The Originals Scoop: Will Elijah Stop Hayley and Jackson's Wedding?

The Originals Season 2 Spoilers

Preparations are already underway for a royal wedding when The Originals‘ returns Monday (The CW, 8/7c) — but will Hayley actually make it down the aisle with Jackson?

“There will be some emotional turmoil for Hayley,” executive producer Julie Plec tells TVLine, especially following Ms. Marshall’s no-clothes wrestling match with Elijah during the winter finale. “She’ll have to decide: Does she tell Jackson? Does she not tell him? Does she go through with this wedding, even though she’s in love with another man?”

And if Hayley does go through with the wedding as planned, she’ll need to figure out: “Can she love Jackson, who’s such a good person and cares about her so deeply? And, ultimately, what comes along with having to marry Jackson? What will she have to give up, and what could put them in danger?”

The Originals Season 2 SpoilersSo much pressure! Meanwhile, there are still fans hoping to see a spark reignite between Hayley and Klaus, to which Plec has two words: Keep. Waiting.

“I don’t think anything is ever completely off the table,” Plec admits. “Right now, Hayley is torn between two men, so to throw a third one into that mix is a little complicated. But they do share a child and a history, and in the long run of the series, you never know. There are relationships you plan for, and then there are relationships you discover along the way. So they’re one of those that you just watch, wait and see if there’s a fun story to tell there.”

Hey, let’s just be glad Joseph Morgan isn’t in charge of the show: “If [he] got his way,” Plec says, “Klaus would end up bitter and alone.”

Time to speak up: Are you hoping Hayley goes through with her wedding to Jackson, or should Elijah speak now? And do you have any thoughts on Klaus and Hayley’s lingering potential? Drop all your thoughts in the comments section below.

1. Emma says:

Yes lets have another brothers in love with a brunette mary sue! said nobody ever!! omg julie your so transparent its beyond sad trying to get the klayeys stans back on your side lol well desperate times call for desperate measures! OH and i´m the only one who things that werewolf thing is the stupidest thing ever! i marriage will enable the werewolf to shift whenever gawd its just about as stupid as the moonlight rings but what is to be expected with a showrunner like that

• Angus says:

You don’t like the show and how its run don’t watch it. Chronic bitchers. jeezus.

• Emma says:

kim jong un is that you?

• Karen says:

I am stunned at the emotional bloodletting in a lot of these comments. If you hate what’s happening STOP!! STOP watching the show or STOP whining about the content!! Please! Or better yet, give us something greater to watch. I love the show. I don’t always agree with the storylines, but…whatever!! Please, do yourselves a favor. If you hate the writing so much, please, please STOP watching.

• Hope Suitor says:

I agree with everything you said

2. Laura says:

The only decent potential pairing on this show is Klayley. Give me that please I can’t stand these other couples.

3. JC says:

Hayley belongs with Elijah.

4. Aleana says:

I really don’t want to see brothers in love with the same woman all I want is Klaus and Cami

5. wrstlgirl says:

Hanging on by a thread with this one, same as Vampire Diaries. I end up reading the reviews and then just deleting the episode from my DVR more often than actually watching the show. I really need to just cut the cord and be done with it, LOL!!!

6. sweetlolo says:

Hayley is meant to be with Elijah!! And Klaus needs to be with Cami… The end :)

7. Lia Solime says:

Klayley will happen when that Haylijah nonsense is finally over. Klaus and Hayley are the best match to be honest. All the other couples on this show suck balls tbh.

8. Guest says:

muahaha klayley

9. I just want Klayley. I do not like the other couples. They are boring or just trashy! I want Klayley. They have the best chemistry and actually make a good fit and bring out the best in the other. Get those other couples away from me.

10. zed says:

KLAYLEY!!!! They are alpha wolves- they are real soulmates!

11. I think Klaus and Hayley should be together. Not for the baby, but because I really think they would be good for the other and they just seem like such a perfect fit for the other. I don’t understand that sleeping with my baby daddy’s brother thing, that just too much. Also Cami’s really boring and Klaus needs someone who’s more on his level. I say Hayley and Klaus should give it a go. Klayley for me.

12. July says:

Hayley and Elijah <3

13. Anna says:

Elijah and Hayley.
    Klaus and Cami.

14. July says:

Stop triangles.Klaus and Cami.Hayley and Elijah

• Julie C. says:

Stop triangles? LOL But it’s already a triangle! I mean, even if Klaus and Hayley hadn’t a romantic liaison, they have a child. So, they are bonded for life. On the one hand, Klaus/Hope/Hayley… on the other hand, Elijah/Hayley (So, a triangle).
      And I recall you Klaus was the first to be with Hayley. So, if there is a triangle, it’s because of Elijah, not the contrary (Klaus). In a nutshell, if they (the writers) continue with their Haylijah, there is necessarily a triangle. (not a love triangle but a triangle nonetheless). The only way to stop this triangle is if Hayley stays with Klaus or another guy like Jackson for example (there won’t be triangle anymore).
      In short, this comment to say you are not logical: you say you don’t want triangles but you want Haylijah! LOL Open your eyes: If there is Haylijah, there is a triangle (for the reasons I just explain :)

• Tiffany says:

A love triangle is a love triangle when there is LOVE involved. Klaus and Hayley have never loved each other. Hayley loves Elijah and has also slept with him. Her moving on to Klaus would be a horrible triangle yet again. And Klaus deserves more than being 2nd choice after a girl doesn’t want his brother.

• Hope Suitor says:

I tend to disagree, so what if they have a child. Klaus and Haley had a one night stand and Elijah never stole her from anyone. But you can have your opinions. Elijah and Klaus can remain friends.

• Hope Suitor says:

I agree completely and hopefully those couples dont get ruined.

15. Maryann says:

The dramatic impact of the wedding needs to happen, or there needs to be a good STORY reason for it to not happen. For me, the most enjoyable episodes are character and plot driven rather than driven by trying to see certain couples together. That said, Elijah and Hayley are not done, and their plotline needs to play out, whether they decide they are no longer in love, or whether they will be coping with still caring for one another with her married to someone else.
    What I don’t want to see happen is for Elijah to just stop with wedding without some other alternative way for her to take care of her people. And yes, after all that is said, I do love to see Elijah and Hayley together. But…what impact is the fact that Elijah’s mother messed with his head and brought back his violent streak going to have on all this? Does this mean he will just lose control and kill everyone the way he did at that cafe? I actually cannot see any more sure way to permanently separate Hayley and Elijah than for something like this to happen. She would justifably never forgive him.

• Hope Suitor says:

I am a ELijah and Haley fan and I want them to be endgame. Elijah is not to blame what happened to him, its his mother I would hope Haley would stick by him just like Elijah always has if not she does not deserve him. And I dont find Cami boring. I like Cami and Klaus. Do enjoy the Elijah and Cami scenes.

16. Laura says:

Klaus and Hayley belong together and they will be together in the end. Klaus is way out of Cami’s league. He needs a fiery, tough and passionate Queen like Hayley. The passion and chemistry Klaus and Hayley have is amazing.

17. Annie says:

Klayley (Klaus and Hayley)

Camlijah (Elijah and Camille)

18. Maryann says:

Klaus is a pretty horrible person, and the only woman who has any hope of redeeming him, or with whom he has any remotely interestng chemistry is Cami; he was an evil stalker where Caroline was concerned, and Hayley was a one night stand that just happened to result in a baby they both love.

• Mary says:

Klaus and hayley just friends.
      Elijah and Hayley couple.

• Will says:

he compelled cami to be his friend essentially and cami is only interested because shes a psychologist and she wants to try and fix him because hes ‘broken’. And i dont know about you but Caroline looked like she was having fun with klaus in the woods soo lmao. And she said she cared for klaus but she had college

• charlotte says:

I agree that klaus has a bad side and I would love to see a bit romance on his character but klaus and cami was a boring scene and don’t think they should have that chemistry, I think that Caroline and klaus would have made that connection a bit more interesting.

19. tessa says:

two words: Keep. Waiting.

20. Ellie says:

Hayley is the only girl who can be in a relationship with Klaus when you think about it. Their potential is shown by writers and they deserve more than a chance.

21. Ellie says:

I am rooting for the hottest pair on The Originals, Hybrid King and Queen, klaus and Hayley

22. Kellie Orange says:

Hayley and Klaus will be together, Klaus knows it but wants happiness for his brother because he has always put klaus’s redemption ahead of himself.He feels the connection with Hayley with such intensity it scares him to death He always wanted the perfect family but he thinks that he doesn’t deserve it or that he is capable of such love. There will be Klayley even if I have to wait until season 3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 but I really would like to see it ASAP.♥♡♥#Klayley♥

• zed says:

Great post! And in the past, Tatia chose Elijah. Then even Katherine chose Elijah. And it is about time Hayley chooses Klaus. and he gets some real love! The way he has done the room for Hope and their talk about what Mikael told Hayley about Klaus and the scene with them- that was so sweet and dear and just wonderful.

• Hope Suitor says:

Dont think so, Elijah is the one that is always sacricying for Klaus and others. Its time for Elijah to find happiness. And Haley and Klaus can remain friends. IF it comes a times when Haley hurts Elijah then I would want him to find someone. But I will stip with my OTP Elijah and Haley

• Hope Suitor says:

I have to disagree. Its time for Elijah to fight, and not give in to his brother I love that Elijah is so loyal but at times its to much. For me I hope Kaley never happens and they stay friends. I know everyone has their ships. But I will go down with my ship Elijah and Haley. And she does not give a exact answer and she is not the only producer.

23. Amke says:

Elijah and hayley for sure, Some hot hot chemistry there. Klayley would only be a repeat of TVD and cause hate. And at the end of the day Klaus & Cami’s relationship is really interesting.

24. Ivy says:

I’m really excited about Haylijah finally getting together after all the obstacles.

25. Meme says:

it wouldn’t necessarily be a love triangle if klayley happened later on in like S3 or S4 , especially if haylijah’s not in love. Hayley couldn’t even tell Elijah she loved him in the mid season finale when she said she didnt love jackson lmao. They have been preparing klayley since the beginning, it would have been cliche if they would have got togther in the beginning. I am happy to wait for klayley, its better than the other boring couples. And if you think haylijah and klamille is endgame and its only S2 than you must be smoking something really good. You must not know Julie.

• Hope Suitor says:

I think I can understand Julie. I have seen all of vampire diaries and she is not the only writers of the Originals. And I hope at the very end that Elijah and Haley are endgame and not Kaley. Haley and Klaus can remain friends. And I am not smoking anything. Elijah and Haley will always be my OTP

• Hope Suitor says:

Plus Haley is the one that admitted she loves Elijah not the other way around which surprised me. not that I blame her

26. Amber says:

I get what she’s saying. If something organically feels right, then they’ll run with it. But as of now, a Klaus/Hayley pairing doesn’t really make sense. She’s clearly in love with Elijah. Also, the Klaus/Cami dynamic is much more interesting and feels more “right” to the story that’s being told right now.

27. Jess says:

All of the ships on this show are terrible, to be honest. The female characters feel stale and poorly developed, with few flaws to speak of and very little dynamic development that doesn’t somehow tie to the male characters. To speak of giving Hayley a THIRD love interest when I still can’t quite figure out what her strengths and weaknesses are as a character is patently ridiculous. I think that the criticism of Julie Plec is way too harsh sometimes, but I do agree with the idea that she needs to stop and work on her female characters and give them room to breathe before she jumps from ship to ship. This is especially true for a character like Hayley, who feels so vague and one-dimensional (pack, daughter, pack, daughter, Elijah). I think it’s too late for Cami, who has become so wrapped in tropes that I don’t know if they CAN salvage her character at this point.

• Hope Suitor says:

I have to disagree their are so many ships that could happen. I for and i am a Elijah and Haley fan and I dont think they are forced, they are like forbidden love. But you can have your opinion. And people need to stop hating on Phoebe and Leah. I will stick with Elijah and Haley

28. Letti says:

Whether romantic or not, Klayley scenes are great. I don’t like Haylijah and I couldn’t care less about Jackson. But at this point, I’m not concerned for ships, I’m concerned for actors and characters. And right now, that doesn’t look so good.

• Hope Suitor says:

I have to agree on Jackson. But Haley and Elijah are perfect together. I watch the show for the developement and i like the couples also. I will always be a Elijah and Haley fan even with all the angst. But people are entitled to their opinions. And I find Haley and Jackson have no chemistry

29. Lucinda says:

I want Hayley with Elijah

30. pamela says:

please do not have triangles on this show ever.

31. Hope Suitor says:

I am a Elijah and Haley fan, and I am tired of all this Kaley she does not give a direct answer. No love triangles. I am tired of Elijah being the one that is always sacrificing. Why cant Haley and Elijah be together and Klaus and Haley be friends. I don’t get why she wants to ruin a good thing This whole wedding is so stupid

32. Linds says:

Stop with the triangles especially between brothers!! We have an entire show dedicated to that this particular show happens to originate from. Just because you keep ignoring The Vampire Diaries in relation to this show doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist. It does and we’ve had years of the brothers and girl triangle there so please make it stop and focus on fixing your characters instead of worrying about who they’re going to hook-up with next.

33. Tiffany says:

Klayley doesn’t make sense for this show. We’ve endured years of a brother love triangle. Enough. It’s not like we need it. Klaus and Cami have one of the most interesting angles going on relationship wise, and Elijah and Hayley have a loyal following and are becoming quite interesting. Not to mention both fit the show like a glove.

34. kaka oscar says:

the only real king here is klaus and so the queen hayley.there is no way a queen should have another affair in the realm.thats cheating

• Hope Suitor says:

I tend to disagree to that statement, they dont make sense like the previous person said not on the Originals. And they are not king and queen. Klaus is not the alpha

35. Bri says:

Hayley and Elijah

36. panka98 says:

Haylijah is OTP .They need to be together

37. Carla Krae says:

From a relationship perspective alone, she could absolutely have a good life with Jackson. They had a spark when they met, he’s a really good guy, and he’ll do his best for her and their people.

38. Sarah says:

I hope Hayley and klaus get closer and end up together

39. Hattie says:

Elijah and Hayley belong together. I think it would be a huge mistake to do a Klaus/Hayley/Elijah triangle. I would quit watching the show. I love the relationship between Elijah and Klaus and would hate to see them at odds over a woman. I’d like to see Klaus happy with someone, but I don’t think Cami’s the answer.

40. Sharon says:

Please no Klaus/Hayley/Elijah triangle! Let Hayley be with Jackson and her wolf people, isn’t that what she originally wanted?

Also Klaus doesn’t really need a love interest, especially Cami!

41. Lily says:

Lol This article really sucks wow Hayley sleeping with Klaus again after she was in love with his brother? Even Elena a character that I hate never did that. I love the Originals but those Julie’s interviews just ugh If Klayley will happen again Haylijah should never have happened although I love them.

42. Michelle says:

No Klaus/Hayley romance EVER, I definitely prefer the banter-y friendship thing they have now. I see more of a brother/sister chemistry than a romantic one & think that’s lacking in most shows. They always have to explore a romance & it kills the entire vibe.

43. Lia Solime says:

Of course Klayley will happen. The show has been slowing building up to them from the start

44. Stace Keller says:

I think Klaus and Hayley would be a good match. I enjoy their relationship

45. Paige says:

I have to laugh at the comments on here. Sorry Kayley shippers but no one knows who will be endgame in just season 2. Lol.

Juile gave you enough to give you hope. If Kayley does go down it’ll be like Delana and Stelena. Klaus will be second best to Elijah. Just like Stefan is second best for Elena. Why ruin The Originals with a brother love triangle like TVD?

46. Sarah Acuna says:

Oh gawd just pair Elijah with the new vampire chick so he can let klayey happen but we all know Camille and Klaus will happen first sad

47. felicia says:

Elijah and hayley. They have amazing chemisty since the day they met. No wedding with jackson. Hayley is in love with elijah. Klaus dosent love hayley like elijah does.

48. dilEMMA says:

I am still rooting for Klaroline lol. I dont was Klaus and Elijah to fall out over Hayley

49. Escarlata says:

Klayley is the end, the couple with more sense in that show, Haylijah is all forced, unnecessary scenes without dialogue, the hate and Camille is a boring character.

50. I think Klaus and Hayley would be perfect together.