There’s going to be even more Fosters — as in episodes, not adopted kids.
ABC Family has renewed the drama for Season 3, the network announced on Tuesday.
“We are thrilled to be making more episodes of The Fosters – a show that has not only garnered critical acclaim and numerous awards but resonates with our passionate and committed audience,” ABC Family’s EVP of Programming and Development Karey Burke said in a statement.
Season 2B of The Fosters debuts Jan. 19 at 8/7c.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* David E. Kelley (The Crazy Ones) is adapting Stephen King’s novel Mr. Mercedes as a limited series, per The Hollywood Reporter. The bestseller tells the story of a psychopathic killer who commits mass murder by driving his Mercedes into a crowd, and the recently retired cop who makes it his mission to bring him down.
* Bradley Whitford (The West Wing, Trophy Wife) will guest star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine as the pilot father of Andy Samberg’s Det. Peralta. Whitford will make his debut in the March 8 installment (8:30/7:30c on Fox).
* ABC will tape another Nashville: On The Record special at the Grand Ole Opry House on Saturday, Jan. 31 to air on the network this spring. Tickets go on sale Jan. 14 at 10 am CT at http://www.opry.com or 1-800-733-6779.
* ABC Family has picked up the unscripted series Job or No Job, which follows one young adult per episode on his or her journey to land employment.
* Showtime’s one-hour comedy pilot Roadies has added rapper/actor Colson “MGK” Baker (AKA Machine Gun Kelly, Beyond The Lights) to its cast. He will play the big-hearted twin brother of Imogen Poots’ character.
* Cameron Monaghan (Shameless) will guest-star on Fox’s Gotham as Jerome, who is involved in the circus and will cross paths with city police during a murder investigation, Give Me My Remote reports.
* Christopher Walken and Dennis Miller have joined Crackle’s digital sequel Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser.
* Crackle has renewed Jerry Seinfeld’s web series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee for Season 6, airing this spring.