Revenge Recap: The Great Escape

Revenge Recap

Did Victoria Grayson just save the day?

Malcolm Black nearly gutted Emily like a fish on Sunday’s Revenge, only to be interrupted by a surprise confession from Victoria: “I killed Kate. … I shot that bitch in cold blood. … And you want to know the best part? I loved it.” This distracted Malcolm just long enough for David, Jack and Ben — who, despite being only a little bit useful, is now an official member of Revenge‘s Scooby gang — to bust in and, with a barrage of bullets to the chest, finally take down Malcolm.

I guess Victoria’s selfless act made up for her totally throwing Jack under the bus earlier in the hour, urging Malcolm to reassess Jack’s connection to Kate. (Side note: Was anyone surprised to see Ben tied up when Jack returned? He’s always a few steps behind, that one.)

Speaking of revealing people’s secrets, what was with Emily telling Victoria about David’s plan to kill her at the lighthouse? Can Emily really afford to make an enemy out of her father? Dude is crazy, and I’m honestly surprised Victoria let him go so easily. Maybe she’s finally getting tired of this ol’ game, after all.

And Emily’s getting tired of turning down Ben, agreeing to “start over” with Jack’s partner moving forward. Could a new love triangle be brewing in the Hamptons?

IS THAT A THREAT? | As one enemy fell this week, another emerged; Margaux has already put her big revenge plan into action, hiring a sketchy suit to find evidence — any evidence — to use in an exposé that will, ideally, land Emily behind bars. Try as she might, not even Victoria and her pearls of wisdom (“revenge is a dangerous game”) could convince Daniel’s baby mama to back down. Some people just can’t help themselves, I guess.

CONGRATULATIONS (SORT OF) | Meanwhile, on The Nolan and Louise Show, Mama Ellis made a surprise visit to the Hamptons — this time in the flesh — with some fighting words for her darling daughter: essentially, if Louise breathes a word about her mother and Lyman drugging her, she can kiss her father’s inheritance goodbye. When Nolan discovered that marriage would free Louise of her conservatorship, he decided to make an honest(ish) woman out of her — but how will he feel when he finds out that, at least according to Mama Lyman, that Louise is responsible for her father’s death?

Your take on tonight’s Revenge? Do you think David and Victoria are really over? And how do you feel about Emily and Ben? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Jose says:

Andy I love you….. but NEVER EVER call the team on Revenge THE SCOOBY GANG!!!! There is only One and that belongs in what used to be Sunnyvale…..

2. N says:

NOLAN got married! I can’t believe it!!!!!!!

3. jenny says:

Andy Swift, you missed a significant plot point. Victoria didn’t throw Jack under the bus. Victoria and Emily hatched out a plan and were conning Malcolm into THINKING Victoria was throwing him under the bus. The Queen told David in the aftermath that she and Emily devised the ruse to alert Jack. Were you watching?

4. wrstlgirl says:

This show has gotten so boring and predictable. I wish they would just write an ending and be done with it. I only watch it out of habit at this point.

• Julia says:

Agreed. I’m really hoping this is the last season, and they have time to wrap it up. And the Margeaux character is just silly. But I don’t think for a moment self-righteous Victoria is done with vengeance.

• cerreno says:

I want Margaux to die and the baby must end up with Vicky if she lives or go to Jack. She is beyond useless and if they think they can make her into the big bad then they are sorely mistaken…

• kiwirevengefan says:

If Margaux was to die I could understand the baby going to Victoria, after all she is its Grandmother. But why would you think Daniel and Margaux’s baby should go to Jack? That is really strange. He already has his own kid that he rarely sees, why would he want someone else’s child?

• susan says:

You watch because the show is addicting -not silly. My heart was pounding during that escape. For you naysayers, Why?? It’s not rocket science that has to make sense….just enjoy!

• Pixidilious says:

I don’t know. Victoria’s whole demeanour was that of someone who’d been so focussed on revenge that it nearly destroyed her and she hasn’t had time to grieve her son. I think the ending showed her handing over the reigns to Margeux. I think the entire show should have ended, but we’ve still got 9 episodes or something left? Hopefully Emily takes care of Marguex in those 9 and then it all ends with her and David and Jack on a beach somewhere that isn’t the Hamptons!

5. EJ says:

This show is absolutely running on fumes. Margeaux behaving like some bitter grieving partner is particularly ludicrous.

6. I TRY to keep liking this show, but it’s getting AWFUL CLOSE to a motorcycle over a pool of fins.

• mediaanon says:

It passed that a long time ago, now it’s just sad to see the state it’s in.

• laurelnev says:

I hope they just get Jack & Emily together already and bring this to a graceful end! They needed to announce a series end date about half a season ago.

• mediaanon says:

Well they have to waste more screen time on Ben because that’s the writers’ MO.

• laurelnev says:

I’m hoping Ben is just a plot device, much like the Margeaux/Jack pairing was. :) But then again, I’m in the camp that thinks Margeaux should have came and went as quickly as her neer-do-well brother.

• It's Me says:

They need to stretch out the episodes.

7. Amy says:

I thought that Victoria “throwing Jack under the bus” was part of their plan to get a message to Jack? Emily said she knew Jack and David were working together, so she thought he’d be okay.

• jenny says:

correct. The ladies were faking being adversaries when Victoria pretended to throw Jack under the bus. They were working together as Victoria revealed to David in their last scene.

8. Chris says:

Margaux is a joke. She owns a news media company and she can’t even do her own research? She has to hire someone else? She’s not that pregnant. What the heck does she even do? What happens when the truth comes out and she finds out that her father was responsible for murdering innocents and framing David? Will she shut the heck up then? Does she know that Daniel shot Emily on the boat? Did Victoria tell him that? People need to know about what Victoria did to Emily. It’s more than what she did to David. What’s the justification for putting Emily in the insane asylum until she told everyone her father was a bad man?

Still don’t like Ben. I don’t crazy hate him, but I don’t want her with Ben over Jack. She’s had too much history with Jack for her to run with Ben.

And I love Nolan and Louise. I was hoping for a kiss and they ran off and got married. Wow. And to the haters that say “Nolan is gay, let him just be gay…” He had his crazy guy flings, but he loved that poor girl who got her head chopped off in season two. He’s Bi. And Louise is gorgeous and her body is ridiculous. Go for it Nolan! Yous married now!

9. Chris says:

And we don’t need another season. Wrap it up. I love it, but I don’t want it to go on.

10. Alichat says:

Emily and Ben….mmppff….I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. And HELLO??? No one asked how he knows the big secret? Not Jack….not David…..not Emily?? Why did no one ask how he found out? Oh yeah…because they’ve decided to turn Margaux into the big bad (with the help of Stark from ‘Eureka’) and revealing Ben’s ‘source’ would just ruin this ridiculous new plot.

FYI….saw this Louise story coming from a mile away. For someone who has spent the last three years hacking every database on the planet and doing all things coverty with Emily, Nolan really dropped the ball on that one.

• mediaanon says:

Ben is apparently more important than the main S1 characters of this series, they’ve been clearly getting sidelined.

11. Bwhit says:

What about Ben literally sniffing out where Victoria and Emily were? Is there really a point to a love triangle? Jack should just win by default, last man standing at this point.

• mediaanon says:

It’s a waste of time, but the writers clearly don’t care, that’s why they keep dumping in pointless characters that amount to nothing in the end, just look at how much Malcolm Black amounted to with all the hype.

12. That fight scene was insane. I was on the edge of my seat, only because I feel no character on this show is ever safe. And please, never again with the Scooby Gang.

• Doo Bee Doo says:

“no character on this show is ever safe.”

Except, of course, Victoria and Emily. Come on, you knew the writers wouldn’t actually kill either of them.

13. Chris says:

Emily should flip Margaux’s plan. When she tries to out Emily, Emily should reveal Pascal’s involvement of the David Clark plot to Margaux’s biggest media rival. Maybe Nolan’s protege that got screwed by her last season can pitch in. That would make me smile. Would all of her assets be somehow frozen like what happened to the Graysons? She can end the show how Daniel started the season. Broke because of her father’s sins. Then she and Victoria, both disgraced and miserable, can go on raising the baby together.

14. July Gal says:

I loved the show but I think is better to give a good series ending while the writers still can….
    Margaux as a villain is a joke…she only hate Emily only because the story Victoria told her….Conrad murdered her father and Kate killed Daniel….she doesn’t have real motive to revenge…
    as for Ben I don’t love the guy…but with Aiden death ='( I prefer He and Emily together instead of jack…
    So please I will hate to see ending this season hoping that a season 5 could come true and then just received the news that it will be canceled…
    P.S I still love the show =)

• Jeff C says:

Thank you! I am floored at all of the love for Jack and Emily. They have ZERO chemistry and their attempts always feel forced. Childhood crush or not, she needs to start fresh.

• July Gal says:

I know!!! My thoughts are the same as yours… They can’t end together.. It doesn’t feel just right maybe in season 1 they had a little.chemistry but now zero….
        Let’s hope she finds someone new in Bali when she starts a new life with her father =)

• abz says:

At this point, I’d prefer the show ending with Emily by herself. Her relationship with Jack doesn’t even feel romantic and this Ben character just needs to go period! Let her get to know her terrible father (not a fan of David anymore really) for a while now.

15. diane says:

I actually liked Victoria this episode and I liked that the bad guy was disposed of, in a few eps. I don’t understand Margeaux’s revenge. She and her plan seem pointless, as does Ben. I don’t think I care about the red head either. Nolan should be given a better storyline.

16. Ali says:

Can someone please explain how Ben conveniently figured out the entire revenge plot with Emily when jack confronted him? Did i miss something, or were the writers just being lazy?

17. Shevey says:

I find Margeaux more of a nuisance/annoyance than a viable threat and I sincerely hope the writers and show runners aren’t expecting the viewers to buy her as such.

• babysteps4health says:

I have faith that they read these comments and know better than to make this the Margaux show. She has always been pointless at best. I never bought her and Daniel as an item or even worse her and Jack- eww! I think it will be short lived and lead to her learning more about her bike almost step-mother/ almost mother-in-law. How dumb can she be to just go along blindly looking for Revenge, never stopping to ask- why did Victoria lie for Emily, save Emily’s life, then ask her to keep the Amanda secret. I have faith that the show will find a new direction. I am thinking there will be a LOT more to the Ellis family in our future.

18. JD says:

It’s been a good run, the Malcolm Black storyline could have been stretched out more, but now with him out of the way we are left with Margaux, a bit of a contrived character lacking a certain je ne sais quoi. Hope to be pleasantly surprised from here until the end of the season but to echo what has already been said above it does very much feel as if this show is running on fumes now.

19. It’s sounding pretty obvious that Louise’s mom killed her father, and put her on those pills so that (1) she’d never remember what she saw, and (2) even if she did, she’d be deemed an unreliable witness.

20. Tamara says:

I feel like somehow Margaux will lose her baby and it will be Emily’s fault , reigniting Victoria.

• JD says:

That would be a good way to reignite Victoria but proceeding from there would require ‘Team Victoria’ and at the moment there doesn’t appear to be anything except for… Margaux (assuming she is not killed off). New blood needed, perhaps there should have already been more earlier in the season.

• skylar says:

I believe that Victoria wants to start something new peacefully
      If the writer make Victoria set on revenge toward Emily again, it will be such cliche plot and ruin the whole series
      Besides since Emily can’t be pregnant because of Daniel,it’s sort of fair that marguax won’t keep this one(i think she will lose her baby on her cray cray behavior)

21. Tamara says:

Maybe the big death tease is Margaux’s unborn child.

22. And now we are stuck with Margoux because she has the only Grayson left

23. scotlore says:

I think Margaux is the new Charlotte – a pawn easily moved around the chess board to do whatever Victoria wants.

24. Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after looking at some of the posts I realized it’s new to me.
    Anyways, I’m definitely pleased I found it and I’ll be book-marking it
    and checking back regularly!

25. Kaylie says:

Was it just me or did anyone else feel like Malcolm Black’s death in the fire was coming a mile away during that fight scene?
    Also I despise Margeaux and hope she’s the next character to go! I couldn’t stand Charlotte but I would prefer her still be here than Margeaux!!
    I’m surprised Nolan had nothing to do with what was going on!! At the start of the season I didn’t like Louise either but she has started to grow on me and I can’t believe her and Nolan got married!!! So happy for them! :)
    I really do like this show don’t get me wrong but I have to agree with everyone that I think it’s run it’s course and should end at the end of this season!! :)

• Jess says:

Well a big fire thing is less subtle than a random Chekhov’s gun on the wall so I’m gonna go ahead and say that yeah we all saw it coming.

26. I was so sure that Malcolm Black could not die and would remain alive until the series finale.
    However the scene at the facotry was amazing. I love Emily and Victoria’s plan a lot.

27. WAITTTTT…
    What about that Alvarez dude???

28. Anna says:

Soooo instead of Nolan getting involved in the computer related stuff Jack just did it himself? Like what? Instead they go ahead and marry Nolan to Louise? And BEN gets to save the day? BEN?! Man, Idk with this show anymore. At this point, I’m not sure I wanna continue watching, which I guess is not a good sign. At the beginning of the season, I did NOT want this show to be cancelled – now I’m not sure if I even care anymore.

• Actually , the marriage was fake. It was set up to help Louise get rid of her mom.
      Ben is an actual cop , so he can save the day. Duh.

• abz says:

Yeah, so much of this episode was ridiculous. Really? Emily is in serious danger and they have Nolan, her best friend, cooking and hanging out with Louise and getting married, while all of this is going down. He’s not even looped into the situation or allowed to express some concern over what happened. This show has been losing it for some time now, but I don’t know how much worse it can get. The whole time I was just wondering where is Nolan in all of this. They can’t seriously have him not involved.

Margaux is a fool and a terrible character. After two seasons, I still think the actress’s acting sucks. Maybe it’s just this show as I haven’t seen her other work, but she’s terrible in this. I hate when they try to make her act tough. It’s so laughable. They can’t actually believe that make her the villain of season 4B will actually be interesting.

I don’t see any point to the show anymore. I only like Emily and Nolan. David is terrible and even though he’s been through a lot, I find nothing likable about him anymore. Victoria is despicable and unlikable. Charlotte is annoying and glad she’s gone. Margaux and Ben are just a waste of space and air time. This Louise drama isn’t that interesting and really doesn’t connect well with any of the other arcs on the show. Jack is just annoying. I don’t buy into any romantic connection with Emily. I think it should be purely platonic. Plus all his storylines are stupid and his being a cop is nowhere near believable. There is literally so little left to like about the show anymore. I may just finish out the season. I really don’t see how they can keep this going beyond this season. If they insist on renewal, I think they should do what they did with Glee and give it a short final season to wrap things up neatly. Although, they do have enough episodes left this season to do so.

29. Barbados says:

I thought I was halucinating when Louise’s mum made a real appearance, when the scene with her being introduce to Nolan ended I was like how is it Nolan can see this hallucination now, did he go mad over night!

30. Steph says:

After Victoria saved the day buy telling Malcolm she killed his daughter, didn’t Malcolm stab her in the stomach?? How come there was no blood on her clothing when the paramedics arrived?

31. Liza says:

I have been an ardent supporter of a Revenge since Day One, overlooking the missteps and focusing on the positives. BUT, last night’s episode finally turned the tide for me. Are you serious, Revenge? You get an actor as talented as Tommy Flannagan, build up the character Malcolm Black, and kill him off in two episodes??? The fight scene was intense, but I was shocked this was wrapped up so soon. I thought he was going to be the big bad for the rest of the season. But, no! They gave this role to Margaux?!?!? Are you kidding me??? Margaux is supposed to be a feared villain??? Absolutely laughable!!! I now join the multitude of people who want the show to end this season. Please let Emily/Amanda, David, Jack, Carl, and a new Sammy leave the Hamptons – along with Mr and Mrs Nolan Ross – and live happily ever after. Ugh!!!

• abz says:

I’m glad they killed him off. Revenge has a habit of dragging out certain storylines longer than they should. This Malcolm Black thing, like The Initiative story line, just wasn’t that interesting in my opinion.

32. buster says:

Margaux may be the worst character to ever be on this show. I can’t understand a damn word she says and she is about as scary as Casper the ghost. With all the people Emily and David have went up against do they really think they are going to be scared of her?

33. Done with revenge says:

They are trying to keep the show going by focusing on new characters and plot lines. Nolan and Louise with revenge on Momma, Margeaux after Amanda (if the thug is any good, he’d turn up a boatload on Daniel shooting Amanda, Victoria locking her away in the asylum). Amanda and Dad should leave the Hamptons….

• mediaanon says:

And it’s terrible, they need to stop dragging things out.

Most people are only here for Emily’s revenge, none of this other filler nonsense or whatever they’re trying to reboot it into.

34. Tennisnsun says:

Totally ridiculous. I hate it when good shows turn desperate. I am embarrassed for them. I guess they were just on long enough to be eligible for syndication, so now anything goes. Margeaux as a villianess? Absurd! Louise’s Mom was fun but that’s about it……….

35. kn1231 says:

I don’t want to admit that I want to see the show end after this season, so I won’t. With that being said, I really have no idea where else this show can go. Hopefully Margaux becoming the new villain only leads to her demise. And I didn’t watch the episode yet, but it sounds like Emily and Victoria were getting along just fine. If Victoria get anything that remotely resembles a happy ending, then that is just ridiculous. I think that the show will end with Victoria playing a hand in David’s death, and the implied Emily revenge story…. so basically the show is going to end the way it started. Not sure how I feel about that, but that’s the way I see this going.

36. Doug Henning says:

I love this show for some of the absurd stuff in it… Obviously it’s a long way from how it started which is not unusual for high concept shows…. But I have problems with viewers calling out for shows to end… We have zero control except for those handful of people with ratings boxes.. Only other measure is social networking and look at here… 60 messages on the recap… My favorite face on TV is EVC’s I’m mad face!!

• susan says:

I agree wholeheartedly! Sick of the whiners . We do have zero control on what happens,but this is one of the most commented on show good and bad, Everyone is an expert on how to write a script.I hope the show continues.

37. lisa says:

Revenge, it’s been fun. We have had some good times. But they’re over now for me. I can not stand Margaux. The fact that she is still even ON this show is bad enough. With Aidan, conrad and daniel gone and now Margaux the ‘star’… it is really time for me to stop watching.

38. Morgan says:

I don’t understand why Emily and David don’t follow through with their plans to leave town and start over.

• kiwirevengefan says:

Then we wouldn’t have a show, would we?

• Ffs says:

So you agree that that’s the best-case scenario, then, kiwi? Ending the show would be a mercy to us all. At this point it feels like something that both Lifetime and SyFy would pass on based on implausibility and general lameness.

39. Helena says:

BRING CONRAD BACK

40. flower_petals says:

That’s all we get of Tommy Flanagan??!! That wasn’t reoccurring at all. That was a 2-3 ep arc. He was supposed to be this big bad and he’s already dead? Kinda dissappointed.

• flower_petals says:

and what about the Chief of Police? No one’s looking for him? Margeaux’s the new Emily( needing revenge)? Where is the Revenge from season 1?!!!! This is the end….

41. summoners war unlimited crystals

42. Susannah says:

I really hope they start integrating the Nolan and Emily stories. I like it when they work together but right now Nolan seems like he’s in an episode of Murder She Wrote or Hart to Hart.
    Louise is not trying to bond with Victoria or plotting to kill Margaux, so why is she on the show? I like the actress but why is Louise’s story even part of the show anymore?

43. RichieS says:

Looking forward to the Nolan/Louise consummation. Could fill a whole ep!

44. Kelly Deeny says:

As much as I enjoy watching “Emily” kick butt, I prefer it when she’s outthinking, outsmarting, and outmaneuvering her opponents. She’s always one step ahead, which is why I was a little surprised by her admitting David’s murderous plan to Queen V. Doesn’t that give Victoria ammunition now? Why would she intentionally reveal info that she could hold on to and use at a better time? I absolutely believed that Victoria tossed Jack right under that bus – kudos to Madeleine and EVC for helping us all believe it – because it’s not out of character (pun intended) for her.

45. r0ckmypants says:

I keep waiting for Louise to be relevant. Other than preoccupying Nolan now that Emily has decided they’re not Batman and Robin anymore, what is the point of her?

46. More Louise, please. Ben ‘s a bimbo. I’m sure he’s Conrad’s illegitimate offspring too. More Louise! More Nolan! LoLan!!

47. Chris says:

Am the only one who noticed a complete lack of recognition for Charlotte? She is never mentioned at all and she is David’s daughter too. No Charlotte when Daniel Died, No Charlotte when Malcom Black is searching for David’s daughter, No Charlotte when Victoria claims Margaux is family……..Is this character supposed to just vanish like she never existed? Victoria acts like she’s got nobody but stupid Margaux when she has 2 other children, Charlotte and Patrick. With Conrad gone, she can certainly have a relationship with her other son. Too many holes in this story. Please get rid of Magaux. Her existance is pointless, her motive for revenge is weak at best and she is no match for Amanda Clark. Amanda defeated the Initiative, Conrad Greyson, and Malcom Black all while taking revenge on anyone else who dared to hurt her and her father along the way. We are now supposed to believe that an expose in Le Marchal is going to ruin her and put her in jail? Not happening.

48. Erica says:

I don’t believe that – if Louise did kill her father is was out of a crazed condition – either an accident or self-defense. There is also the twist that the mother killed the father and made Louise think she did. I don’t want this drawn out.

49. srirachagirl says:

When I first started watching this show, I immediately thought, wow, this is the kind of show that better end in 3 seasons otherwise it’ll take all of its amazing moments down when it ends in desperation. Sigh, unfortunately, it seems that I was right. When season 4 came out, I was hoping that I was wrong and they could keep it going, but it just needs to be over. They should have left on a high note and not brought David (seriously, who didn’t see him actually being alive coming towards the end?) into the show. He’s a terrible creeper and I feel that Emily would have been much better off if he had really died when they thought he did.

I don’t understand the point of Louise in this season, although, I admit that I do love her, but I really miss Nolan being Emily’s #1. It also doesn’t not seem that Emily has really done much character development throughout the entire series and I just am starting to not like her as much any more. I also harbored secret fantasies that she and Daniel eventually would wind up together….but of course, just as he was turning out to possibly be a pretty decent guy after all, heroic death. Although I don’t blame the actor for leaving the show, I’m pleasantly surprised to say that I will miss him (considering that this show is, apparently, still going on). I also miss hairy Jack and his personality from earlier seasons…he’s just kind of hairless and weird now…

Also, like everybody else, what is the deal with Margeaux?? I was really back and forth on liking her, but now, she’s just a bit crazy! She literally has zero reason to hate Emily so much, so I don’t get why she’s so ardent on exposing everything she’s done. I can see where she would still blame Emily for his death because he tried to save her, but more like in a “we can never be friends and I will always associate his death and my loss with you” way, not in the “REVENGE!!!!!” way that we are seeing now.

I like that Victoria seems to *finally* have grown and seems fairly genuine in her feelings and realizations about Emily the last few episodes. I guess we will see, but it would be disappointing to see the writers fall back with her and keep her in two-face-scheming-vindictive mode. It’s a tired line, and much like this show, needs to be retired.

50. Ffs says:

My take: Every time I think Revenge can’t get any worse, it proves me wrong. Miss Georgia has been drugged her entire life and is suddenly saved by one enterprising Mistress of the Squint? She’s clearly only there to die a noble death later, poor crazy pawn.

Why am I writing about Miss Georgia? Because she’s at least not trying to hard; the actress who plays her obviously knows this is the lamest, if most lucrative, gig she will ever have.

Why am I stil watching? I didn’t for a couple of years but I sort of thought it was about to end and I was curious about how it would resolve. IMO the entire show premise was about Emily avenging the death of her father. When she was shown to be a ninja years back, I lost all respect and stopped watching. Now that I’ve come back, the bar tender is nonsensically a cop, the father is undead, and Mistress of the Squint is still getting thown around only to suffer lifelong battle scars…oops, no, just a little smudge of Mac lipstick on her cheek.

Good god, this show. Since it gives new meaning to jumping the shark, I pray it ends in a Sharknado in the Hamptons movie of the week. Please let it end that way. Soon.