Ratings: Miss Universe Hits 5-Year High; Galavant, Resurrection Finales Rise

Miss Universe Ratings

NBC’s broadcast of the Miss Universe pageant (do we still call it that?) on Sunday night drew 7.6 million total viewers and a 2.0 demo rating, more than doubling the previous coronation ceremony (3.9 mil/0.9, on a Saturday) and marking eight- and five-year highs.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Galavant‘s double-episode finale averaged 4.3 mil/1.1, up 26 and 22 percent week-to-week. Resurrection‘s finale (3.7 mil/1.0) popped 12 and 25 percent, while Revenge (3.7 mil/0.9) slipped 10 percent and audience/was flat in the demo.

CBS | Leading out of a special Undercover Boss (8.8 mil/1.5), a double-pump of CSI averaged 8.2 mil/1.3, on par with its most recent outing.

FOX | With football nowhere in sight, Mulaney (999K/0.4), The Simpsons (3.4 mil/1.4), Family Guy (3.2 mil/1.6) and Bob’s Burgers (2.5 mil/1.2) all took steep drops, yet Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2.8 mil/1.4) only dipped about 10 percent.

The Screen Actors Guild Awards were broadcast on “cable” networks, and thus their ratings will not be in for a while.

1. Tran says:

Don’t know what ABC is going to do with Galavant & Resurrection.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Cast a wild guess, “Tran”! C’mon.

• abg says:

Cancelled. Ditto Revenge which I like but ratings are awful this year.

• Tran says:

NO! NO! NO! As Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson would say: IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK…MATT!!

• TJ says:

I am thinking Resurrection is done for sure. Glad it felt like sort of an ending. Would love to see another short run of Galavant, it was wonderful. I think, however, a full season would get old.

• wrstlgirl says:

I agree about Galavant. I was starting to get bored with it and was glad last night was the finale’. Much longer I probably would have bailed.

• murley says:

I certainly hope they have another season of galavant and I feel like a renewal isn’t a long shot. The ratings stayed pretty consistent, it dipped in the middle but rose again at the end, and given that it went up against nfl playoffs and award shows and is pretty niche, it performed decently. Plus what else are they going to put on during the hiatus? It sounds like the majority who watched it kept watching and will watch a season 2.

2. Joe says:

Mike Kelly should have stayed with revenge , ( the 2nd season wasn’t good ) but it’s better than this one( the original premise is gone )

3. Tran says:

You know what? Forget about what I’ve said on my first comment because I predict that Galavant and Resurrection should get canceled by ABC and Revenge may get a “final season” next year. Wish Matt is becoming like Andrew Lockhart from Homeland.

4. Letti says:

I still hope Revenge would at least get a shortened final season.

5. schumi8 says:

Please just end Revenge this season – those ratings for a Sunday night show at 10 are awful. Even if they had a good badie to see the rest of the season out with it would have been one thing but Margot with her “5th biggest magazine company in the world” is hardly a formidable foe!!!!

6. wrstlgirl says:

I’m thinking Resurrection is toast but they might renew Galavant. Revenge, I just don’t know what to say about that. It’s barely watchable for me but I figure I’ve lasted this long why not see the end, which needs to happen soon. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they canned it.

7. aumair sagar says:

Aumir sagar 923355481951 age26 anyone girls friendshp and mirrge my contc me24 hars onlin

8. herman1959 says:

I liked Resurrection, and I would stick around for a second season. But, I’m wondering when Mulaney will be put out of its misery.

9. Steve Ungrey says:

I’d love to see a third season of Resurrection. That said, if it’s canceled Sunday’s finale felt like a series finale and tied up some loose ends. I hope ABC gives it another try. It truly is one of the best series on TV.

10. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

No, no Resurrection should come back for S3 I really love this show and the finale last night was good! I’m now questioning Rachel’s baby that preacher James was right if that kid is born more people will come back….I hope it comes back I want to see what happens next!

11. Boiler says:

See there is no accounting for taste with Miss Universe ratings so high

12. DavidSask says:

Revenge clearly can’t get another season?! I hope they have nice finale lined up or get a movie to end the show!!!!

13. Erica says:

Miss Universe won the night? Yuck. Just, yuck. Galavant was great and so much fun to watch. I’m a cult classic kind of person and Galavant is definitely my newest obsession.

14. murley says:

Matt, where can we nominate quotes of the week? For want of a better place, this exchange from Brooklyn nine nine had me laughing so hard i cried no matter how many times I rewatched it:
    Holt: “You should be changing her auto-correct. What’s her last name?”
    Peralta: “Perez.”
    Holt: “No! It’s Butt now. Sophia Butt.”

15. Lisette says:

Hoping for a 3rd season of Resurrection… Amazing hour of television with a brilliant cast. So many stinker shows on that are well passed their prime, it would be a shame to see this gem go.