Ratings: Parks and Rec Returns Up, Agent Carter Slips, Fire Hits Low

Agent Carter Ratings

Parks and Recreation opened its farewell season on Tuesday night with 3.8 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating, improving on bothits previous premiere (3.3 mil/1.3) and finale (2.7 mil/1.0).

All told, it was Parks‘ most watched episode since Feb. 2013 and its highest-rated half hour since May 2013. The 8:30 episode retained 3.3 mil and a 1.5. TVLine readers gave the double-pump an average grade of “A-.”

Continuing the Peacock’s night, Marry Me (2.2 mil/0.7) dipped a tenth, About a Boy (2.8 mil/0.9) ticked up a tenth and Chicago Fire (6.6 mil/1.5) slipped two tenths to a season low.

Elsewhere….

ABC  | Leading out of a special Shark Tank telecast (7.3 mil/1.8), Agent Carter (5.1 mil/1.5) slipped 26 and 21 percent from its premiere. Forever (4.6 mil/1.0) dipped a tenth to tie its series low.

CBS | NCIS (19.6 mil/2.8) was steady, NCIS: New Orleans (16.1 mil/2.2) slipped three tenths and Person of Interest (10 mil/1.6) dipped a tenth.

FOX | MasterChef Junior (4.9 mil/1.7) and New Girl (2.9 mil/1.4) each dipped, while Mindy Project (2.4 mil/1.1) ticked up in both measures.

1. Shark Tank was new last night, not a rerun…

2. Tran says:

Very happy to see Parks and Rec back for its final season. Amy Poehler should definitely be an Emmy nominee soon.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Sad to see Chicago Fire hit a season low but if a lot of people are feeling like me I can understand why. I still love the show but this season is more like the Dawson show. So far I’ve been able to overlook that and just concentrate on the other characters. But I will say that I enjoyed last night’s episode more with Dawson and Casey being apart rather than all the boring relationship angst. But we all know that won’t last and they’ll likely be back together by the end of the season.

• Citygirl says:

Totally agree with you. Cannot stand the two of them together. Like them more apart. Also, the show was up against POI and Forever. I have a feeling these two shows are taking viewers away from Chicago Fire

• wrstlgirl says:

I knew the minute they put them together we were gonna have nothing but whining and crying from Dawson, even though all of season one all she did was pine away for him. . And she ended up doing exactly what I knew she would do. Dump Casey for her career. She’s never happy or satisfied. Wish they would have killed her off instead of Shay, LOL!!!

4. Boiler says:

Aren’t people sick of Shark Tank. These egomaniacs are on all the time.

5. christine says:

Sorry to see “Agent Carter”‘s ratings slip. I was hoping with such good buzz it would increase.

• Chelsea says:

Me too. We’re really getting into it.

• KatsMom says:

I didn’t really expect an increase. It’s pretty rare for a show to improve on its premiere, but i was hoping it would at least hold steady. Hopefully, people were just exhausted from staying up too late to watching Oregon and OSU on Monday night or something and the ratings will tick back up next week.

6. N says:

Forever was so good!

7. Will says:

I love Parks & Rec.. new timeline is a bit of an adjustment but I’m along for the ride.

Also, unexpectedly enjoyed Agent Carter premiere (haven’t watched last nights ep) but I’m on board with the rest of the season. It’s just a fun show… wish more people watched!

8. lizo says:

I really really hope ABC renews Forever & Agent Carter. *wishes so hard*

• John NYC says:

Yes, given we’ve seen she lives to a rather advanced age there’s at least no danger she’ll get killed off in a movie for their own reasons and mess with the television storyline. No “Coulson problem”.

9. maryquiett says:

Don’t take off the shows of cater and marvel. Your making a big mistake and all of of us will quit watching your station. Really we love these shows. What’s wrong with you all .get rid of a law and CO they need to go.