Exclusive

Eric Roberts Returning to CSI as Brother Larson in Season Finale

Eric Roberts CSI Return

The spirit is moving Eric Roberts back to CSI this spring.

Roberts will reprise the role of Brother Daniel Larson in the CBS procedural’s season finale, which is ominously titled “End Game,” TVLine has learned exclusively. This marks Roberts’ third CSI appearance; he previously guest-starred in the Season 13 finale and Season 14 premiere, both in 2013.

“We’re super excited about Eric Roberts returning to CSI to reprise his role as the silk-shirt smooth preacher-pimp, Brother Larson,” executive producer Don McGill tells TVLine. “Eric is always a blast to work with, and it’s always a privilege to be in his company and watch him do his magic.”

Any guess what might bring Brother Larson back into the CSI fold? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Riana says:

Should probably say Series finale since the show’s likely being cancelled

• JeffDJ says:

But since no decision has been made one way or the other, saying that would be inaccurate.

• JEst says:

Sorry for saying the same thing as you did. I didn’t post right away and I didn’t refresh and see your post until I made mine.

• JEst says:

Since likely doesn’t mean definite at this point, it probably should not say that. Giving it a false label would be crappy reporting.

2. GuestHere says:

Ugh–doesn’t make me want to watch—probably comes in to handle the funeral for Nick. And Eric Roberts didn’t make an impression when he was on CSI previously.

• Nona says:

Funeral of Nick? Nick will die? Who has sadi that? I know the actor is leaving the show but is that the way the show producers will end his participation, by killing him off? Not a good way to end his participation he has been on the show since the beginning it is more appropriate to give him an honoralble good bye for all the time he has been on the team not by killing his character cause killing him off is like his time on the team is worthless cause for aperson to die it is only takes a matter of minutes and seconds and that doe snot make up for all the time he has been on.

• mary says:

Nick will not die, writers have stated this already. They are leaving the door open for him.. They did however say one of the original will: Sara, Greg, Doc, or David. Guessing David since he said he wasn’t coming back.

• Nona says:

Ohh ok I guess is more obvious since he is just an assistant of the main coroner

• Nona says:

But now I remember ther are 2 Davids on the show so whose David will be? Maybe not the coroner but the lab guy.is the one who will be killed off.

• Whitney says:

Hodges hasn’t been around since season 1, though. Only since season 3 IIRC – it’s been awhile since I’ve watched the older episodes.

3. Tran says:

Wonder if Eric Roberts should have his own series in the near future possibly a drama series or a comedy series like he did during his days on Less Than Perfect (ABC).

4. Irish Cornaire says:

Brilliant,love the bloke tho his character is less than questionable,he always play a brilliant bad guy,me thinks that is the draw to him IMO!

5. I’ve always liked Eric and will definitely watch any episode he is in. Looking forward to a great show. I’m hopeful CSI gets picked up again as it is still a strong show with interesting episodes.

6. Nona says:

If they are talking about Season finale that means there is no cancellation yet of the series?

7. Nona says:

I just read that CSI will kill off one of their chasracters and it be related to the Gig Harbor killer and before any of you jump into your conclusions. The dead member wotn be Nick. I read Nick will have a proper good bye with a possibility of returning in the future. So that means CSI will be down 2 members why the network dont cancel the series anyway, 2 less main members of the show is not going to get the ratings up. CSI had run their course and even though there is no word of cancellation yet, the network should consider it then to cancel it the next season if not this season. Everythign started to fall apart when Grissom left the show.

I wonder who will be the character who is going to die

• Gail says:

Why should they cancel it? It’s still a good show with good stories and good characters. I miss Grissom, Catherine, and Jim, but I think the newer cast members are doing a great job creating characters a lot of us care about. I don’t want it to end. :(

8. They have been filming this episode at and around my apartment the whole last week. Even saw Mr. Roberts on set. Talked to a PA and yeah, they are prepared for it to be the last episode.

• Nona says:

So you can really confirm CSI will end this season? I mean series finale? Why th enetworkd then has not said so, if u are confirming that is what is going to happen

9. Kayla says:

Does anyone know when the finale is?