forced to work with a cocky African-American LAPD officer who has no interest in a partner.” Brett Ratner, who directed all three prior Rush Hour installments, is among the additional EPs for the small-screen adaptation.

CBS also announced a pair of comedy pilot orders on Monday evening.

First up is Super Clyde, from executive producer and writer Greg Garcia (My Name Is Earl, The Millers), and if the title sounds familiar, it’s no accident. The single-camera project is a remake of a 2013 pilot about a meek, unassuming fast-food worker who finds his calling.

Harry Potter alum Rupert Grint headlined Super Clyde in its initial incarnation.

The network’s other comedic prospect is the multi-camera project Joe Time, from writer/exec producer Bill Wrubel (Modern Family, Ugly Betty), about “a family man who struggles with the fact that everyone around him is pursuing their dreams and enjoying their lives more than he is.”

Any of these potential series have you marking your calendars for September/October? Sound off in the comments!

1. Tran says:

Hate to wonder if they cast John Cho for the role of Lee and they better not cast Arsenio Hall for the role of Carter. Remember when Arsenio was on Martial Law back then?

2. Eric says:

These all interest me, but Rush Hour is a drama? I hope it at least has some comedic elements like the films it’s based on. Glad to see Super Clyde is back as I really enjoy the concept, but I liked the cast of the original pilot a lot. Hope they’re able to match it second time around.

• Patrick says:

I liked the main 2 stars of Super Clyde. Most of the supporting cast was extremely iffy.

• I just read that the new actor is in the middle of getting his contract renewal from his last series ABC The Middle and ABC didn’t cancel the show. We both know if the two producer can come to some kind of agreement where he can do both show,CBS will be looking for another new actor for the role. Good luck to the new CBS series.

3. B says:

while i’m not typically interested in procedurals i’ll watch anything bill lawrence is connected to

4. Roguesfanboy says:

When are they gonna have CW pilot news? I’m curious what they’ll do next.

5. Williwasnt says:

They gotsta have Grint and Fry back for Super Clyde. They were what made the pilot so great.

6. radmcawesome says:

I just hope that this version of Rush Hour isn’t as racist as the original. That movie has always rubbed me the wrong way.

7. Mika02 says:

Omg Super Clyde yes that pilot was so great I couldn’t believe they passed it. I hope they learned their lesson.

8. Ben says:

I genuinely only want Super Clyde if Rupert Grint is in it… I’d really like to have Steven Fry as well, but Rupert Grint was THE selling point for me.

9. Molly says:

What is the point of Super Clyde without Rupert Grint and Stephen Fry? It was the only pilot I was excited for last spring. I’m still depressed it was passed on.

10. Floyd Smith says:

Mehcad Brooks and John Cho please!

11. Phil says:

“Martial Law” was my first thought here too.
    I loved the first season. Sadly, the second season lost al the sparks and charme.

12. Letti says:

I love Rush Hour, but I’m not sure about this, as they’ll obviously won’t have Jackie and Chris.

13. Jw says:

Not interested in any of them

14. Sydney says:

No Jackie Chan or Chris Tucker = No Rush Hour

15. Nadia says:

I really want Super Clyde to be made but with Rupert Grint in it. I would love to see how this played out and if he gets the girl. I would be so excited! Most Harry Potter fans would love this my generation of fans and the new generation that is also getting into the HP movies.

• cdhaskell says:

I still wish that Rupert Grint was still playing Super Clyde because he look like he was the person who suddenly into a super heroes. Charlie is a great actor but I love him in the Middle.

16. Nessa says:

I would love to see Rupert in Super Clyde. I would watch anything w/ him in it !