The 100's Lindsey Morgan on Finn's Loss, Clarke's 'Unforgivable Act'

The 100 Finn Death

If you thought Clarke was having a rough time coping with Finn’s loss, just wait ’til you see how Raven is handling it — or, rather, how she’s not handling it.

“We see Raven go through it all,” Lindsey Morgan tells TVLine in advance of Wednesday’s The 100 winter premiere (The CW, 9/8c). “We see her throw herself into her work, she tries to block everyone out, she lashes out at people — and even that is just her putting her own pain on someone else. She’s got a giant hole in her heart, and you’re really going to see her struggle.”

As for Raven’s thoughts on Clarke…

“She’s not happy with Ms. Griffin,” Morgan admits. “Sure, [Finn] was the love of [Raven’s] life, but he was also her only family. He was all she had, and Clarke knew that. It almost makes it worse that Clarke and Raven had finally become friends; can you imagine your friend killing your family. If Clarke killed Bellamy, how would Octavia feel? They only have each other. It’s such an unforgivable act in Raven’s eyes.”

And even though Raven isn’t having Finn-visions (Fisions?) like Clarke, Morgan insists that Raven is carrying a “tremendous” amount of guilt. “If we were to do a special episode inside Raven’s brain,” she says, “We’d definitely see him.”

Other than that, Raven is just struggling with the usual: “She’s still paralyzed. Given their supplies right now, it’s amazing she’s even alive — and she does not get better.”

Oh, Raven…

The 100 fans, how are you coping with Finn’s death, if at all? Does Raven need to ease up on Clarke? Browse photos from tonight’s episode below, then drop a comment: What do you hope happens next?

1. Remy says:

I don’t miss Finn one bit. Not a huge Raven fan either.

2. J. says:

I think/hope that Raven will see that Clarke made the best decision. Not just for peace, but so Finn wouldn’t have to suffer by getting tortured. If Clarke hadn’t killed him, Raven would have had to watch at the fence while the Grounders pulled out Finn’s eyes, fingers, and the rest before they killed him. I hope in time that Raven and Clarke will be friends again! They have one of the best relationship on the show.

3. wrstlgirl says:

I just hope they don’t dwell on this for to long. Let them deal with their grief and move on with the story.

• Andy Swift says:

Given the pace of this show so far, I’m thinking we’ll be on to the next thing soon enough. Seems like they’re piling all the Finn stuff into this one episode.

• wrstlgirl says:

I hope so. They have some really great stories going in this season and I don’t want them to fall into the pit of never ending angst :-)

4. Letti says:

I’m so sorry for Raven. I prefer her over Clarke any day. I hope she’ll be fine, but at the same time I hope she’ll kick Clarke’s ass. I’ll miss Finn, even with his destroyed season 2 personality.

5. sweetlolo says:

I have no idea why, but I never watched this show until the Christmas holidays. I had a 2 day marathon and now I am all caught up. It’s a great show! The evolution of Finn was rather interesting to watch as I feel like he was two entirely different people between season 1 and season 2. Had he died in season 1, I would have been pretty upset but by mid season 2, I understood the need to kill him off. I understand that through his death, many more story lines can develop, but I wish before his death the writers hadn’t ruined his character. As far as Raven is concerned, I can’t say I’m a fan.

6. LT says:

One of the BEST shows no one watches. C’mon people, spread the word!

7. Mikaylah says:

I’m glad Finn is gone, but I feel awful for Raven. It’s like she says, Finn was her family. You don’t just get over someone killing your family, no matter why it was done. I would like to see Clarke and Raven work through this, but I wouldn’t buy it if it happened too quickly.

8. Anna says:

I am so hoping that the writers write Finn back in….maybe Clarke faked his death and he’s hiding out in one of the underground bunkers waiting for a safe return. I don’t care how they do it I want Finn to return –alive and well-to Clarke. I am not watching any more episodes until Finn comes back. Watching 100 without Finn is like watching die and Juliet lives! Why would I want to watch Juliet without Romeo? And Finn was just that…..Clarke’s Romeo.

9. Cant wait Lindsey Morgan is the shows mvp if u ask me she constantly knocks it out of the park

10. Meg says:

I have yet to see the newest episode that aired January 21st, but seeing Finn die is okay with me. No, I don’t miss him at all.. the story needs to continue and his death opens a lot of that. It’s been a while sine I’ve watched a US series and The 100 just gave me that. :-)
    Oh and Raven, she has too much already on her plate hope she moves on and her friendship with Clarke will be truly tested and it might not even be the same as before.

11. Jen says:

Hallufinnations.

12. Ed Prior says:

You idiots. Do you realise that this article is one of the top search results for The 100? Meaning that anyone looking up the show will instantly see the massive spoiler in your headline irrespective of where they are in the series? This is really sub-amateur stuff.

• Alichat says:

Finn’s death aired over a month ago, and the episode has since re-aired once more. There have been numerous articles on various sites discussing his death. This isn’t really a spoiler.

13. Juliet says:

You need to bring Finn back it not the same with out him his was the real character and we want him back for Clark it very boring I won’t watched

14. Janet says:

Thanks A LOT TVLINE!! You just ruined a HUGE part of The 100 for me by having major spoilers in the few lines that are visible in a google search. Please keep in mind that not everyone watches shows the day they are released.

Thanks.

15. Anita says:

I miss Finn, I wish they hadn’t destroyed his character so quickly. I would’ve like to see on the show for a while longer.

16. alex kimani says:

that wasn’t agood way to eliminate the best character like finn.

17. alex kimani says:

finn was great ,removing is a big gap .

18. Miley says:

So sure, S2 Finn wasn’t a great guy, but, damn, at least he has a personality. S1 Finn was probably one of the most boring and 2D characters I’ve ever seen on television. Sure, I’m glad he’s dead, but that’s not to say I didn’t prefer him in S2.

19. anna says:

Finn’s death was a deal breaker for me. I can’t watch anymore. He doesn’t have to be with Clarke , and he shouldn’t have been made the bad guy in the second season, because that totally was not his character. I wish he was still on the show. I was really invested in him.

20. Anthony pellegrino says:

I actually liked that Finn died, great plot device

21. Yanira says:

I diagree entirely about finn being killed off early. And as for his personality it actually makes perfect sense he was fine in season one because the woman he was inlove with (clark) was fine but in the end of season one she was gone and season to were it was picked up he was pretty much breaking his head wondering if she was alive or not amd he was going to go through any means nessasary just to find his lover weather she was dead or alive anyways bad mistake taking finn out him and clark had a beautiful thing

22. So if you are going to have spoilers; DON’T PUT THEM IN THE TITLE SO THEY SHOW UP ON A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR “The 100 season 2”!!!!!

Stupid jerks. Your website it crap.

23. reme says:

One of my favorites, if not my favorite was Finn. He was the only peace keeper and the most open minded an fair. I hate that he was turned into a mass murderer and then killed. With out a voice like his in the show it will not be the same. All other characters think alike as to how to deal with impossible situations, i mean none peace, ways.
    For me he was the only ream peace keeper