Pretty Little Liars Recap: Storage Wars

Pretty Little Liars Recap

Neither “pickled” nor “dissolved” are very flattering adjectives to describe your friend, but considering Mona’s current state, I’m thinking she’s in no position to complain.

A mysterious text from the late Ms. Vanderwaal’s phone on Tuesday’s Pretty Little Liars directed Spencer and Caleb to a storage unit facility where they believe her body is being kept. Their original assumption was that the unit was co-owned by Alison and Detective Holbrook — Jason basically confirmed his sister’s connection to the shady law enforcer, as if the girls needed more proof — but they were shocked to discover who the unit is really registered to: Hanna!

To make matters worse, Spencer told Toby she couldn’t share what she and Caleb were up to, which nearly triggered another tearjerking fight. Forget the girls; I think she would be more concerned about “Spoby” surviving this ordeal.

Elsewhere in Rosewood this week…

NEAT FREAK | I have a lot of questions about Talia, the new employee at Ezra’s café, but I’ll try to limit myself to two: First of all, is she insane? Her obsessive attention to detail drove Emily bananas this week, and I can’t say I blame her, especially after Talia’s dig at the tiny hole in Emily’s t-shirt. Second question: Where does she stand, you know, sexually? My lesbian Spidey sense was tingling for the entire episode, and I was completely thrown for a loop when she started talking to Emily about Ezra’s “cute buns.” For now, I’ll just assume “A” planted Talia at Ezra’s café to ruin as many lives as possible, gender be damned.

INDECENT PROPOSAL | Am I the only person who completely forgot about Pastor Ted? I was pretty pumped when Ashley and Jason hooked up last week, but upon Ted’s return — and especially after he revealed his plan to propose — I suddenly feel icky about the whole thing. Hanna’s mom is also clearly not in a good place, because she practically fell apart when Ted popped the question over a ginormous peanut butter cookie. At this point, I’m hoping Ashley sees the light and decides to marry Ted; it’s been way too long since we’ve had a wedding on this show, and Ashley would make a beautiful bride.

PLL fans, do you think Mona’s body is really in that barrel? And should Ashley say “yes” to Ted? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories below.

1. Riana says:

Mona’s body probably isn’t even in there.

2. Zorkel says:

You know, Talia doesn’t need to be either or. She could be bisexual.

3. dan says:

Don’t you mean “pickled” in the opening sentence? I’m pretty sure that was one of Caleb’s options for Mona if she is in the barrel. Not sure what to think about Talia, but she appeared to be flirting with Emily in an odd way. Glad Allison was absent from this episode.

4. Brianna Hemmings says:

I think that mona’s body is in the storage unit. I just watched the epiepisode and I really love it. But I think that Mona is in the unit because of all the A clues

5. crystal says:

Talia was DEFINITELY flirting with Emily. It’s like every unattached girl is into Emily except for Sydney.
    And I loved the whole Spencer/Caleb sleuthing dynamic. I would watch the heck out of a spin-off.

6. Iris says:

My lesbian radar went off as soon as Talia got hired for the job. Or maybe its just me wanting Emily to have another relationship. I think she asked emily about Ezras butt to see if Emily is into guys or girls. She pretty much told her she looked hot in her regular clothes.

• smschira says:

I agree and was basically going to comment the same thing. I picked up on Talia flirting with Emily last week when they were discussing Paige. Talia definitely was testing Emily with the question about Ezra to see if she was a lesbian. I give their inevitable hookup about 2-3 weeks, right before (or during?) a call from Paige wanting to work things out.

• Iris says:

I think they would make an awesome couple. Talia is very pretty. As much as I love Paige and Emily, i wouldnt mind seeing her with Talia. I just hope she is not someone sent by “A” to mess with the girls.

• crystal says:

I agree that they are a hot couple but it isn’t right that Emily gets into another relationship as soon as Paige left. Frankly I would be glad if Emily stayed single for a while. I don’t remember if Emily has ever not been in a relationship. They still are probably gonna hookup though.

• Andy Swift says:

I think they’d make a nice couple, but they’re so similar-looking… it’d be like making out with a mirror.

7. Sara says:

The only thing that made me happy was seeing Jason and Aria again. Even though the show won’t allow her to ever be with anyone else (cause that’s normal), it made me happy.

8. B says:

Does anyone else think Holbrook is in that barrel and not Mona?! I’m serious?! I think Mona is really dead but I think Holbrook is dead too

9. B says:

pickled lol

10. Cody says:

God, I’m kinda pissed off with this show, like they made Jason and Ashley hook up last episode just to throw a wrench into Ted-Ashley’s relationship. Like WHY? Why can’t we have a happy ending at least for one of the many many characters.
    And are they pushing for “Spaleb” because that’s gross and mean.
    Don’t care about Emily’s new co-worker or even Spencer’s new guest.
    Bring back Jenna, Lucas, Melissa, Andrew, and stop introducing more characters.
    *end complaint*

11. SG says:

I’m so happy my gaydar wasn’t the only one going off towards Talia, I think she is totally into Emily. I don’t think she knows Emily is a lesbian she just know she’s getting over an ex. I think Ashley should marry Ted,I love Ted and as Hanna pointed out so does she and he is good for Ashley he did bail her out of jail.

12. Angeline says:

When Talia was aski ng Emily about Ezra’s ass she was obviously trying to figure out if Emily was a lesbian, c’mon guys its so obvious.

13. Candy Kathy says:

Spaleb is pretty awesome.