Hannibal Season 3 Set for Summer

Hannibal Season 3 Summer

Hannibal fans will need to be bloody patient.

NBC entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt announced Friday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour that Season 3 of the dark drama will premiere this summer — whereas previous seasons kicked off in April and February, respectively.

“It’s a show we love, it’s critically acclaimed, we love it. And we also love summer,” Greenblatt said. “We have exciting plans for summer,” which most likely will also include the David Duchovny-meets-Charles Manson period drama Aquarius and the Heroes Reborn miniseries (now starring Chuck‘s Zachary Levi).

1. Azrielen says:

While I wish I could see more Hannibal sooner, I’m…OK with this? Summer series need less ratings to stay alive, and Bryan Fuller gets more time to craft amazingness.

2. Kate says:

I am weirdly conflicted, I almost feel like it can get more attention even if there is more summer programming, it still has the stupid quality (I look at you Under the Dome and Extant) and reality based stuff. I mean, cable stuff is great and that is when Netflix tends to release its more popular options. But I worry about any show that gets moved around a lot (since I presume it won’t be on Fridays at 10 anymore, probably a Tuesday horror/sci fi night?) that isn’t Supernatural which honestly if it stays in one place all year causes worry.

3. lechatnoir says:

Yes , please the sooner the better. One of the best shows out there .

4. Tran says:

That stinks. Hope the new season should get a big boost this upcoming Summer.

5. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Although I’m not excited about waiting longer, if it means a better shot at renewal with the ratings it gets I’m for it.

6. Nick says:

I hope this isn’t a bad omen for future seasons, I would love to see the producers vision for the whole show come to fruition.

• R.O.B. says:

Somehow the TERRIBLE “Under the Dome” has survived for a third season now because it is a summer show. So I think this is good news for Hannibal.

7. Hannah says:

Echoing similar comments I’m not too happy about waiting longer but summer means less competition ratings wise and maybe a little more word of mouth recognition.

8. R.O.B. says:

Good. Otherwise they would have put it on opposite The Bachelor or The Kardashians and we would end up losing one of the best-acted, best-written and best-filmed television series created.

9. N says:

I’ll be watching…..whenever!

10. switcherdawna says:

Bloody patient is right…

11. Jimmy says:

Hannibal is a phenomenal show, combining excellent acting with great writing, producing and directing. Bryan Fuller & Co. really know how to craft an amazing show. There’s always an eerie, unsettling atmosphere – even in scenes when Hannibal isn’t cooking humans – and that’s all to do with the visual style and artistic value of it.

And, by contrast to other summer series, Hannibal is the best one out there. Under the Dome and Extant don’t stand a chance against this show. Hopefully it quickly gets renewed for a fourth season! I love the show and I can’t wait for it to come back!